Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
AaronMFeld

Model: passp
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Angry Digital River Nightmare

Please Login to Remove!

Has anybody else had a problem with Digital River cancelling their order for Passport for no reason whatsoever?

I ordered it, paid for it using paypal, and then they cancelled it. When I tried to re-order it, it was "out of stock" and I was blocked from ordering.

When I inquired by phone, I was at first put on infinite hold, and then cut off after waiting about 20 minutes.

Then I called back, and was treated to an incredible runaround. I spent the better part of an hour and a half on the phone, and spoke to Angel, then her supervisor Adrian, then his supervisor Christie, without being told what had really happened.

Finally, after a good hour and 15 minutes or so, I spoke with Brandon, another supervisor, who told me "the accounting department cancelled your order," I asked him why? He then told me that "they could not verify your email address or phone number." Wow, they could not verify my gmail address, which has my face and name plastered up there for the world to see?? They could not verify my phone number??? And PayPal paid them. They never called me to verify anything, they never emailed me anything to attempt to verify, they simply cancelled my fully paid for order. I told Brandon this was outrageous, and I checked with him to make sure they had my right phone number and right email address, and they did.

What really happened was that the digital river "accountants" did not bother to check anything, and cancelled my order. This was just lazy, inconsiderate, and just plain rude.

So, after explaining that they could do nothing, stating in essence that it was not digital river's fault, because "BlackBerry oversold the phone," to which I replied that digital river should own the fact that they made the mistake, and not BlackBerry, Brandon said he would make a last ditch effort to help me, and would get back to me by phone.

With "order fulfillment" like this, no wonder BlackBerry has had problems. This would be my first ever BlackBerry phone, as I've been on Android since my first smartphone purchase of the T-Mobile G-1. Am I going to re-order ever if this is not resolved? Will I ever switch to BlackBerry afterward? I doubt it highly. I gave them a chance, and all I have received in return is a dose of rudeness mixed with self justifying excuse making.

So, I'm waiting on the phone call. We will see...
Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Digital River Nightmare

digital river has a very poor review on many sites.

While sitting down, search for Digital River reviews
Old 12-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
hell
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BBPP
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SimpleMobile

I have personally worked with Digital River, development side of things though!

They are really professional. Can't complaint about that...
Old 12-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Web development does not tell how they will be with customers. Reviews are not good
Closed Thread