BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
StevenT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Anyone know where I can get the original factory default theme for 7250

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure if it's something I did, but I managed to royally screw up my new 7250 from Alltel. It appears I have completely lost all themes, including the default theme. I'm now staring at a black and white screen/icons on my 7250.

I've tried wiping my BB, as well as reloading the 4.0 handheld OS I downloaded from Alltel, but neither corrects the situation.

Does anyone have, or can anyone point me to where I can get the factory default theme that originally comes on the 7250?

Any and all help appreciated.
StevenT
Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14164

That one and seven optional more...
Old 08-28-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
StevenT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks jibi, that seems to have done the trick.
Even the calculator is working again. I suspect my previous loading of either the orange or vodafone theme corrupted it somehow, so even when I went back to small icon theme, the calculator would simultaneously show both calculator screens for the small icon theme and orange theme. Very strange.
Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

it could have possibly been a different version of the theme file, as well. for instance, you could have had a 4.0 installation with a 3.8 theme file, or something similar. the ones in my post are the latest versions (all but one are 4.0.2.36; the large icons theme is 4.0.2.35).
Old 09-03-2005, 06:12 AM   #5
AlohaDan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
it could have possibly been a different version of the theme file, as well. for instance, you could have had a 4.0 installation with a 3.8 theme file, or something similar. the ones in my post are the latest versions (all but one are 4.0.2.36; the large icons theme is 4.0.2.35).
Jibi,

I posted the same question on a similar thread. I uninstalled the themes (via alx/desktop manager - and as a consequence, eliminated the theme under options). I reinstalled the "default" theme, and still have some issues with the calculater having a "messed-up" button images. I have OS 4.0.0.204.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

which handheld do you have and which theme are you using?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #7
AlohaDan

Quote:
which handheld do you have and which theme are you using?
I have the 7250 from Verizon, and using the default (small icons) theme.

Thanks for your help

Aloha
Old 09-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
thunder33cat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Default Same issue here w/Verizon.

Same issue as AlohaDan... the version that you have Jibi for the small buttons is a different rev than the Verizon one... I (we) need to get our hand on the "older" version Verizon small buttons theme.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder33cat
Same issue as AlohaDan... the version that you have Jibi for the small buttons is a different rev than the Verizon one... I (we) need to get our hand on the "older" version Verizon small buttons theme.
Just go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and look in the 7250* folder then go to Java. The file is listed as net_rim_theme_blackberry.cod. Copy this over the one you extracted from my packaged file. The only difference is the 4.0 versus 4.0.2 of the theme; I'm guessing some things were improved, since the 4.0 theme calculator does not work on a 4.0.2 handheld, and I'm sure other things, as well.

If you don't have the 4.0 handheld software installed on your machine, do so and then you'll have the path above.

Last edited by jibi; 09-05-2005 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
AlohaDan

Cool

Quote:
Just go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and look in the 7250* folder then go to Java. The file is listed as net_rim_theme_blackberry.cod. Copy this over the one you extracted from my packaged file. The only difference is the 4.0 versus 4.0.2 of the theme; I'm guessing some things were improved, since the 4.0 theme calculator does not work on a 4.0.2 handheld, and I'm sure other things, as well.

If you don't have the 4.0 handheld software installed on your machine, do so and then you'll have the path above.
That did the trick. Thanks Jibi for the help

Aloha
Old 11-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
imageone

Model: 7250

I installed via OTA the "small for 7200" It seem to make some changes I didn't really care for, so went to (Options>Apps>Default Small icons) and DELETED it. I was left with B&W none theme.

So I reloaded the Small icons theme via OTA. The Calculator doesnt work as well as some other things. How do I get this file to restore to original factory default theme for 7250? can someone post the file for OTA install?
Closed Thread