Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #21
juice901
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgab
Recurring tasks do not work. The reminder only goes off for the first occurrence, but never again for subsequent occurrences.

If you set up a recurring appointment in your calender the reminder will work every day, every week day, whatever you need...at whatever time you specifiy. I have the same problem with the task program but the calender never fails me.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #22
juvesun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 25217811
Carrier: indosat

i am asking because i need plan to buy it,but i dont have it now
i better asking about the problem before buy,this is not small money for me

so if u dont try it better pass this question,maybe there is some one here beside u can help me .... i need this answer since i need yahoo mesenger to my bb8800.... that my point mr JSANDERS
Old 03-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #23
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvesun
hello guys i had interested to buy 8800 cingular, can u all help to found out what is the list problem for 8800 or bug for 8800 u ever found and the solution?
That's your homework to do by reading this and other forums covering the 8800.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Juvesun -- Please excuse my response, I did not read your first post that you were wanting to buy the 8800, only the later post about yahoo and the cnet review. No need to get snitty with me, just a suggestion to try it.

BTW, at your website, the proposed BB 8800 you are offering to sell does not have WiFi as you advertise.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #25
pgab
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Implore others to email RIM for core functionality fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice901
If you set up a recurring appointment in your calender the reminder will work every day, every week day, whatever you need...at whatever time you specifiy. I have the same problem with the task program but the calender never fails me.
Juice901, thanks for the tips. I have noticed that my calendar recurrences are working. However, Tasks and Calendar serve 2 very different functions for me. This really is not a workable solution for me. I know I may sound unreasonable, but it is a fact of how I must manage my time and productivity. More unreasonable than my expectations is the fact that RIM's products include features that flat out don't work.

I have been sending emails to [email address] requesting that the functionality included with the Tasks application be patched so that it actually functions.

There is also a bug in the way that times in Tasks sync with Outlook: http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...into-past.html

I implore that others send emails to RIM as well on this matter, in an effort to raise awareness that there are people who use Tasks and expect them to work. RIM does not believe that BB users are Task users. Their focus on messaging clearly has resulted in a fantastic messaging device. But if I had known from the start that core PDA type functionality was broken, I would have given more consideration to the MS products on the market.

(I really do like most everything else about my BB.)
Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #26
Loodias

Model: 8700c

I have two problems that really bother me.
I find anything having to do with accessing media like music and photos takes longer than expected. In fact the 8800 seems slower than my 8700.

When zooming photos they are pixelated. Only when you go to full zoom or past 80% of full zoom do the photos get fully rendered.

No album art for AAC files. This is a software issue not really a bug...
Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #27
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

the major problem i have seen when i bought one and returned was Lag... and my coworker who has one that ive setup for him also complains of the lag... personally i dont like the keyboard but that not a bug, just poor design, if they stuck a 8300 keyboard it would have been a much better device
Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #28
Fungineer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
Holy Cow -- I never knew that I could attach files from the compose menu. Thanks for the tip - this is a VERY helpful feature for me.
That's only a 4.1.x feature, and only if your BES/BIS supports it.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #29
H3LLFIRE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

The trackball has become a favorite of mine, but it does need to be refined a bit. When viewing web pages in Mobile View, movement of the trackball is rather unpredictable. Sometimes it moves click by click down the page, other times it throws you all the way to the bottom. I find the Desktop View to give better control with the pointer, but you're stuck having the search around the entire page to view all content.

I do wish the trackball gave more tactile feedback. The audible click option helps, but it just doesn't give the same visceral feel of a trackwheel. Maybe I'm simply missing my 8700. Hmm ... wouldn't it be great if RIM would put BOTH a pearl and a wheel on the 9XXX? Probably not possible. But I can dream.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #30
yunone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loodias
I have two problems that really bother me.
I find anything having to do with accessing media like music and photos takes longer than expected. In fact the 8800 seems slower than my 8700.

When zooming photos they are pixelated. Only when you go to full zoom or past 80% of full zoom do the photos get fully rendered.

No album art for AAC files. This is a software issue not really a bug...

have you tried changing your settings in options for pics? there is 3 levels of quality for images when browsing the web. low medium high. high takes longer to load and obviously low quality would be faster.

here is how you navigate to check

open browser, browser options, general properties, and you will see the selection there to change what image quality level you want
Old 03-15-2007, 03:31 AM   #31
kjaslow

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

I have Yahoo Messenger working on my 8800. If you're a Cingular customer, then you have to go through some gyrations to get it working, but it does work. On other carriers, it works out of the box. You can check out the software link from BlackBerry Discover BlackBerry to see the download for Yahoo Messenger for Blackberry, but as I mention, Cingular will block this and you have to do some workaround. Search this site for instructions on how to do it...
Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 AM   #32
kjaslow

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

Separating this post of two bugs that really irk me.

1. You cannot mute and unmute a call by pressing the mute button on the phone while the phone is in the holster. I used to be able to use my bluetooth headset, and holster the phone while in the car. Then, I could just mute and unmute by hitting the button on the phone, so that I don't have to mess with the fit of my bluetooth headset.

2. Is there no way to go to the home screen without confirmation while on a call?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #33
Sjjones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default old treo user

having had 600-650-700p treo got to say that the 8800 works great, love the track ball, NO resets, email works great.

very simple to set up and use.
Closed Thread