Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
elliotencore

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default White Screen problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my BlackBerry - every so often the screen will fade to white with no error message and then only way to get it working again is to plug it into a computer and let it boot up =/

At first it started happening when I was using Spotify and then tried to use another App at the same time; the white screen would apppear.

I uninstalled Spotify thinking this may have been the problem but then it started happening randomly when using 3rd-party apps (Facebook, Twitter, PicMix).

I tried force rebuilding the OS - I downloaded the O2 v5 firmware and wiped/re-installed using my computer. This didn't seem to fix the problem either.

As it is at the moment, I currently only have BBM , BB Protect and WhatsApp installed on the phone. Everytime I try to install any other App on AppWorld, the phone fades to white screen and I have to pull battery and plug into a computer to reboot.

Anyone able to shed any light on this? Can it be fixed or is my BlackBerry never going to be the same again?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: White Screen problem

Have you dropped the device or has it gotten wet, even a little moisture can cause those types of problems.

Have you tried a battery pull recently?

Have you let the battery run down past 20% more than a few times?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
elliotencore

It hasn't been dropped or had any contact with moisture
Battery has been pulled everytime I have to force it to reboot
Battery usually ends up being drained before charging because I'm always away from home
Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Battery is probably the issue. Lithium batteries do not like to be drained below 20% on a regular basis as doing so can cause damage tot he battery.

It appears the charging system is working so replace the battery with an OEM model for your specific device, not a cheap knock off or one that fits but from a different model.

Keep the battery topped off when you are near a charger and carry a car charger and spare battery with you.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
elliotencore

I don't understand how that would be the problem though, as the BlackBerry fading white screen happens on a full battery just taken off charge - it's anytime I try to use/install a 3rd party app. Just using phone/SMS and even BBM and Browser - the phone is fine
Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

One way a battery can fail is to not be able to deliver power under demand. It will charge, and will appear to be ok when demand is low, but then not support higher demands. Perhaps this is what is going on, and the white screen is happening when you do something that cranks up the processor.

Or, it could be a hardware problem with the device. If you rule out the battery and rule out a software issue, then you will know. You won't know it is the battery or not if you don't test with a battery you have no doubt is good.

However, power problems when using the phone is usually a sign of a battery going bad, and you indicate you don't see the white screen when using the phone. I lean to hardware problem, but still you need to rule out the battery.

Last edited by aiharkness; 04-22-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Closed Thread