Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default GMail or Live.com

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Fellow Blackberry Users.

In your experience, is GMail or Live.com faster at email on BIS?

My own experience is GMail is darn near instant. But I want to switch to Live.com, and when I try it, it seems hit and miss. Perhaps because I just added that account to my Blackberry and BIS is not used to it yet?

If anyone is using Live.com as a personal account with BIS, I'd love to hear from you your experience.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

gmail and yahoo are near instant,
everything else ISP accounts/hosted accounts including hotmail (live.com) go by the standard 15 minute poll interval.

thats the way it is.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
gmail and yahoo are near instant,
everything else ISP accounts/hosted accounts including hotmail (live.com) go by the standard 15 minute poll interval.

thats the way it is.
That explains it!

Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
margelef

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

I have had the same experience w/ Gmail being instant and Hotmail being delayed.

However, now when I got into the account settings on the BIS site, I see the following new option to switch to the Mobile Services Protocol by Microsoft:

"If you are using a Windows Livexxx8482; email account (for example, Windows Livexxx8482; Hotmail®), you might be able to change the protocol for your integrated email account from POP to the Mobile Services Protocol that is provided by Microsoft®.

The Mobile Services Protocol adds support for near real-time delivery of email messages and reconciliation of opened and unopened email messages from your BlackBerry® device to your email account. These features are not supported by POP.

The Mobile Services Protocol requires you to type your email account password again every 90 days. If you switch to this protocol, you will receive a message every 90 days reminding you to log in to your BlackBerry® Internet Service account to type your email account password.

If you switch to the Mobile Services Protocol, some actions will not be supported for email messages that are already on your device, including replying to and forwarding email messages and viewing attachments.

You cannot return to using POP after you switch to the Mobile Services Protocol."

Has anyone tried this? Looks like that option would allow for faster email support for Hotmail accounts.
Closed Thread