BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
ae1m
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default App Loader keeps telling me to install upgrade, already done!

Please Login to Remove!

I had this issue with 4.7. I installed OS 5 today, but the DM keeps telling me I have updates and the App Loader insists on installing 5.0 again. I would like to use the App Loader to delete the new visual VM, but dont want to reinstall 5.0 again!

Any solution to this? Searching didnt help.

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
piloso

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Boostmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae1m View Post
I had this issue with 4.7. I installed OS 5 today, but the DM keeps telling me I have updates and the App Loader insists on installing 5.0 again. I would like to use the App Loader to delete the new visual VM, but dont want to reinstall 5.0 again!

Any solution to this? Searching didnt help.

Bob
Delete it from your pc, go to your pc control panel and uninstall the update from there.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
ae1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloso View Post
Delete it from your pc, go to your pc control panel and uninstall the update from there.
Cant find the BB OS Update anywhere in the add/remove CP.

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

It should be something like
Blackberry DEVICE software for .... blah blah blah.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\............

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
ae1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\............
OK, maybe I am not clear or mistaken. I successfully upgraded to OS 5 today from 4.7. Here is a screenshot when I start the desktop manager, it thinks I still need to update to 5.0.0 Core Applications.

I hit CANCEL

Here is what comes up when I launch the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager:

Maybe I just want to delete Visual Voicemail or something, it looks like it will update the 5.0.0 Core Apps again!

1) Am I reading this right?
2) Is it normal, if not, how to fix!

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
piloso

You have that update installed in your pc, remove it from your pc or else you'll be getting that update warning.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
ae1m

Quote:
You have that update installed in your pc, remove it from your pc or else you'll be getting that update warning.
Thanks.

Where (specifically please) is it and how should it be deleted, just DELETE or add/remove CP? I cant find it.

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
piloso

In add/remove...you should see it there, "blackberry Sofware 5.0" it should say something like, select it and hit uninstall.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
ae1m

Quote:
In add/remove...you should see it there, "blackberry Sofware 5.0" it should say something like, select it and hit uninstall.
Where, I see the Desktop Manager only.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
piloso

Then it could be the Blackberry Media Sync that's giving you that warning...delete that and see what happens.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
ae1m

Quote:
Then it could be the Blackberry Media Sync that's giving you that warning...delete that and see what happens.
Thanks, I do use Media Sync with my podcasts.

I appreciate your help, but I'd rather not start deleting stuff without a bit more evidence. What does media sync have to do with 5.0 core apps? I am only a 1 month user of BB, so maybe I missed something.

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #13
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Then the device software isnt loaded on the PC, desktop manager is searching the internet for the OS for your device AND carrier.

Generally this warning happens for lots of devices, for different softwore.
More often than not, it does really do anything even if you go through the process of updating it.
Nothing bad will happen if you uncheck visual voicemail and let it continue.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Tulipancito

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Aaargh! I am having this same problem. I am a new BB user. I have had my Storm for about a week and have installed the 5.0.0 core applications update at least 3 times now.

Quote:
Then the device software isnt loaded on the PC, desktop manager is searching the internet for the OS for your device AND carrier.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How do I download the device software to my PC?

I think that the application update did in fact install on my device because under Options-->About, it says I am running v5.0.0.328. I just don't think it's installed _successfully_.

Quote:
Generally this warning happens for lots of devices, for different softwore.
More often than not, it does really do anything even if you go through the process of updating it.
Nothing bad will happen if you uncheck visual voicemail and let it continue.
Um, no, I don't want to just live with this problem. It's annoying to get the message every time I connect to desktop manager.

My co-worker has had a 9530 for a year, and has made the 5.0.0 core applications update without any problems. We've conducted some experiments to identify the source of the problem. It looks like the problem is somehow related to my version of DM, or how it's installed on my phone. Maybe you all can help by seeing what we did:

First, we connected her phone to my pc, which is operating DM v5.0. When we turned on my DM when her phone was connected, the Core applications 5.0.0 update notice came up.

Then, we went back to her pc, which has DM v4.7 When she turned on DM when her phone was connected, no update notice came up.

Then, we disconnected her phone and connected mine. Sure enough, the update notice appeared!

One more thing: My BB will no longer charge if I try and use the wall charger or vehicle charger. It will only charge if it's connected to my PC! Can these things possibly be related to my faulty 5.0.0 Core apps upgrade?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
djice

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask me.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipancito View Post
Aaargh! I am having this same problem. I am a new BB user. I have had my Storm for about a week and have installed the 5.0.0 core applications update at least 3 times now.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How do I download the device software to my PC?

I think that the application update did in fact install on my device because under Options-->About, it says I am running v5.0.0.328. I just don't think it's installed _successfully_.

Um, no, I don't want to just live with this problem. It's annoying to get the message every time I connect to desktop manager.

My co-worker has had a 9530 for a year, and has made the 5.0.0 core applications update without any problems. We've conducted some experiments to identify the source of the problem. It looks like the problem is somehow related to my version of DM, or how it's installed on my phone. Maybe you all can help by seeing what we did:

First, we connected her phone to my pc, which is operating DM v5.0. When we turned on my DM when her phone was connected, the Core applications 5.0.0 update notice came up.

Then, we went back to her pc, which has DM v4.7 When she turned on DM when her phone was connected, no update notice came up.

Then, we disconnected her phone and connected mine. Sure enough, the update notice appeared!

One more thing: My BB will no longer charge if I try and use the wall charger or vehicle charger. It will only charge if it's connected to my PC! Can these things possibly be related to my faulty 5.0.0 Core apps upgrade?

I was having that issue with 4.7 that will not allow me to fully charge my phone from my car charger, Once I updated to 5.0 it is working fine. Might be an issue with your handheld device. I would try to backup your stuff rewipe the phone and see if that helps. If you don't choose to do this, thats cool I can understand that doing all this is really a pain in the rear. Good Luck!
Closed Thread