BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
cowgirl05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Bold & Bluetooth headset issues?

Please Login to Remove!

I love my BoldBerry, but I don't seem to be able to find a bluetooth headset that works well with it. I've had a motorola, a Platronics, and now another motorola. Ok, the platronics came off of ebay, but it still was suppose to be a good model. I can hear fine with them, but the people that call me can't seem to hear me well with them. They are charged, they pair fine, so I'm just asking, is anyone else having a problem with bluetooth headsets and the Bold? I don't think it's my phone, but thought I should at least see if anyone else has the same problem before I buy yet another headset.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Bustopher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 325906f8
Carrier: Verizon

I haven't had any Bluetooth issues with mine. I'm using the Jawbone Prime with my 9650. It could perhaps be the headset itself - was it brand new when you bought it on EBay?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
cowgirl05
Thumbs Must Hurt

<Hands over face, peeking through fingers, head hung down...........>
I THOUGHT it was when I bought it, but yesterday I saw the owners manual again, it said reconditioned and 3 month warranty, so I'm hoping that was the issue. It was the Discovery 925, and I really liked it, till no one could hear me. I use a headset a lot to return calls on my way home from work, and the Discovery just all of a sudden, no one could hear me. So I stopped at Wal-Mart and got another Motorola, it didn't work, took it back, got another one that mostly seems to work except last night on the way home my sister was complaining of a lot of static. When I transferred the call to the BoldBerry itself, it was fine. My Aunt has always complained of static with this Motorola. I don't want to use a wired headset as when I did that with my Palm Centro, it blew a speaker. So I really want to find a bluetooth. Someone mentioned maybe it's my phone as I've been using bluetooth headsets for a while now, so thought I should at least ASK if anyone else was having issues.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
Bustopher
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 325906f8

Hmmmmm, sounds like it could possibly be ? related and not the headset(s). How's the quality when you use the wired headset? Also (and please take no offense to this), but is the phone and headset "in plain sight" when you use them or is your phone in your purse/backpack, etc.? I actually noticed that if my phone is on my right-hand side on my waist, and the bluetooth is in my left ear, the reception gets "staticy"...so I'm guessing it could be a line of sight thing as well. Have you taken it to your provider and had them look at it?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
hmfoster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon

Hi, I have tried the blueant q1, very poor volume. Bought the jawbone icon and it is super. Great volume and everyone on the other end was pleased. Also it is A2dp compatible. Works well up to a good 30 ft from the phone. Highly recommend it
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
cowgirl05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I'm afraid to try a wired headset. The last time I used one was on my Centro. Worked fine, got to the arena with my horse, unplugged it (I used to use wired as it saved the battery life) and had no speaker. I could hear, but when I got ready to haul home, no one could hear me, even if I put the headset back in. Luckily text message worked. So haven't tried wired on the BoldBerry. I did transfer the call to the BoldBerry handset & they could hear me fine. I was in the car, rolled window up, headset in right ear, and put phone in little slot in console on my right side, it was maybe a couple feet almost straight below headset, then tried putting BoldBerry on dash board, no better.
No, I never thought to take it to the Sprint Store! Duh, it works so perfectly in every other way that I just figured either A) it was a weakness in the phone model, since everything else the phone does, it does perfect (except for that weird thing with voicemail solved by youmail) or B) re-conditioned Platronics headsets good for 3 month last, 3 months. I swear I thought it was new when I bought it! C) Wal-Mart Motorola headset might be the problem. Though the first headset I ever got was a Platronics I got from Wal-mart & it lasted through more than one phone model change till it finally wore out.
I usually wear the phone on my right hip, in it's little BoldBerry case, and have the headset in my right ear.
Doing a search for headsets folks have had success with, I ordered a Platronic Discovery 925, same as the reconditioned, as it was comfy, but this time, new from Amazon. If it doesn't work, it's going back for the Jawbone Prime or Icon. Maybe they just do better with BoldBerrys, but since some of the other BlackBerrys had worked well with Platronics, and it was comfy thought I'd see if my first one was a lemon.
Thanks SO much! There is so much I really like about this phone, I just need to be able to use it on the drive, and since it's my first BB, I'm trying to learn & fill in my knowledge gaps. ;)
Old 09-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

Jawbone ICON
Old 09-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I had a plantronics a few years back, and I just didn't like it. Felt uncomfortable and the quality was not that well.

I have had the JawBone 1/2 and they have both been great. However expensive.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
cowgirl05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: Bold & Bluetooth headset issues?

Well, it's been 3 months now since I got a NEW off Amazon Platronics and I'm thinking Bustopher hit the nail on the head. The one I got off of ebay was the problem. The brand new platronics has been great. No problems. Don't know why the motorola ones that were brand new didn't work well with the BoldBerry, but this one is still working great. So I guess I would say Plantronics will play nice with the BoldBerry. I'm just posting this in case anyone else is looking for Bluetooth headsets that will play nice with their BlackBerry. Just watch where you get them, that's where I went wrong.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #10
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 007
Default Re: Bold & Bluetooth headset issues?

I have two different ones and have had no trouble with either one, Plantonics 510 and Motorola S9 HD.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread