Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #41
Zzeuss
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks! Do you know what those extended battaries are called?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #42
snowcrash

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzeuss View Post
Thanks! Do you know what those extended battaries are called?

Thanks
Yeah, "extended batteries"

1500MAH OEM SIZED EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY FOR CURVE - BASI15BBX3S
Old 12-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #43
Zzeuss

How much longer of use do you get out of this compared to the BB battery?
Old 12-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #44
Ryan8700
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: GPONG
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I'm 16. I have an iphone, a 7290, an 8700, 8800 and now a curve. Im telling you, the blackberry is better. Although iPhone internet is just amazing, you'll get bored of it fast. Do you have facebook? BlackBerrys now have a dedicated FaceBook application.

Go with the BlackBerry.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #45
shipwreck17

Carrier: att

price decided for me. I dont know where this 16 yr old got all his toys but im in college and for my first smart phone i went w/ the 100 dollar w/ upgrade curve over the 3-400 iphone. Glad i did this thing is sweet
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #46
gbnemail07
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

In response to the "mac culture" crap... i truly resent that because I have a mac and enjoy apple and many of their products. My macbook pro is amazing and so is my apple TV. As for phones i have the curve and couldnt be happier. They are not very compatible with macs yet (the desktop program lags from the windows counterpart) but with my mac i have windows as well as Mac OS X. I am also a college student so I am young like many mac users. With that said... you better get used to the mac culture because we will be running this country during your retirement and your gonna have no choice but to deal with us. I know I sound pissed and thats cause I am a little. It is an ignorant comment with no support. Those people on those boards are only a small amount of the users and if they dont feel like mentioning BB or other devices who really cares. But dont disrespect my generation (the iGen) because it is what it is. We are living in the craziest times with regards to technological advances and it is hard for many to keep up. Give us a chance, were not that bad dude.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #47
NEPatriot4life

Model: 8300
PIN: 2412EEE4
Carrier: AT T

Window or Mac ???? who care........all i do care is blackberry LOL

Energy for your life as you want to live it.

http://glareau.qhealthzone.com/

Last edited by NEPatriot4life; 12-25-2007 at 12:09 AM..
Old 12-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #48
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

PIN: 2434CB8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbnemail07 View Post
In response to the "mac culture" crap... i truly resent that because I have a mac and enjoy apple and many of their products. My macbook pro is amazing and so is my apple TV. As for phones i have the curve and couldn't be happier. They are not very compatible with macs yet (the desktop program lags from the windows counterpart) but with my mac i have windows as well as Mac OS X. I am also a college student so I am young like many mac users. With that said... you better get used to the mac culture because we will be running this country during your retirement and your gonna have no choice but to deal with us. I know I sound pissed and thats cause I am a little. It is an ignorant comment with no support. Those people on those boards are only a small amount of the users and if they dont feel like mentioning BB or other devices who really cares. But dont disrespect my generation (the iGen) because it is what it is. We are living in the craziest times with regards to technological advances and it is hard for many to keep up. Give us a chance, were not that bad dude.
iGen, and your iGen will be running the country...

Oh Pa leez...

You guys have zero footprint in the enterprise. You're strictly a consumer presence. You have an international share of just about 3%, and yet you still somehow think that because you sell more MP3 players than any other company that you are somehow the chosen ones who will run the world. It's just as I said it was. You guys tend to think you're leaders, and you're not. What you do lead in, doesn't really matter much either.

But what I find most disturbing about your cult is this. You seem to take pride in when the CEO of the company you love wins a market. Everything is us against everyone else. You want to win for the sake of winning, but never ask yourselves if it's actually a good thing.

Why would I want a closed company to win anything? I like that the BlackBerry has an open system anyone can write applications for. We got ToDoMatrix as a result of that, and it helps me do my job. RIM didn't say to me that the base applications were all I needed, and then deny my outside support the way Apple is doing with the iPhone. RIM didn't tell me that if I wanted this phone I had to pay full price, and buy a contract with no discount. Apple did.

