Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
pgab
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Task Recurrence not working on Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All! I cannot get task recurrence to work beyond the first occurrence.

I typically set up my tasks as follows:

Priority: Normal
Due: By Date
Reminder: Relative; 0 Minutes
Then set the recurrence frequency as needed.

I have set up some test occurrences and learned that if you dismiss the task, the due date remains the same. But, if I choose Mark Completed, the due date changes to the proceeding occurrence. However, the reminder never again goes off even thought the task is set to remind after marking the initial one complete.

Am doing something wrong? Defective phone?

If this is a software defect, how do I bring it to RIM's attention to get it fixed with an OS revision?

My current version is:
v.4.2.0.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41)

Thanks!! New User. Great Forum!

Also note: I keep my tasks non-syncing with my Outlook 2003 with BES. (My Outlook Desktop tasks are different than my mobile tasks)
Old 02-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
pgab
Thumbs Must Hurt

Does anyone successfully use recurring Task reminders? I have tried to set them up with "relative" reminder, and "by date." Either way, I get the reminder on the first occurrence only.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:36 AM   #3
ErnieH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Rogers

It's a while since I played with it but my conclusion after some experimentation was that recurrence doesn't work - at least not in a way that would be useful. Anyone else?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
pgab
Thumbs Must Hurt

It seems to me that it definitely should work. Otherwise, the functionality just doesn't make sense. Why would it be designed to be only a reference, for when you manually open the Task, to whether the Task is intended to be recurring. It just must be intended to trigger a daily reminder. I also found another issue. My 8100 was powered off for a few hours. Once turned on, only one of the 2 tasks that were to occur during that period popped up (Neither one of these were recurring tasks, so this is an independent problem). Incidentally, I really needed this reminder.

This all leads me to believe that the Tasks program is inherently very "buggy." Is this an issued with all BBs? How do I bring this issue to RIM's attention for patching?

Otherwise, it is a great device. But this is looking like a deal breaker because next to email, Tasks is the app that I want most.
Closed Thread