Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
cyclingone

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default PocketMac problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all...

When I use pocketmac with my 8100 nothing happens. I can browse my device, but can't upload any files (themes, music etc). It also won't do a sync.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Barry
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
manek

Model: 8310
PIN: 242D09F8
Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same problem syncing my BlackBerry 8310 Curve with PocketMac (version 4.0.20b). It hangs on me whenever I try to sync. Followed the steps in the manual as described, but does not seem to work. I try to only sync my Contacts, but this doesn't work either. I am running Mac OS X Leopard (Version 10.5.1).

I had Missing Sync installed before and this worked fine, until I removed it when the trial ended. So I tried out the "free" PocketMac and have not been able to sync since install.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I tried looking at the tutorials and PocketMac manual, but still no luck.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
auditman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C1DB50
Carrier: Mobilicity

i use the usb cable to sync my pearl w/ os 10.5 and the free pocketmac w/ no problem.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
nina k

Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditman View Post
i use the usb cable to sync my pearl w/ os 10.5 and the free pocketmac w/ no problem.
Can the pocketmac be used on the pearl8100?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

I've read that pocket mac can be used on 8100.
Rolo
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-sync-mac.html
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...sing-sync.html
Old 01-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
jericd

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Same issue when syncing BB running OSX Leopard via PocketMac

I have noticed several issues when it comes to sync issues related to BB and the latest Leopard OS. As I read a few threads, registered to post here, even posted on the Apple Website Forum group about similar sync issues, as I type, my BB is STILL on "syncing Tasks" and hasn't moved! That's going on 15 minutes here! Too much to write, but bottom line - there is definitely issues with PocketMac SW and an upgrade is needed soon. Most posts that I have read so far, are experiencing issues with Leopard, not older OSX versions.

In any case, I really do hope that RIM comes up with a patch soon. Not sure if they will be quick to respond because AT&T has signed an agreement with Apple, where they will begin to support Enterprise Networks, thus opening the doors for Apple's iPhone to enter into direct competition now with RIM's BB! I think RIM may be losing some loyal BB clients if they can't provide support to us users. I won't give up my Mac, that's for sure, so unless RIM wants to have PC-only users buying their stuff, they need to find a solution.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #7
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

jericd, thanks for the info and sadly enough this is exactly why I have never synced my bb to my imac or ibook. I do not have pocket mac or any other 3rd party application. Fortunately, my bb does what I need but I wish it was automatically compatible with my imac. But there are some people who have not had problems either so I am not sure where the problem lies when problems arise. And this was always the case prior to Leopards release in October 2008.

what apple website forum were you referring to? I'd like to join that one as well since I am an apple loyal customer. Can you send me a link?

Thanks,
Rolo

Last edited by Rolo1971; 01-29-2008 at 06:56 AM..
Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
gmichelson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

Hi ! I've been successfully syncing up 8100 and 8320 to Mac using Missing Sync. I had number of issues with PocketMac, one thing that is really odd - it used to work for me only on one select USB port on my MacBook. Once I upgraded (or cross-graded, switched to I think is a best term) to Missing Sync I've been enjoying relatively issue-free sync up experience.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
chaplain

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down Paid Pocketmac for Tech Support: No call back for service!

Thanks for your post jericd.

I am really miffed with my experience with the Pocketmac Corporation. After upgrading to Leopard and following all of the advice to get the latest Pocketmac v4.0.20b up and syncing(e.g. using "Clean Sync" program, re-installing Pocketmac, etc.) nothing has worked.

So after non-responsive from free Pocketmac email support, I thought they might respond to the almighty $$. I was terribly wrong. I paid $59.95 for their "blackberry 'pilot program' tech support." Unfortunately, it appears that they have never got the tech support plane off the runway.

They charged my card the $59.95, but never called/emailed me to set-up a tech support appointment. Moreover, they have no option to communicate with an in person representative from Pocketmac. I tried to cancel my request via email a day after no response (to the email they set-up for cancellation of service).

I am not excited to switch to Markspace Missing Sync for $39.95 either (although, this may be my best option if I want to stick with my coveted 8700). I used them 2 years ago for my Palm and syncing with my Mac/Missing Sync was terrible (often had duplicate entries that I spent hours deleting and trying to get straight!).

