jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBoldAddict View Post
Greetings to all Blackberry addicts,

Everyone of us ,especially people who have owned many cell phones, know that RIM makes its phones from the WORST and cheapest materials. In contrast, RIM's phones are among the most expensive ones.

No doubt that Blackberries have the best OS, which is written in Java, among all smartphones. Still, the build and price factor are very important. If you buy a Bold or 8900 for 500$ and one day slips off your hand, you will understand what I'm saying. The entire device will disassemble, crashes and stops working. All RIM's devices are built using light cheap plastic and paintings. Two to Three falls are enough to damage a Blackberry!!

I'm wondering how greedy and stupid RIM is!!!

RIM thinks that they are spreading all over the world. But the reality is that they will suddenly shrink due to their greedy policy.

Many Blackberry users in the U.S. stopped buying RIM's phones 2 years ago because of the defect that was exist in almost all curve's trackballs.

In conclusion, if RIM continues to use the same materials, they will fail in four of five years from now.
I couldn't agree more...
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #42
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Hello -

I disagree (even though your rant is valid). The RIM phones are more rugged that you give them credit for. I also disagree on price. I was under the impression that an unsubsidized BlackBerry was more north of $550-650 USD. To put this in comparison the cheap freebie phones (under $50 subsidized) are often $230-300 USD when purchased unsubsidized. I also understant many of the high-end HTC devices are north of $800-1100 unsubsidized. So RIM is sort of in the middle of the two extremes. RIM was even be a $100 USD or so less (unsubsidized) than competing smart phones /PDAs (Apple iPhone, Google Andriod-based phones, Palm Pre, various Windows Mobile smart phones, Treos, Nokia Symbian-based phones, etc). Where I believe your rant to be valid, is yes, compared with the early days (RIM 6XXX series, RIM 7230/7290 series, RIM 7100 series, RIM 7510/7520 series) the later devices - 8700/8707, 8100 series, 8300 series, 9000 Bold - are NOT Panzer tanks. But by every other criteron - memory, cpu, functionality, performance, multimedia support, quality of the LCD display, etc - the later devices are better than the earlier devices. I do believe the build quality of the new devices (8700/8100 and later) to be sufficient for their intended uses. I don't expect any electronic device to survive a direct fall onto concrete or a pool of water. Although many of the early Blackberrys did and that was well documented here and elsewhere.

Aaron
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #43
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Fishing is a sport? ;)
Maybe. Traditionally there are only three recognized sports. Bull Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto racing. Without any threat of death, the activity shoud be classified merely as a game.

With that said, I do enjoy fishing from time to time as does my wife. I especially enjoy fly fishing and I don't do it nearly enough. Luckily neither type has a threat of death!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #44
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroc View Post
I especially enjoy fly fishing and I don't do it nearly enough. Luckily neither type has a threat of death!
Oh, I don't know... an errant cast that firmly sinks the hook in your right eye (with worm still attached which, in and of itself, is a disgusting consideration) causing you to flail about wildly while you scream until you begin to get lightheaded and raspy-voiced and then stumble to the edge of the boat where you trip on the Coleman cooler full of just-caught fish and fall overboard into the lake where you begin to drown until that passing gator that you never even noticed in the first place grabs hold of your brand new Justin boots (with foot still nice and comfy inside) and pulls you and your fishing rod under... I'd call that a threat of death.

Of course, I could be exaggerating just a bit on the dangers of fishing.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #45
NewBoldAddict
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 256AEA66
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
You know for a Bold Addict (as your name implies) you really seem too happy with it...
Of course I do love Bold and it is the best device I ever had with the EXCEPTION of the build materials. Remember this is not a war zone or fanatics debate. It is all about expressing opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
That is the best you have for a response? Really? No comment on how my experience counters your claims that the devices are cheap? Nothing but a comment on the detail of my reply?
This is obviously not a discussion for you... You are not looking to carry on a conversation with others, but are instead trying to get people worked up. You are quite possibly the most insanely idiotic person I have ever had the displeasure to attempt conversation with. I have had shouting matches with more depth than this.

