BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
Rob-In-Plano

Model: None
Default Blackberry Intermittently Freezing - HELP

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

Hope someone out there can assist me in resolving a stubborn problem that has surfaced with my Blackberry beginning last weekend.

A bit of preliminary information. 3 month old Blackberry 7250. Carrier is Sprint. Utilizing BES through a single hosted Exchange mailbox at ExchangeMyMail.com. Unlimited Blackberry Data plan and voice plan.

Last weekend, the Blackberry began to intermittently freeze up and become intermittently sluggish. It continues to act this way. I can be typing along and it just freezes up for about 8 to 10 seconds and then comes back alive to quickly fill in the text that I had been typing. Or it will intermittently freeze in any screen and not accept inputs from the scroll wheel, click or escape. Then, it just comes back alive. It will exhibit this behavior every few minutes of use.

I have not changed any settings before of after, nor have I added any applications. Really, I changed nothing or used it differently and it has started to act this way on me.

One final point. Since this started happening, I have noticed that data traffic to and from the Blackberry has seemingly doubled and my battery life has dropped about 30% to 40%. Just an observation, but the data flow arrow icons seem to be active all the time now. This is definitely new behavior. Tonight I did a quick test. I "Disable Radio" feature and no more freeze ups. I could write all my emails without the dreaded freeze and freely navigate the blackberry without the freeze ups. Of course, I have to re-enable the radio to send my messages, etc. and of course, he's freezing again and all that data is moving in and out.

Sorry this got to be so long. I am just frustrated and dread contacting Sprint. It seems like they never have anyone capable of supporting this device. If any of you have some ideas, I would appreciate your feedback.

Dave over at ExchangeMyMail suggested that they have heard of this occuring and in some of those cases, it required swapping out the entire device

Thanks Everyone . . . . . . . .
Rob-In-Plano
Old 03-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

You might start out with a Hot Re-boot (ALT+CAP+DEL), if that doesn't workn then Cold Re-Boot (battrey out, wait 15 - 30 secs, battery in). Finally if neither of these work, try reloading the OS. You may even have to wipe the device, but before doing the reload or wipe and reload, remember to do a backup, so you can restore your data afterwards.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Rankrom

Model: 7100t
Default Solution

Did you ever find a solution.. I am having the same exact issue..
Old 05-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

I had the same issue with my 7730 and t-mo replaced it three times and no solution.. finally RIM rtold me that most likely this is a problem with the data on the BB (address book and email.)
so they asked me to sync up the bb with my desktop and then reinstall the bb from scratch and delete everything on bb and then synch up from bb and DO NOT restore the backed-up file
Closed Thread