BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
suki_jones

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default multiple issues with Bold/replacement phones - quality issue?

Please Login to Remove!

I've had 3 issues with my Bold in the last year (each warranting a replacement phone) and wondering if others have has persistent issues with their 9000?

First, my phone kept re-booting randomly almost every 2-3 days for a month. AT&T tried the typical over the phone fixes, but in the end sent me a replacement phone. Next, my trackball stopped scrolling vertically - I tried all suggested fixes to no avail and was sent another replacement phone. One month later, my phone seized and nothing I did got it out of screen locked state (meaning I couldn't engage any buttons to prompt for the unlock keys).

I understand replacement phones aren't necessarily new, but has anyone else had persistent fails with their phone (multiple replacements), or heard of quality issues with the 9000? Trying to figure out if I have really bad luck, or if it's time to get a new model.

I know this may be wavering into another forum, but what recourse, if any, can I ask for from AT&T, for these nuisances and lack of quality phones (although I know it's a RIM issue in the end)? Better to contact RIM about this?

Last edited by suki_jones; 05-05-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

Can't say I have! Have had the same 9000 since november of 2008
Old 05-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
BoldKevin

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Suki I hear you! I am currently on my 5th replacement Bold and it constantly resets itself! I use a sleeve and have noticed that without touching the phone it just resets, white screen of death and many minutes later its back. I've never dropped the phone or got it wet, I have enough memory and do a battery pull to ensure its not the issue. I'm ready to just toss the phone in the trash and leave blackberry for good. I've tried dealing with Rogers and all the painful and annoying suggestions and NONE of them work.
Closed Thread