The PC world didn't tell me I had to buy a machine from Dell, or HP, or Gateway. I can build my own just the way I want it so that it fits the job I have in mind for it.

Adobe writes software for the Mac and the PC. Microsoft does this as well. But does Apple? Just iTunes, and only because the vast majority of iPod owners are from the PC side. You barely have 25 million users, and the fact that you can sell 10 -20 million iPods per quarter shows that virtually 20% at best of iPod customers are Mac customers. The other 80% are PC users. Your beloved company enjoys is vast marketshare of iPod sales only because it opened the door to the real world, which is the PC market.

Apple is not a company to give God status to. You mac users always tend to call anyone who doesn't see it your way, ignorant. I happen to be one of Apple's core customer types. An editor, a DVD author, and a creative designer. You can look up my name on Amazon if you like, and you'll find that I wrote a book on DVD Studio Pro for CMP in 2005. I lead every forum on Creative Cow with regards to DVD authoring, and have about 20 posted articles there. I own OSXWORLD.COM, which I am gladly trying to sell off now, and not only moderate the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group, I am also the co-founder / vice president of the LA Avid Users Group, and the San Francisco Avid users group. I am directly named in the PR sheets for Magnet Media training of all Apple products. Believe me, the only ignorance here is yours.

A bunch of cult wanna-bee users do not equate to world leaders. Reading MacRumors and buying Apple products is not a world leading education. Want to know what is going on in the world, read The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and whatever paper happens to be in your city. Look at companies for what they offer, and evaluate them on their merits. Don't blindly follow a guy in jeans and a mock turtleneck just because he tells you he likes to make cool products. I like cool stuff too. But come on, the rest of us have a business to run, a client to satisfy, and future to build. That's not accomplished by running to the expo and cheering at no matter what Jobs says followed by the customarily parting of cash that goes with it.

-Alex Alexzander
Old 12-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #49
dooks88

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Alexzander View Post

Oh Pa leez...

You guys have zero footprint in the enterprise. You're strictly a consumer presence. You have an international share of just about 3%, and yet you still somehow think that because you sell more MP3 players than any other company that you are somehow the chosen ones who will run the world. It's just as I said it was. You guys tend to think you're leaders, and you're not. What you do lead in, doesn't really matter much either.

But what I find most disturbing about your cult is this. You seem to take pride in when the CEO of the company you love wins a market. Everything is us against everyone else. You want to win for the sake of winning, but never ask yourselves if it's actually a good thing.

Why would I want a closed company to win anything? I like that the BlackBerry has an open system anyone can write applications for. We got ToDoMatrix as a result of that, and it helps me do my job. RIM didn't say to me that the base applications were all I needed, and then deny my outside support the way Apple is doing with the iPhone. RIM didn't tell me that if I wanted this phone I had to pay full price, and buy a contract with no discount. Apple did.

The PC world didn't tell me I had to buy a machine from Dell, or HP, or Gateway. I can build my own just the way I want it so that it fits the job I have in mind for it.

Adobe writes software for the Mac and the PC. Microsoft does this as well. But does Apple? Just iTunes, and only because the vast majority of iPod owners are from the PC side. You barely have 25 million users, and the fact that you can sell 10 -20 million iPods per quarter shows that virtually 20% at best of iPod customers are Mac customers. The other 80% are PC users. Your beloved company enjoys is vast marketshare of iPod sales only because it opened the door to the real world, which is the PC market.

Apple is not a company to give God status to. You mac users always tend to call anyone who doesn't see it your way, ignorant. I happen to be one of Apple's core customer types. An editor, a DVD author, and a creative designer. You can look up my name on Amazon if you like, and you'll find that I wrote a book on DVD Studio Pro for CMP in 2005. I lead every forum on Creative Cow with regards to DVD authoring, and have about 20 posted articles there. I own OSXWORLD.COM, which I am gladly trying to sell off now, and not only moderate the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group, I am also the co-founder / vice president of the LA Avid Users Group, and the San Francisco Avid users group. I am directly named in the PR sheets for Magnet Media training of all Apple products. Believe me, the only ignorance here is yours.