My T-Mo contract is coming-up in Aug. Apple I Phone here I come!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #10
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

My wife uses Markspace Missing Sync with her Pearl and it works like a charm. Nice integration with iPhoto and iTunes to. She's never had a problem.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
ngroce
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb-mike View Post
My wife uses Markspace Missing Sync with her Pearl and it works like a charm. Nice integration with iPhoto and iTunes to. She's never had a problem.
What is the price tag on Missing sync?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroce View Post
What is the price tag on Missing sync?
$39.95

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Synchronize Mac OS X and BlackBerry
Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #13
jericd

Model: 8830

All,

After playing around too much and wasting time with PocketMac, I ended up going with Missing Sync and that works much better. Still some very minor issues, such as when it comes to syncing Notes, but nothing where it "hangs" like PocketMac. Also annoying is the error messages that pop up, and one last thing...my wife and I have separate iCal Calendars (Home-Eric & Home-Kellie), and we subscribe to each other's calendars. I wish .Mac would allow sharing AND editing of a Group Calendar. Right now, the only option is to create a Group Calendar, which is read-only by others. What's the point if other users can't add/edit/delete events, much like Google's Calendar? That's a separate issue though. My last issue with Missing Sync centers around subscribed calendars or other users. What happens is Missing Sync will create a "clone" of the subscribed calendar, thus you end up having one that is editable by you, and the other still remains read-only. Hope I didn't confuse anyone, but bottom line is - you have TWO identical calendars EXCEPT one is updated by it's creator, and the other is editable but will NOT cross over to the other clone and apply changes. You end up having to delete out that "extra clone" calendar every time.

Any help on that is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

e
Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #14
JMac24

Model: 8120
PIN: 245C1D9
Carrier: TMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericd View Post
All,

After playing around too much and wasting time with PocketMac, I ended up going with Missing Sync and that works much better. Still some very minor issues, such as when it comes to syncing Notes, but nothing where it "hangs" like PocketMac. Also annoying is the error messages that pop up, and one last thing...my wife and I have separate iCal Calendars (Home-Eric & Home-Kellie), and we subscribe to each other's calendars. I wish .Mac would allow sharing AND editing of a Group Calendar. Right now, the only option is to create a Group Calendar, which is read-only by others. What's the point if other users can't add/edit/delete events, much like Google's Calendar? That's a separate issue though. My last issue with Missing Sync centers around subscribed calendars or other users. What happens is Missing Sync will create a "clone" of the subscribed calendar, thus you end up having one that is editable by you, and the other still remains read-only. Hope I didn't confuse anyone, but bottom line is - you have TWO identical calendars EXCEPT one is updated by it's creator, and the other is editable but will NOT cross over to the other clone and apply changes. You end up having to delete out that "extra clone" calendar every time.

Any help on that is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

e
I know its a missing sync question but.....
I just got my IMac. Love it, whole other thread. And my Pearl.8120 Wouldnt sync at first either but there is a patch avail for it, did you apply that? I wiped the program, reinstalled, installed the patch, started PM plugged in and golden.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
itechgirl

Model: 8330

Where did you get the patch from?
Old 06-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #16
theblotted

Carrier: Cingular

itechgirl, try the Driver Update here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...IdMZcZw08HWA**
Old 06-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #17
jbdeluxe

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblotted View Post
itechgirl, try the Driver Update here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...IdMZcZw08HWA**
The file is not listed. What is the "name" of it?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #18
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeluxe View Post
The file is not listed. What is the "name" of it?
PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg
Driver update to add support for high speed compatible BlackBerry smartphones.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
shinkonator

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att
Default Hanging on Synchronizing Tasks

Hey Jericd,

The problem that you described about the pocketmac hanging at sychrnoizing tasks is because the tasks in the blackberry that have due dates throws a wrench into the sync process; PocketMac seems to not go pass that point. (I waited about 5 minutes).

I looked around in the forums. It seems that part of the problem is that ical has more task fields than blackberry, mostly, but ical does not have times for due dates. So when there's a time on the blackberry-entered tasks...hang.

I'm contemplating whether to proceed here, since my use of tasks always had due dates... I can't say much about the other task syncing program except to say that they are better documented. I had to find out this above problem on my own.

www dot markspace dot com/missingsync_bb_issues.html
Closed Thread