Old 07-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
robchow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default mobileGCAL - Google Calendar sync

Please Login to Remove!

An article at BerryReview.com show another app that supports sync with Google calendar. Here is the link.

Has anyone tried it?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Entropy666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91
Carrier: AT&T

I actually wrote that article on BerryReview.com. The software is actually quite good and I find that I like it much better than the mobile calendar feature provided by google. Check it out for yourself. I am sure you wont be disappointed
Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchow View Post
An article at BerryReview.com show another app that supports sync with Google calendar. Here is the link.

Has anyone tried it?
Here is the one and only major problem I have with that service. You can't show multiple calendars at once. I understand that's due to a limitation on the API and mobileGCAL can't do anything about it.

The user interface isn't exactly friendly (lots of clicks to get to where you need to go to edit or add an event), but I would overlook those if the first issue were remedied.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Here is the one and only major problem I have with that service. You can't show multiple calendars at once. I understand that's due to a limitation on the API and mobileGCAL can't do anything about it.

The user interface isn't exactly friendly (lots of clicks to get to where you need to go to edit or add an event), but I would overlook those if the first issue were remedied.
eww :( can you sync one at a time?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Just read this on the site provided (above).. this does not "sync" your calendar with your google one does it? It looks more like an app to "access" it..? anyone?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonexh View Post
Just read this on the site provided (above).. this does not "sync" your calendar with your google one does it? It looks more like an app to "access" it..? anyone?
Yes, it's a web-based way to access your Google calendar. It's much like the branded mobile interface Google recently released. In some ways, it's better than Google's interface; in others, Google's is better.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #7
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Yes, it's a web-based way to access your Google calendar. It's much like the branded mobile interface Google recently released. In some ways, it's better than Google's interface; in others, Google's is better.
Ahh, I was thinking it was a "sync" like the thread title I am looking for a working app that will sync the BB calendar w/ my google one.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: prick
Carrier: T-mobile

for being free.. Its better than whats out there now.. Good going! Whoever created it!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
nyyrules@gmail.com

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default Good Call!!!

Thanks Jim....

I've been looking for about a year 1/2 to find something that could use both ways from net to BB. Just upgraded to the 8830 bout 2 months ago now from a 7130BB, world looks a whole lot different. I don't use multi calendar option so thats not a prob for me, but between last night and tonight its worked without a prob (Lol -- just read all the instructions for settings -- oops missed the last one on that)

For what I do, yeah it works great. I tried the others and like most reviews -- yeah they just didn't work. Then!!! came across Jim's blog and figured what the hey. Within minutes it was 2 way synchin no prob, either from BB to Web or Web to BB. Really impressive... (BB high five)
Old 08-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #10
nyyrules@gmail.com

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default Mobilegcal Part II

Yup still a thumbs up..... If you have multi calendars in your reg gmail, mobile gcal sees them just the same. The view in reg gmail is one calendar multi colors for family/friends. Mobile product you have a list you can choose from and works just the same add/delete etc.

Apologize bout the length here,but a trick that works!!! from your reg BB calendar...

Mobilegcal does not (least that I tried) let you change the date, for example appointment slipped a day to the right, (i.e. Tue now vs an orig Mon time). Yeah u can change the time easy, but not the date. Soooooooooo

1) Create the appointment in your reg BB calendar
2) Send an invite to your gmail account and it will come up on your calendar
3) You can manage appt from your blackberry and mobilegcal at that point

Note -- If you have gmail to your bb it will cause a double entry on the BB calendar. Reason being your writing to the calendar twice. Keep in mind there's a web version and download of gmail that works fine, if you don't need the mailbox on ur BB. (I typically use a .mac account for mail and gmail only for calendar purposes)

Keep in mind there's no "bug free" program out there. Trick is use the product and manner thats best for you. I use the BB as my main calendar and laptop version of gmail (calendar) as backup. Its just quick/easier and always a hand length away.
Closed Thread