BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #41
richieg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

That was the european rate, FEDEX was higher!

There was only 4 dollars in the difference

Last edited by richieg; 12-31-2006 at 05:10 AM..
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #42
Bu11d0z3r
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mob
Default Seidio Fan

I just got my new desktop charger and I love it! It's one of the greatest Pearl accessories to date... I've read other posts of people bashing Seidio... Not me. Very useful products at reasonable prices.

just my $.02
Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #43
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Got mine too. Good materials, seems well made. Could stand to have a little more ballast (weight in the bottom), but it works. Grips the Pearl nicely and charges fine. Much better than having loose power cords laying around.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #44
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

A quick question about this charger for David at Seidio or anyone who has already tried it out...

Can I use the travel charger with the desktop cradle (i.e., using an electrical outlet), and at the same time use a USB cable from the Pearl's data port to the computer to sync while it is in the cradle?

In other words, do I have to take the Pearl off of the cradle to sync it? I'm concerned that there will be two power sources going to the Pearl, both from the gold contacts on the back and from the USB cable connected to my computer.

I would like to be able to sync the Pearl while it is still sitting in the stand.

Is this possible?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #45
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

The cradle only provides a power connection to the Pearl.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #46
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
The cradle only provides a power connection to the Pearl.
I understand that, but you could connect a separate sync cable between the Pearl's USB port and your computer. The cradle only charges from the two contacts on the back.

What's the use of a desk cradle if you have to take the pearl out and lay it horizontally on the desk while you sync?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #47
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8UB4
I understand that, but you could connect a separate sync cable between the Pearl's USB port and your computer. The cradle only charges from the two contacts on the back.

What's the use of a desk cradle if you have to take the pearl out and lay it horizontally on the desk while you sync?
This would probably work, but kind of defeats the value of the cradle. I switched to BT sync and wonder now what took me so long.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #48
PaulQ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Is it OK to leave the cradle plugged in all the time? It only takes 2-3 hours to charge. Can I leave the thing plugged in and sitting there without any issues?

<><><><><><><><><><><><> Life after Pearl is Curved... then there's a STORM!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #49
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ
Is it OK to leave the cradle plugged in all the time? It only takes 2-3 hours to charge. Can I leave the thing plugged in and sitting there without any issues?
I can't think of any reason why not.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #50
PaulQ

Default Great product!

I have my new Seidio desktop cradle and I am impressed. The quality is excellent and the fit is tight. You don't really "drop" your phone in, it takes a good push but it's nice that it fits so well. (note: I am referring to using it with a rubberized case on the BB)

I have knocked Seidio on their price for the rubberized case. I still stand by that assertion - way too expensive. This cradle, with the 15% discount, is worth the money. I recommend it if you would like the convenience of a cradle. Solid product.

-----

Suggestion >> There is no indication ON THE CRADLE when you lock the BB in that the connection has been made and it's charging. The screen doesn't light up and there is no LED change on the cradle. The light on the AC adapter does change. It would be nice to have some kind of feedback on the cradle (like having that green LED light only when the phone is connected - not all the time)

Old 01-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #51
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ

Suggestion >> There is no indication ON THE CRADLE when you lock the BB in that the connection has been made and it's charging. The screen doesn't light up and there is no LED change on the cradle. The light on the AC adapter does change. It would be nice to have some kind of feedback on the cradle (like having that green LED light only when the phone is connected - not all the time)
it shouldnt be a problem though, if the cradle works as it should. im surprised to hear its not a 'drop-in' type cradle. it doesnt sound too practical to be shoving the phone in and pulling it out all the time. plus, that has to increase the chances the phone will get scratched...
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #52
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8UB4

im making my own cradles, and it doesnt matter if both the cradle and the usb cord is hooked up at the same time. it also doesnt matter if you leave them plugged in, the phone will stop charging itself when its full. the charging is all done inside the phone, the cradle and usb power is just 5v power.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #53
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
it shouldnt be a problem though, if the cradle works as it should. im surprised to hear its not a 'drop-in' type cradle. it doesnt sound too practical to be shoving the phone in and pulling it out all the time. plus, that has to increase the chances the phone will get scratched...

To be fair - I am using the rubberized case which might affect the way the phone goes into the cradle. I suspect it's more "drop in" when your Pearl isn't in a case.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #54
asuandy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
Carrier: Tmobile

old thread, but i just got mine yesterday and i must say its a pretty awesome product. My Pearl fits snugly and its nice to just drop it in the cradle before bed