BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
mopi

Model: nexus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Giff Gaff
Default 2 phones 2 SIMs 3 countries 1 BBM - How :)

Please Login to Remove!

I have BBM working on an android phone (nexus4). I use a UK SIM and an Irish SIM in the nexus4 as I travel between the two counties a good deal. I currently have BBM working on the nexus4 regardless of which SIM is in the nexus4 which is just the way I want it.
The UK mobile phone company will allow me to add blackberry support (BIS) to the UK SIM on a month by month basis for a small fee. With BIS paid for I get a data allowance (BIS only with means blackberry email + BBM) of 10MB per day -- world wide ! A seriously good deal IMHO.
I have a long haul trip coming up and I'd like to buy a blackberry phone and get the BIS addon on my UK SIM. I will put my Irish SIM into the nexus4 and use this in wifi areas and for SMS.
I have read that the way the blackberry PIN works changed between BOS-6 and BOS-7 but as I do not have a BB phone the details are lost on me for the moment.
Can I get BBM to work on a blackberry phone [say a 9320 or older phone] with the UK SIM and have the same BBM account working on the nexus4 with the Irish SIM (plus WiFi), I really want to avoid a multiple BBM accounts. I do not intend to use BBM on both phones simultaneously.
BOS-10 phones will not meet my requirments as they 10MB/day allowance does not apply to them.

Pointers appriciated, I really like BBM and hope to convince friends to ditch WhatsApp and switch.

Paul
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: 2 phones 2 SIMs 3 countries 1 BBM - How :)

This cannot be done. BBM must be registered to one unique BlackBerry ID at a time.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
mopi

Model: nexus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Giff Gaff

Thanks for reply but I am having trouble grasping the fine detail here. If I switch off my nexus4, put the UK SIM (with BIS) into a clean BB phone (BOS-6 or BOS-7) and setup BBM on the BB phone with the BB-ID [that's an email address right ?] I used when setting up BBM on the nexus4 will I not achieve the result I am aiming for ? I am assuming if you upgrade a BB phone you can take your BBM account from the old phone to the new phone as that's what I am simulating.
Your use of 'at a time' gives me hope as I only need BBM to work on one phone 'at a time' while in country 3 I will have no need for BBM on nexus4 [but it would be nice to have it]. Once back in the UK/Ireland the BB phone will be SIM-less and unused.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopi View Post
Thanks for reply but I am having trouble grasping the fine detail here. If I switch off my nexus4, put the UK SIM (with BIS) into a clean BB phone (BOS-6 or BOS-7) and setup BBM on the BB phone with the BB-ID [that's an email address right ?] I used when setting up BBM on the nexus4 will I not achieve the result I am aiming for ? I am assuming if you upgrade a BB phone you can take your BBM account from the old phone to the new phone as that's what I am simulating.
Your use of 'at a time' gives me hope as I only need BBM to work on one phone 'at a time' while in country 3 I will have no need for BBM on nexus4 [but it would be nice to have it]. Once back in the UK/Ireland the BB phone will be SIM-less and unused.
One phone at a time - yes. That's do-able. When you activate the phone you're going to be using and open up BBM for the first time since activating (installing your SIM card) it should prompt you to switch BBM to that phone.
Closed Thread