Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
DonFL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default Opera Mini Login/Password Question

Please Login to Remove!

I can't seem to find an answer to this question on the opera mini site, and I think it is a pretty simple question.

I've started using Opera Mini after trying it, and not really liking it. However, one thing that it did do, is work better with AOL and getting my mail from my blackberry--the BB browser made the AOL mail text microscopic. (I know, I know, it's AOL..but its the e-mail address I've had forever..).

Anyway, the Opera Mini question. When I go to enter user name and password, it sends me to what is a text entry page, i enter the user name, and then do the same again for the password. Is this standard operation for the Mini browser? Is there a way to just enter the password direct on the web page?

Otherwise, with a little time, and patience, I think I might actually become an Opera convert..
Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
AllanRosen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

With opera mini, you enter your name and password in a separate text entry box. Generally I find that opera mini is superior to the native browser- so I suggest just getting use to the separate text entry box.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
bbckm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted

Opera mini has 2 settings. One shows you the website like your computer, one shows an easier to read version. Change your setting inside opera mini to the phone setting and you'll be able to read the font. You will still have to "select" the text entry boxes though.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
DonFL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbckm View Post
Wirelessly posted

Opera mini has 2 settings. One shows you the website like your computer, one shows an easier to read version. Change your setting inside opera mini to the phone setting and you'll be able to read the font. You will still have to "select" the text entry boxes though.
Text on the Opera is fine, the BB native browser, with AOL, is the problem.

The text entry for passwords is definitely different, but something I can work with.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
sch911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

AOL allows IMAP acces to your email. If you have a BB data plan you can get your email the Blackberry way, and don't have to deal with the browser access......
Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
DonFL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch911 View Post
AOL allows IMAP acces to your email. If you have a BB data plan you can get your email the Blackberry way, and don't have to deal with the browser access......
Never thought of that..thanks for the suggestion...definitely need to try it.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
DonFL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch911 View Post
So I set it up, and was impressed by how ridiculously easy it was. However, even though I show two mail icons (one for my BB BES work mail that syncs with Outlook), and AOL, I am seeing AOL messages show up on the Outlook mail list.

My assumption is I should be able to keep them completely separate...is that correct?

I have a standard AT&T BB data plan..none of the additional data allowance for tethering..am I correct to assume the AOL still falls into the data plan bucket?
Closed Thread