Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #401
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hi Ani I just noticed something rather funny today
i saw this happening with an earlier release - i had some forum updates showing up with a cheerier tone than usual.

the "Show Smileys" option in the Advanced Options menu was added before i could confirm and report the "bug". deselecting that option should prevent the format confusion.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #402
Jukas

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I skimmed the last 2 or 3 pages and didn't see any mention of it. Is Folder support still being held for a future release or am I blind?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #403
RichP
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

This happens to me with some emails too.

Can the "smiley" code be changed to check for spaces before and after the smiley character sets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hi Ani I just noticed something rather funny today when getting my AA flight notification using Empower it turned this line:

Arriving: Burbank, CA

Departure Time: 6:55 PM Gate Now:D38

The ":D38" into a Smiley icon 38 :D 38

Not a bug but it goes to show what direct interpratation does to emails
Old 07-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #404
ani

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
This happens to me with some emails too.

Can the "smiley" code be changed to check for spaces before and after the smiley character sets?
Yes, the code can be changed. But then many people write like this 'Hi Mike' !

Actually, its all contextual. Its something that a person types out of his volition, and I guess its difficult for any code to perfectly guess what he wants to say/write. Different people, different writing smiles. That said, even checking for space only after the smiley will cause the ones like the one at the end of this line to slip through !

Ani.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #405
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

my friend registered her copy of empower and had her BB crash. But she didn't have 2.0 (she had 1.1) when she registered. My other friend and I have had no problems, but we have 2.0. Are there any programs that have been found to crash when working together with empower? Could it be a issue of versions?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #406
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk1 View Post
my friend registered her copy of empower and had her BB crash. But she didn't have 2.0 (she had 1.1) when she registered. My other friend and I have had no problems, but we have 2.0. Are there any programs that have been found to crash when working together with empower? Could it be a issue of versions?
Hmm! Seems like an issue of version (though still reported the first time).
Please try upgrading to 2.0 and see how it goes..

Ani.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #407
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

OK, I apologize if this has already been reported. I am on a BES server and I get appointments all the time which I need to accept. I normally do it on my desk computer but on occasion do it on my BB. I am on the latest Empower HTML reader and I got one tonight and noticed that "Accept Appointment" and "Accept Appointment with Comments" was not a selection with Empower HTML Viewer? Is this something with me or has someone else noticed this?

Tony
Old 07-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #408
tkpeterson12

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Ani,

I got my license and registered my version of Empower Mail Viewer. I then exchanged my phone for a new one due to dust on the screen. It will no longer let me use my license to register.

Am I going to need to pay for it now or am I simply missing something obvious
Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #409
toddz

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Yes, the code can be changed. But then many people write like this 'Hi Mike' !

Actually, its all contextual. Its something that a person types out of his volition, and I guess its difficult for any code to perfectly guess what he wants to say/write. Different people, different writing smiles. That said, even checking for space only after the smiley will cause the ones like the one at the end of this line to slip through !

Ani.
It would seem to me like AA is the one that has it wrong. Usually when you have a sentence in need of a colon, there is a space after it with the next item. I would have thought the AA email would have used the following format. Which would not have converted to a smiley.

Gate: D38

toddz
Old 07-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #410
toddz

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default EMV 2.0 Desktop Install Issue

Ani,

This is issue falls into the minor bug category and I have no idea why it happens but maybe you can figure it out.

When EMV 2.0 is installed from the desktop using the Application Loader Wizard, the EmpowerMailViewer.alx file loads Empower Mail Viewer into the list of Application Names and the action is install. Completing the wizard will install EmpowerMailViewer.cod and EmpowerMailViewer-1.cod correctly and the program works just file. However, the next time that I go to install another applicaiton from the desktop, the Application Loader Wizard lists Empower Mail Viewer with the action being update. Highlighting Empower Mail Viewer, clicking the Details button and then the Modules tab in the properties window shows that EmpowerMailViewer.cod is installed but EmpowerMailViewer-1.cod is not installed. If you go into javaloader and perform a dir -s command, you will see that they are both there with correct version and size. Very odd but I thought I should let you know.

toddz
Old 07-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #411
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish
Default Background Stripes on BES mail

On BES sourced email, I have a series of yellow diagonal stripes runnign across the background. I thought that occurred when I installed Empower but maybe not. I uninstalled Empower but the stripes are still there. Does anyone know if that is a normal "feature" of Blackberry, or is it Empower related?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #412
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5 View Post
On BES sourced email, I have a series of yellow diagonal stripes runnign across the background. I thought that occurred when I installed Empower but maybe not. I uninstalled Empower but the stripes are still there. Does anyone know if that is a normal "feature" of Blackberry, or is it Empower related?
Never mind, I need to learn to use the Search function first.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #413
ani

Quote:
Mako5 - Empower does not add any yellow diagonal stripes! Yes, we do have a concept of background patterns, and these are the ones that you can choose. Like clouds, marble etc.

These background patterns can be choosen (and turned off) under Empower options.

Thanks
Ani.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #414
trevor1189

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Quote:
Never mind. I need to learn to use the Search function first.
Quote:
Never mind, I need to learn to use the Search function first.
You also need to learn how to use the edit button. If you need to add or change something and you just posted, click edit rather than new post.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #415
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

I just saw that licenses have gone out. I signed up real early but never got an email. Are there still some to go out??
Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #416
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by livspop View Post
I just saw that licenses have gone out. I signed up real early but never got an email. Are there still some to go out??
Yes, licenses have been done. If you have not received your license pls check -

1. That you have checked each of your email ids if you have more than one.
2. Please do check your Bulk/Spam folders. Your service provider may have filtered it there.

If the above 2 doesn't help its very likely you missed the mark.

Ani.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #417
cellguy

PIN: 25F09CFD

I assume I should be able to see attachments with this?? Whenever someone sends me an attach (ie. a .JPG) I can't see it to open it. If I flip to text I can see it.

Still happening. Anyone else having this problem?

Weird.

Last edited by cellguy; 07-17-2007 at 07:50 PM..
Old 07-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #418
mikeruoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am having an issue where the Auto more does not seem to work. I have to bring up the menu and say more to get it to load the rest of the email. It is set to Auto more in Empower and in the BB options for messaging. Any ideas?? Really bugs me.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #419
athenslb57
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Yes, licenses have been done. If you have not received your license pls check -

1. That you have checked each of your email ids if you have more than one.
2. Please do check your Bulk/Spam folders. Your service provider may have filtered it there.

If the above 2 doesn't help its very likely you missed the mark.

Ani.
I signed up the first week of the beta and never received a license as promised.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #420
penk

Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Wirelessly posted (penkberry: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The email with included Activations code wasn't descriptive in its subject.

Look for the Empower 2.0 announcement.

Nothing fancy in that email, and the two numeric activation keys and key app link are halfway through.

I'd actually deleted the email from my 'berry, then had to retrieve it from my gmail trash bin.

I'd also recommend using JLCommander to take a screenshot of the browser page once you've completed the activation code generation.

Ani, haven't said this yet: "Thanks!"
Closed Thread