b3n_asian_freak
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisntfunny View Post
When I'm finally done with the 8100 version I'll release all my graphics and .thm files and everyone can mod this as they please.

Be warned though -- people might not understand my naming conventions or .psd files... However doing easy things like just changing a font in Theme Builder is about as easy as using Outlook.
Great, I'm waiting to increase the font size a little bit. Awesome work though.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #62
wu-wei

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Looks like someone has been dabbling in the CDK. Very nice. Plazmic's installer sure does put some interesting things on one's computer, if you know how to read.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #63
bneydgirl

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

When I downloaded this file (theme) it currupted my BB and I have to get a new one
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #64
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

I doubt that very much. Perhaps you should post the issues you're having and someone will be able to help.

It should be noted that this theme will not be compatible with an 8703e until (if) 4.2.1 is released for it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #65
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 23FDBBE4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedlinegirl View Post
I noticed that, using the 8300 Leopard Today theme, with the Y!Go and Google Maps applications, the menu gets "hidden"-- that is, it shows up for a split second, then disappears, but it's still active because I can scroll through it (the problem being, each time I move up and down the menu, the menu makes itself visible again only via the brief flicker before vanishing again).

Haven't noticed this occur with any other application on the BB, native or 3rd party... anyone else having this problem?

benisntfunny: would it be possible to fix this? (maybe for "version two"?)
I've noticed this too... I'm not sure how to fix it at this time... I'm also not all that interested in maintaining this theme. I'm going to release the "Today" version for the 8100 then release the source files on this.

Speaking of today versions... I'm going to throw it together right now and probably release it today.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #66
BCollins521

PIN: Ask...

Sounds good! So far I like it and it's great!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #67
bneydgirl

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Well the problem I had was as soon as I downloaded it (because I thought that the 8700 meant it worked for all 8700 series BBs) i got a message on the main screen 'Data abor... - RESET' I spent over 45 minutes with Verizon tech and tried to restore it with Desktop Manager but they said it was corrupted and are sending me a new phone.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #68
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Final updates added....
Old 08-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #69
b3n_asian_freak

Are you still going to release the graphic or .thm file?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #70
b3n_asian_freak

Just found it, thanks!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #71
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
Carrier: *

Screw those screenshots man. Post a vid if you really want to show you can do "something special". I'm sure the RIM nazis won't come banging on your door for releasing Sup3R L33T code for Zen themes with the ribbon on the bottom. :rolleyes:

BTW, get over the "I'm safeguarding RIM's work and watching their back". It's lame.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #72
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Say it loud!!

Who DOESN'T want to make money, raise their hand!

... Just what I thought
Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #73
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
Say it loud!!

Who DOESN'T want to make money, raise their hand!

... Just what I thought
Designing a theme takes a lot more than just being able to use a layout. Visuals and creativity are the biggest key components to making something people would actually consider spending money on.

Also of course we all want to make money, however, up until now I haven't felt like any of my themes warranted a price tag because they weren't nice enough.

Point is... while making money is nice - I like to be able to contribute free items to the theming community to get people inspired and raise the bar for what constitutes a theme worth paying for. I'm not bragging about anything I create but I found most themes for blackberry out there (and just about anything else that can be themed) to be very ugly. Even some of the stock themes for the Blackberry are embarassingly ugly. (O2 Theme maker I'm talking to you).

It's very unfortunate that there a lot of applications and devices out there that allow for different themes to be installed but the available themes are typically junk and look like they were thrown together in under an hour.

Until people move past the "I just changed the background picture and icon locations check out this new theme" mentallity showing new methods on how to create them is not going to hurt the pockets of a good theme developer.

Infact, a good theme developer shouldn't be overly concerned about this type of thing at all. To me the use of different templates is nice and opens up a few new options... but overall I find it mostly trivial and the least important part.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #74
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
BTW, get over the "I'm safeguarding RIM's work and watching their back". It's lame.
You're right, having respect for former coworkers is lame. Guess I'm pretty lame

Regarding on the 02 themes the comments I will say that the looks for carrier themes are mostly decided by the carriers, not the developers.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #75
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
Carrier: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
You're right, having respect for former coworkers is lame. Guess I'm pretty lame.
If you used to work for RIM and were trained in how to make these themes using "off market" templates then you're doing nothing new and inventive. Basically, you've discovered nothing new on your own here. So you're just showing everyone how good you thought you were at your old job with given tools.

It's called "insider knowledge" not "being inventive". Anyone who would have worked for RIM doing this could easily do the same things. What's special about that?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #76
Perfect Storm

As I've already said I've used nothing but what comes with theme builder. There is nothing insider here. Seriously, it's time for people to stop whining.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #77
Spencer_CDS

PIN: 23F25F08
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
So by your logic source code for every application developed in a free text editor should be made available to the public? I guess virtually every software company is childish!

RIM sells themes to carriers, and for big bucks. Were I to publicly disclose how to use theme builder to make completely custom themes, I would be damaging this. You can whine and criticize all you want, I'm not going to do it.

The point here is to prove the people who say theme builder is too limited wrong.
I think the point trying to be made here is that, without the tools and knowledge you have (which I would imagine is quite proprietary) of creating such amazing themes as this, then yes, it is somewhat limited. We cannot create Zen themes with icons across the bottom, we cannot create custom icons for third-party applications, and we cannot create widgets such as you have that display statistics such as weather, news, etc. Don't get me wrong, now, I'm not picking sides here, as I believe each side has its own valid point of view, I'm simply stating that I understand where you all are coming from.

4.2.1.108 / 2.3.0.85

Last edited by Spencer_CDS; 08-16-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Old 08-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #78
iamxp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisntfunny View Post
Added an OTA link for 8700..... I hope? I'm not sure how it will work.... Let me know!

anyone knows how to move icons from left to bottom as verizon or t-mobile thems on 8800? i made some themes by palzmic but icons of all theme i made is on left. i wanna to move it to bottom. how can i do it? pls anyone help.tks
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #79
BCollins521

PIN: Ask...

With Plazmic you can't move the icons to the bottom...least not that anybody here know. You can only use the templates that are provided and those are the Today, Zen, and Icon
Old 08-17-2007, 08:05 PM   #80
SERB__DVB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 204FDD66

Awesome themes,great work!!!

How can i download this theme i have B/B 8100 and i using Desktop Manager SP2 4.2.2.14 and i have problem downloading is asking mi for Applications Loader Files (*.alx, .ali)

I need help bro

Thnx !!!!

Closed Thread