A bunch of cult wanna-bee users do not equate to world leaders. Reading MacRumors and buying Apple products is not a world leading education. Want to know what is going on in the world, read The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and whatever paper happens to be in your city. Look at companies for what they offer, and evaluate them on their merits. Don't blindly follow a guy in jeans and a mock turtleneck just because he tells you he likes to make cool products. I like cool stuff too. But come on, the rest of us have a business to run, a client to satisfy, and future to build. That's not accomplished by running to the expo and cheering at no matter what Jobs says followed by the customarily parting of cash that goes with it.

-Alex Alexzander
you are very angry. i think you need a hug.

we are talking about phones and computers. this is not life or death. its a free world... buy what you want. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

i like mac computers. you dont. thats fine with me. I wont be writing countless paragraphs crying about it though.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #50
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

Perhaps because you can't write countless paragraphs at all. Not something to be proud of.

-Alex
Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 AM   #51
dooks88

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Perhaps because you can't write countless paragraphs at all. Not something to be proud of.

-Alex
You just lost the small bit of credibility you actually had.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #52
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

Coming from you, that means absolutely zero to me. Wow, some world leading skills there.

-Alex
Old 12-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #53
yester18
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Quote:

Oh Pa leez...

-Alex Alexzander

Alex very well said. Some people will be thick skinned about this issues and always say it's there Iway or no way.....

Again good write up Sir..
Old 12-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #54
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

Thank you!!

-Alex
Old 12-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #55
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:

You guys tend to think you're leaders, and you're not. What you do lead in, doesn't really matter much either.

-Alex Alexzander
With all due respect, Alex. With the first comment...as well as the rambling paragraph proclaiming how important and noteworthy you are...you are perilously close to appearing much more arrogant and elitist than either the poster you are lashing out at...or most of the Apple "fanboys" that you detest so.

A small amount of humility goes a long way towards true credibility.

Last edited by davistld01; 12-25-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 12-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #56
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I have to agree that Alex's comments made him sound just like what he is complaining about.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #57
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
Had an iPhone and now the Curve. Loved the iPhone but was unreliable as a email/sms/non-mms device. Like some people above thats more important to me then the "flashyness" of the iPhone. I do miss the web on the iPhone, nothing comes close. The web on the BB is just about useless to me. Never been a fan of mobile web surfing other then the iPhone. The other thing about the iPhone that I didnt like was all the steps it took to do something. Click, slide, phone, contacts, scroll, call.... When basically now i can just type the first two initals of someones name and hit send. A LOT easier.

If you want glits and flash and a fun toy get the iPhone if you want a reliable, serious device get the BB.

Also go test some out, talk to friends who have them and play with them. Check out thing like making a call with an iPhone, try the speakerphone, add a contact, add a apt to the calendar, etc, then try it on a BB. Thats the only way to tell. Plus with ATT you get to use it for a while and if you dont like it you can return it (though with the iPhone there may be a re-stocking fee, though im not sure) but check with them first just in case. I know with my Curve i had 30 days to decide if i liked it. I knew in about 2 days I was keeping it and havent looked back at the iPhone.

Was playing with my brothers iPhone again today and though i miss the web on it, thats just about all i miss (well visual voice mail was tight too, but rumor is most phones are going to be rolling out with that soon enough anyway)
I have had the exact same experience with my iPhone and now Curve.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #58
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Oh good Lord... I just read the posts above mine that I missed. Could somebody lock this thread? It's about to go way out of hand, which is very sad. It never fails that certain people have to ruin a decent conversation because they feel that their opinion is somehow more important that anyone else's. Certain members have also taken to personal attacks, which also needs to be moderated.

Very, very sad state of affairs, this thread, and very big egos some of us have.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #59
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

** Moved to Rants and Raves and CLOSED **
Closed Thread