Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
ErwinF
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question Sync ask me to delete Outlook Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

From time to time, when I sync my BB 8120 with my computer, the process asks me to delete a great number of records from my Outlook Calendar.

I just click cancel and run a "clear" to my BB from the Desktop Manager to re-sync everything as new from my Outlook to my device. It can continue working and synchronizing without problems for about two weeks. Then, it repeats the problem and I have to do the "clear" process in my BB.

What could be the problem? Everything is set to "Forever" in my BB and the Desktop Manager is set to "Two way sync" and "transfer all scheduled items". There are about 937 records.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Are the deleted records events which occured in the past? I guess I'd be pretty nervous using my Blackberry as an archive for old calendar items, if the purpose of the "forever" setting is to really keep items on the device "forever".....There are three desktop manager settings in my version...5.01.28
Sync ALL item
Sync Future Items
Sync Date Range

which have you selected? I know also some organizations( like mine) has specific email retention policies where items over X days old are purged. In our organization, calendar items are excluded, but other organizations could have different settings......
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
ErwinF
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Yes. The deleted records occurred in the past. I noticed that when the sync process is reading records from the device vs. Outlook, it reads only 10 records on the device while it reads over 937 records in Outlook. Then it asked me to delete the records from Outlook instead of adding them to my BB. Again, this is happenning over a week later. In that time, it recognize both locations with the same number of records excepts for what I'm sure are new records from my Outlook.

About your other question: I have the latest version of Desktop Manager (downloaded from the BB Site). I have selected "Sync ALL items" trying to correct this issue.

My BB is out of any corporate server. We use the regular Internet Web page from AT&T to configure the email forwarding..

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Are the messages being deleted the oldest messages and does there seem to be any relation to a 60 day old threshold? A lot of the kb articles refer to a 60 day threshold; also is there possible maximum retention period for calendar items associated with the email forwarding provided by your cell provider?

Everything I've looked at online shows that with the settings you have described ie Forever(device) and "transfer all scheduled items"(Desktop manager) everything should work as you expect. Check out (you probably have done this already) kb22735; it's as though your desktop manager isn't aware that the bb device setting has been changed to "Forever". If the existing calendar items themselves have a problem with them, maybe a backup of the calendar items, deletion of those items from the device and a restoration would clear that up. Wish I could be more helpful.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Do you have anything (facebook, google . . . ) altering your calendar, anything except either what you do yourself manually on the blackberry or in Outlook?

Check your default calendar in device options. Make sure it is what you want, but more importantly, check the setting so you know what it is. If you have multiple calendars (i.e. you have multiple email addresses), the one that is set as default is the one that sync's with Outlook.

When you have this trouble with mass deletions again, cancel out and then check your default calendar and see if it is still the same, or if it has changed. If it has changed, change it back, and then sync again. I can't explain why it has changed, but if it has and you change it back, then I think you won't see the mass deltions issue.