Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

This OS has been officially released for 8520, 8900, and 9000.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
DuckWingDuck
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

have downloaded and been running this ver for most of the day and can confirm that it's running pretty well. It looks like it did free up some add'l memory for me but that has never really been a giant issue for me and it hasn't been something that I've ever paid much attention to.

the latest ver of shazam (from bb app world, v2.5.2/6278) runs with .681 (and in fact, this update also works with .610), once again the app world icon has disappeared on me and curiously enough, so has the fb app. Other than that, everything else has been working fine.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
RoloPhone

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

Downloaded .618 today on a Curve 8900 on Tmobile.

Gained an SMS icon; lost all functionality to the Lock/Standby rocker button. Can lock with 'A', cannot unlock with 'A'+Send.

Upgraded through the AppLoader direct after having deleted the Vendor.XML file.

Being a BBerry pocket wearer, the Lock/Standby is important to me (and all those that I end up butt dialing otherwise)

Any ideas? I've only tried a battery pull, no joy, and don't know what else to try short of uninstall/reinstall. The only way to unlock currently is to turn off (Red button) and interrupting the shut down sequence by pressing any other key. Phone comes up unlocked.

Thx
Old 07-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #24
salavatov

Model: 9000
Carrier: Beeline

I noticed that 681 on 9000 fails to play xvid/divx videos which were played fine with 4.6. For example videos from developer section of Blackberry site. Is it only my problem? It says format is not supported. Youtube also does not work.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #25
RoloPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by salavatov View Post
Youtube also does not work.Thanks
No problem playing Youtube right out of the website, likewise for playing videos recorded with previous Pearl and transferred over. Did not try the ones you mentioned from Bberry site, but if you post a link, or tell me where they are, I'll gladly give it a shot.

Found another gem of special behavior with the Lock last night. Lock the phone, put it in the holster, take it out; still locked. do it again, phone unlocked the second time! Not a fluke, I can replicate it all day long, no matter the interval. Phone always comes out unlocked second time.

Battery performance improved, but there is that false sense of improvement when all is clean and you haven't forgotten a bunch of Apps running in background. Let's hope the power efficiency gains are real. I was hoping for a better RF gain, my only real complaint about the 8900.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #26
salavatov

Carrier: Beeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoloPhone View Post
No problem playing Youtube right out of the website, likewise for playing videos recorded with previous Pearl and transferred over. Did not try the ones you mentioned from Bberry site, but if you post a link, or tell me where they are, I'll gladly give it a shot.

Found another gem of special behavior with the Lock last night. Lock the phone, put it in the holster, take it out; still locked. do it again, phone unlocked the second time! Not a fluke, I can replicate it all day long, no matter the interval. Phone always comes out unlocked second time.

Battery performance improved, but there is that false sense of improvement when all is clean and you haven't forgotten a bunch of Apps running in background. Let's hope the power efficiency gains are real. I was hoping for a better RF gain, my only real complaint about the 8900.
please try this:
www-blackberry-com/DevMediaLibrary/view.do?name=videoplayback&format=DIVX

Thanks,
Kostya
Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #27
RoloPhone

Tried the video, and also got the Format not supported Error.

Opened it on my laptop, and it required a new Codec, which I downloaded and it opened OK. I transferred to the 8900 from Laptop using DM, and used the option to optimize for the Bberry. After that, it opened in the 8900.

I don't know if the codec used on these videos is the problem, although from your post, you were able to open them previously. Could the DVX codecs no longer be supported? I don't know what modifications the DM Media Mgr makes to the video, and it could simply be compression for all I know, but it certainly "cleaned it up" for use in the Bberry.

Sorry I can't be of more help, other than confirm the original behavior. You may need a video format expert more than a Bberry expert on this one. Did you manage to get youtube videos to play? You may try m.youtube.com

Good luck
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #28
slgta
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default Almost 2 months with no action for 9000 :(

RIM must be really busy trying to get the slider ready for the market.

Show some love for 9000 please .... most of us won't be able to get the slider for a while even when it is finally announced.
Closed Thread