Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
gibbs0828

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Media Card Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hello there,
Recently I've been getting the same error message in regards to my media card: 'A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer.' I did some research on the forums and found one member's response:

You have to do what the error message says, run a disk error checking utility on the SD card. Find an adapter or something that will allow you to connect the SD card to your computer via USB and then run Windows built-in disk error checking utility on the SD card and then you should be good to go. Your files are still on the card, your phone just wont read the card until you run the error checking utility on it. This happened to me last week I believe. I forgot to "unmount" my phone from my computer after putting files on my SD card (or for Windows users, "unmount" is the same as "safely remove hardware").

I was wondering if there any alternate options... Can I connect the BB to the PC and fix it???

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
TorLin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs0828 View Post
Hello there,
Recently I've been getting the same error message in regards to my media card: 'A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer.' I did some research on the forums and found one member's response:

You have to do what the error message says, run a disk error checking utility on the SD card. Find an adapter or something that will allow you to connect the SD card to your computer via USB and then run Windows built-in disk error checking utility on the SD card and then you should be good to go. Your files are still on the card, your phone just wont read the card until you run the error checking utility on it. This happened to me last week I believe. I forgot to "unmount" my phone from my computer after putting files on my SD card (or for Windows users, "unmount" is the same as "safely remove hardware").

I was wondering if there any alternate options... Can I connect the BB to the PC and fix it???

Thanks,
Matt
I had that message before. I just formatted the SD card from computer. not sure how to help. not a gura of this blackberry SD thing. never had a problem like this when i had a palmone treo.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
gibbs0828

Model: 8100

So you bought an SDMicro to SD converter and then SD to USB?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Ephraim

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

i had the same problem when I dragged files from my computer to the sd card.
i fixed the problem by using the roxio media manager software. i don't know if the problem was related to the dragging files or something else. It was a random thing but since i stopped dragging the files it has never happened again.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
SomeGuy101

Smile Hi!

ok, from my knowledge, The fastest and easiest way to fix the media card problem everyone is getting, is to go to options, then Media Card: after you're in media card, click the applications button which is the button left of the scroll bar and then click format. once you've done that. all you have to do is activate Mass storage mode again. and then everything should be done. If you watch, it does most of the things for you once you've clicked (Format). This may not work for everyone, But it certainly worked for me.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
nathandees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy101 View Post
ok, from my knowledge, The fastest and easiest way to fix the media card problem everyone is getting, is to go to options, then Media Card: after you're in media card, click the applications button which is the button left of the scroll bar and then click format. once you've done that. all you have to do is activate Mass storage mode again. and then everything should be done. If you watch, it does most of the things for you once you've clicked (Format). This may not work for everyone, But it certainly worked for me.
That worked for me!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
mudassar007

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy101 View Post
Thanks for sharing,
easy n great
Old 05-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

i was getting the same error message but i closed it and went to the drive and opened it no issue. i dont think you have to fix it you can still access the files that have on your media card
Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
queensgal

Model: 8900
Thumbs up This Totally worked!!!

Hey SomeGuy101,

I have to say that this totally helped my phone, THANKS so much!!! Its back to normal now!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
calgaryscout

Model: 8300
Carrier: telus
Default Media card error

I had the dreaded 'A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer.'

I checked the sd card on the PC, everything was fine, tried all the battery 'cures' to no avail. The media card wasn't the problem, but I did find the cure! In my case the cause was that I had dragged and dropped some music files into the 'pictures' folder by accident. Basically the BB did not know what to do with these files in that directory and lost its mind. I simply moved the music files to the music folder and everything, put the sd card back in the BB and everything was fine!

The error message sent me on a wild goose chase, I could format the sd card, back up files and reinstall them all day and I would just keep putting the same music files back in the picture directory.

Obviously the error message could use a little better granularity!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:28 AM   #11
BBerryRanger

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Great Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy101
This absolutely worked and was insanely easy. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #12
a7la_2ngel

Model: 8900
Carrier: stent

can any 1 help me i`m having the same problem but when i turn on my blackberry this msg show but i cant do any thing its stuck i cant press any thing :(:(
help
Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
jimroe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7la_2ngel View Post
can any 1 help me i`m having the same problem but when i turn on my blackberry this msg show but i cant do any thing its stuck i cant press any thing :(:(
help
Can you boot the device successfully with no media card inserted? I have seen situations where a defective media card will hang the device. You may have that problem. A good way to test this would be to try a different media card.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
roxy21

Model: 8110
Carrier: pearl
Default disk error checking utility for blackberry

hi ny blackberry will not let my media card work and i would like to know what i need to do
Closed Thread