Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
Christine_P

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Default Hacked

Please Login to Remove!

Any help I cant send out an email, I can reply but there will be a msg at the bottom saying you have been hacked.

Dear Blackberry User,

Your blackberry smartphone was just hacked a while back.
Although we do not intent to misuse the information gained by this hacking, we might hack your bank accounts, email accounts and everything else if we are bored during the weekend.

Now that it seems that your phone security was compromised, why dont you make a big issue out of this. Please report this immediately to your favourite local newspaper and help us make it to the headlines.

Stop! There is no use calling etisalat @ 101. They cant do much to help you. Instead try to be a little smart and patch up your own security.

Now that you are unsecure about your own security, why dont you patch up your e-mail security as well? Just as a caution or perhaps a lesson learned.

Go clean up, we gave you some job to do!

Happy holidays,
DXB TROJAN
Old 09-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

lol, if I were you, I'd change your email passwords and go on about life. Nothing was hacked -- you just got an email. At best, likely someone guessed your BIS account login password.

Was the email sent to a BlackBerry email account?
So go to your Etisalat BIS login where you setup your email to push to your BlackBerry and check the autosignature for that email address and see if it is message saying you've been hacked.

And then, change the password for that BIS account as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Christine_P

I received a Activation server notification on the BlackBerry its self through the messages not as an e-mail I opened it and it said
Quote:
congratulations you have successfully set up victim.trojan. 99@gmail. com lol with your BlackBerry (r) device, you should be receiving messages in the next twenty minutes
and the mail you read above was the first message. I did dial 101 they confirmed that the account had been added. Out of five BB users in the house, the mum is the one that gets it, wee bored laddies.

Last edited by Christine_P; 09-08-2010 at 06:30 AM..
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

It appears that someone is messing with you. Do you have a gmail account on your BB?

Log into your BIS account and see what accounts are there. If you have gmail, delete it.

There is a hack for gmail, yahoo, hotmail that does something similar and gets your passwords.

It isn't a BB hack or trojan as JSanders said above.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
acnst
BBF Moderator

PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

Christine, it looks like someone guessed your BIS account password and added the email account [email address] to your BB email accounts. Login to the BIS website of Etisalat, remove that email account and change your BIS login password.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Christine_P

Okay thankyou very much for the help....
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
acnst
BBF Moderator

PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

You are welcome. I highly recommend changing your login password for all your online identities. But before doing so, make sure to scan your computer for known malware, e.g. use a boot cd to scan the entire Windows computer: Rescue CD. It is very likely that your computer is infected with malware and therefore someone has got access to your passwords.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

I have to admit though, that's a nice way to mess with someone's head.

Kamau
Closed Thread