Therefore, I must return to my original comment that you must be bored to have started this thread so I can make an amendment:
Thanks for your nice words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
if my pillow is a concrete floor then ok, i did drop it on my pillow.

you went on and on about how cheap the parts are etc etc.

you got a very nice and detailed reply from one of the members.

Then you go and laugh and say he's written a detailed reply.

IF we just agree and tell you, like Steve has mentioned, then will you be satisfied?
DO you think that our experiences of dropping our phones and having no problems with them except for a few scuffs and scratches isn't good enough to prove your point? if one of the members did have a nasty experience they'd share with you wouldn't they? what do they have to hide?
i do think you're just trying to provoke people into agreeing with you. if you don't like the way a phone is made, then don't use it. simple. Use something which asthetically appeals to your liking.

In a nutshell, what tree did you fall from? or were you just dropped on your head when you were a baby?
Again. thanks for your nice words!

Quote:
Hello -

I disagree (even though your rant is valid). The RIM phones are more rugged that you give them credit for. I also disagree on price. I was under the impression that an unsubsidized BlackBerry was more north of $550-650 USD. To put this in comparison the cheap freebie phones (under $50 subsidized) are often $230-300 USD when purchased unsubsidized. I also understant many of the high-end HTC devices are north of $800-1100 unsubsidized. So RIM is sort of in the middle of the two extremes. RIM was even be a $100 USD or so less (unsubsidized) than competing smart phones /PDAs (Apple iPhone, Google Andriod-based phones, Palm Pre, various Windows Mobile smart phones, Treos, Nokia Symbian-based phones, etc). Where I believe your rant to be valid, is yes, compared with the early days (RIM 6XXX series, RIM 7230/7290 series, RIM 7100 series, RIM 7510/7520 series) the later devices - 8700/8707, 8100 series, 8300 series, 9000 Bold - are NOT Panzer tanks. But by every other criteron - memory, cpu, functionality, performance, multimedia support, quality of the LCD display, etc - the later devices are better than the earlier devices. I do believe the build quality of the new devices (8700/8100 and later) to be sufficient for their intended uses. I don't expect any electronic device to survive a direct fall onto concrete or a pool of water. Although many of the early Blackberrys did and that was well documented here and elsewhere.

Aaron
I agree with almost everything you said about Blackberries. However, I still believe the quality of the build materials (excluding the LCD) is not as durable as other phones.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #46
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

considering the comebacks you came back with.. *sigh*
Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #47
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I think I agree with the others hes an idiot
Old 06-24-2009, 03:02 AM   #48
CoDudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I think I agree with the others hes an idiot
i would say he was making some mildly intelligent statements..if there was something valid in ANY of his 'comebacks'. sigh.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #49
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I'm surprised this thread is ONLY 2 pages still haha.

Everybody uses cheap materials these days, but I've dropped my BB's plenty of times and they bounce right back (not literally of course) so I'm not complaining about RIM's build quality it's proven very reliant for me so far.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-25-2009, 03:46 AM   #50
CoDudette

because we'll be going around in circles steve, that's why there's only 2 pages, and plus the dude hasn't come back to make any further arguments..
Old 06-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #51
Crazy Nancy No. 2

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Maybe. Traditionally there are only three recognized sports. Bull Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto racing. Without any threat of death, the activity shoud be classified merely as a game.

With that said, I do enjoy fishing from time to time as does my wife. I especially enjoy fly fishing and I don't do it nearly enough. Luckily neither type has a threat of death!
Unless you're a fish!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #52
NewBoldAddict
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 256AEA66
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
because we'll be going around in circles steve, that's why there's only 2 pages, and plus the dude hasn't come back to make any further arguments..
I stopped commenting because I cannot really understand your "Bryani" English from your first comment hahaaaaaaaa. Once you learn "proper" English, come back Amitabh Bachchan loooool or Rikka

Also your not qualified to discuses such matters or even give an opinion.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #53
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #54
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low