Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default # Emails Never Changes

Please Login to Remove!

Hey All-

Two Questions for ya.

1) Number of Emails Unread Doesn't Change
New 8830 user here (first time BB owner!) and some weird stuff going on. I have a Yahoo and Gmail acct setup through BIS.

In the main screen, I have the Setup Wizard, Messages, Yahoo Acct, Gmail Acct, Call Log.

Now, I had 8 unread Yahoo messages and 5 unread Gmail messages. Since they were all test messages, I deleted them all.

Yet for some reason, when I highlight the "Yahoo" account and Gmail account on the default screen, it says this:

(8) [email address]

(5) [email address]

There are NO messages inthese accounts on the handheld. What's up with that?

2) No Synchronization?

I deleted a bunch of emails, and selected "Delete from Mailbox and Handheld". It's been 15 mins and they're still sitting in my Yahoo! Mail box. Why even ask me if I want to delete from Mailbox if it's not going to delete it?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds and then letting the device reboot. That fixes quite a few ills.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

FYI yahoo / hotmail are bogged down right now..

PC Pro: News: New spam trojan hits Hotmail and Yahoo
Old 07-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
xtopramen78
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds and then letting the device reboot. That fixes quite a few ills.
Great, this fixed it. Bad thing is I had the phone for one day and have already experienced the problem of emails not coming in (until a whole bunch came at once at 5am) and now this weird issue of the email count being fixed and not changing until I pull the battery.

Does make me question the durability and reliability of a BB, but outside of those two issues. It's nice. The one bad thing is the lack of ActiveSync type software that would let me sync with my corp email via webmail, but oh well.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopramen78 View Post
Great, this fixed it. Bad thing is I had the phone for one day and have already experienced the problem of emails not coming in (until a whole bunch came at once at 5am) and now this weird issue of the email count being fixed and not changing until I pull the battery.

Does make me question the durability and reliability of a BB, but outside of those two issues. It's nice. The one bad thing is the lack of ActiveSync type software that would let me sync with my corp email via webmail, but oh well.
Desktop Manager uses Intellisync which will allow you to sync contacts, calendar and tasks with Outlook on your PC. Email does not sync however.
Closed Thread