Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default Google Voice on Sprint questions

Please Login to Remove!

Just got rid of my google voice number and integrated my Sprint number into Google Voice. Few questions.....

1. Do I need to use the app anymore? I could never find Sprint Visual VM on my 9650(has latest 6.0) or I would have liked to have tried it. Battery life was suffering when I used Google Voice app before (even with brand new device and battery).

2. Why can't you delete a voicemail from the phone menu? You can only archive it?

3. How do you turn off the text messaging in my Google Voice inbox? I don't want to have to clear those out every time I log in.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Google Voice on Sprint questions

Anyone?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
Just got rid of my google voice number and integrated my Sprint number into Google Voice. Few questions.....

1. Do I need to use the app anymore? I could never find Sprint Visual VM on my 9650(has latest 6.0) or I would have liked to have tried it. Battery life was suffering when I used Google Voice app before (even with brand new device and battery).

I cannot find any reference to Sprint having Visual voice mail. I would call the carrier.

2. Why can't you delete a voicemail from the phone menu? You can only archive it?

Are you taking about deleting a VM message. If so most VM systems allow deletion . Example i hit the 7 key to delete a message when inside the VM box. If you mean you want to simply delete a message and have it go back and delete the VM message, I doubt that will work on any system.

3. How do you turn off the text messaging in my Google Voice inbox? I don't want to have to clear those out every time I log in.

If it is the primary number on the service I doubt you can. I could not find a method.

Thanks.

Not much help but maybe someone else will respond.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

You can't find any reference? Google Sprint Visual Voicemail. They have it but I can't figure out why it's not on my 9650. I saw it last night on a buddy's 9670 so I know it works.

Also, for the VM question I am talking about hitting the 7 key to delete it. In GV it only archives it...you then have to log into the website to delete it.

Last edited by yahtzee; 05-04-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

With AT&T, I had to call them and ask that visual voice mail be provisioned on my phone. It was not automatic or something that came with the phone. In fact at the time, it was only available to certain BB phones but not all.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
You can't find any reference? Google Sprint Visual Voicemail. They have it but I can't figure out why it's not on my 9650. I saw it last night on a buddy's 9670 so I know it works.
Take a look at this over at CB and maybe it will help or give you insight....
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks but no help. Can't believe there is no way to delete a voicemail on the phone and no way to turn off the text records within GV.
Closed Thread