Old 12-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Bold compatable w/ BBSmart Alarms

Please Login to Remove!

Just downloaded the trial version of BBSmart Alarms. Each time I try to open the program I get an uncaught exception error. BBSmart's webpage says its compatable with all BB Devices. Is anyone using it successfully with the Bold?

thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #2
Whorehay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

According to this recent article/review, the Bold is not supported (neither are any 4.6 devices apparently)

BBSmart Alarms Pro v.1.24 Reviewed! | BlackBerry Cool
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
ChiefT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 24A7423

Tech Support says they are working on it and expect a working version by year end.

ChiefT

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise, Achieve!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Has anyone received any update on this? The app still doesn't work on the Bold. I suspect it wouldn't work on the Storm either.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nope, still don't work on the Bold....
Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

A bit frustrating I'll have to admit. I bought the app and was really satisfied with it. Used it all the time when I had my 8700g. My original email to him about this was answered with the reply that it wasn't compatible with the Bold and that they were working on it. I saw a post by him over at the Crackberry forums that the SDK for 4.6 wasn't available and they couldn't implement a fix without it. The SDK however has been around since mid-October (before the Bold was released). I would say a significant amount of time has passed for them to investigate and implement a fix.

At the very least, they should be up front and update their product page to indicate it is not compatible with the Bold (or 4.6). Right now it says: "All BlackBerry® devices compatible." which is, of course, incorrect.

With the amount of new Bold and Storm users out there, I find it surprising they have not resolved this issue yet.

I've sent two emails to them since November, offering to test any betas and run the app in the simulator in a Java IDE (I tested apps in my job a couple of years back so I have the knowledge and experience to do this). I never heard back from them.

I could easily find another solution or so I thought. None of the timer apps that I have come across (I've tried 5 or more) and none of them come close to the convenience and ease that this app has.

A minor frustration to say the least. (shrugs shoulders)

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.

Last edited by masonfoley; 01-14-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am not a developer so I cannot speak in technical terms as far as compatibility issues... However, I am still disappointed and hope its fixed soon, probably not soon enough because I am moving on to the 8900 next month.

My BB Shortcuts (made by the same folks) works perfectly on my Bold...
Closed Thread