BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
gooseberry

Model: 7100V
Carrier: vodafone
Post Blank emails being sent from the blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

i am running BES 4.1.2 on exchange 2003. i am having a problem with just one user who has got a vodafone 7230 blackberry. when she sends any emails outside off our organisation they are recived by the recipient but they are blank, any idea's why this is happening to only this user. i have swapped devices, still same problem.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon

You try removing the user and their state DB and then re-adding them?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseberry
i am running BES 4.1.2 on exchange 2003. i am having a problem with just one user who has got a vodafone 7230 blackberry. when she sends any emails outside off our organisation they are recived by the recipient but they are blank, any idea's why this is happening to only this user. i have swapped devices, still same problem.
Is the user replying to an email or is he creating a new message?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
jpl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Red face

Yes, I was wondering the same thing myself. We are on BES 4.1.2 as well and I'm finding that this is happening with more and more Cingular folks. it started out as a couple of people but now I have nearly a dozen experiencing the same thing. I'm trying to get logs for the folks complaining but they can't give me the specific instances for me to send the logs to RIM. It seems as if its people replying to messages for us but I'm still trying to confirm. Any help here would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl
Yes, I was wondering the same thing myself. We are on BES 4.1.2 as well and I'm finding that this is happening with more and more Cingular folks. it started out as a couple of people but now I have nearly a dozen experiencing the same thing. I'm trying to get logs for the folks complaining but they can't give me the specific instances for me to send the logs to RIM. It seems as if its people replying to messages for us but I'm still trying to confirm. Any help here would be appreciated.
We ran into the problem where messages being blank when replying to a message from a BlackBerry. For us this only happened when the sender was using Gmail and one other domain. We were using BES 4.1.1 Domino.

The problem we found was our email archiving system were modifying the inbound messages and changing the body from text/html to tkmime attachments (not real attachment but refference). When replying to the message from BlackBerry it message would be blank in user sent folder and Gmail. As a test we took our email archiving system out of the loop and everything works fine.

BES 4.1.2 sorta fixed the problem for us. The messages now goes with body text as well as file attachments.

The moral of the story is verify is it a new message/reply/forward. If reply/forward check for anything that could modify the message between the SMTP and mail servers.
Closed Thread