BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: How Long from reading the post to solving problem?
< 5 mins 6 18.75%
> 5 mins, < 30 mins 3 9.38%
> 30 mins 6 18.75%
Problem not solved 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
macemaster11

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Unhappy

Please Login to Remove!

i cant get this to work! :/
i did all the steps and nothing tends to make a difference
and everytime i get to the part where i have to enter the password it works but afterwards, it disconnects the phone?!

what am i doing wrong? please email me how to do this correctly as i dont want this phone to sit idle my email is:
m a c e m a s t e r 4 m e @ y a h o o . c o m
Old 09-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #22
nartac

Carrier: ATT

My problem seems to be different than most and I hope someone can shed some lights into this situation. My brother purchased an unlocked Suncom blackberry 8120 with 523 error on the screen. Since we don't know it's history or care for retaining contents on the phone, we used JL_Cmdr to wipe out the phone. This leads to error 507 which we wanted. We have installed Desktop Manager 4.6 and also Orange BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.75. During the install of software, this blackberry would load up softwares until net_rim_bb_options_app.cod and then installation would abruptly stopped and Desktop manager would indicate there is a fatal error that occured. The blackberry would boot up and shows the error 523 again.

I have tried going to edit platform.alx file under c:/program files/common files/Research In Motion/shared/loader files/8120-v4.5.0.52_P2.7.0.66 and deleted net_rim_bb_options_app.cod and retried again the above mentioned process but blackberry continued to stop at the next cod file and displayed same fatal error and error 523 on the BB.

I have tried taking out the battery, plug into usb and used the loader.exe under the apploader folder but same result occured.

Sorry for the long post but I just want to give detailed steps that I have tried and hope someone can shed some light to revive this phone.

thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #23
mherreman

Carrier: Proximus
Default Thanks also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam9999 View Post
Having spent the weekend researching the reasons for my Pearl's crash I have come to the conclusion that Error 523 is generated when a Java module crashes and remains active instead of terminating. In my case it was Mobipocket Reader that was the guilty party though it seems that other apps are capable of producing the same problem.

First the good news - YOU MAY NOT HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE OS.

Now the bad news, you need to use the command prompt and a piece of software called JavaLoader. First download jl_cmdr (posted below). Un-zip it and open the folder. Identify the file JavaLoader and copy it to the directory that comes up when you type 'command' into the 'run' utility available via the Start menu.

In the Dos-Prompt window (black screen that appeared when you typed 'command') type the following exactly as it appears below:

JavaLoader -USB DIR > DIR.TXT

Follow the screen prompts re passwords etc and, when finished, you will have a text file in the same directory as the JavaLoader app that lists all the modules on your BB.

Look through the list and the dates will identify the most likely culprit (probably the last module that was installed). Next type the following in the Dos-Prompt window:

JavaLoader -USB ERASE -F NAME-OF-MODULE-TO-BE-ERASED

If you are as fortuate as me then your little pal will spring back into life and you can reload the offending app.

Many thanks to all the other members of the forum whose posts got me working again - I hope that the summary above will provide a one-stop-shop for other suffers.
Worked for me too. thanks so much.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
aptrical

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

THANK YOU! This thread saved my butt. Got the 523 because of an MMS yesterday and it only took about 5 minutes to fix....
Closed Thread