BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #21
catattoo

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cinncinati bell

Please Login to Remove!

I just got mine for my 8900 and while I really like the case it is giving me grief.
My alt button was behaving oddly. I could not lock the #s on with alt/shift. I could not access Event log or Active Apps because the both utilize the Alt button to activate them.
With the case off it all worked. With the silicone part one it all worked. With the plastic shell on the problem started again.
After messing with it I determined that the plastic shell is pushing the silicone and depressing the volume button slightly. For some reason this caused the alt key problems. There needs to be a slight cavity over the volume button inside of the silicone cover.
I tried removing some of the material with an exacto blade and it solved the problem! I managed to detatch half of the silicone button off of the body in the process which kind of bums me out!
I really like the whole concept of this case and would like to use it and not have felt like I threw my money away but I need my phone to work properly.
Maybe I will just go ahead and cut the entire volume button out of the silicone so it wont be flapping and I can still use the case.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
catattoo

Carrier: cinncinati bell

I cut the volume button out of the silicone and it reveled that the hard plastic shell was the problem.
I contacted Incipio even though I bought the item elswhere and WOW they have some first class customer service.
Perhaps I just had a defective case, I will try another.
What a great company A-1
Old 05-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #23
BBjason

Model: 7100T
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalover89 View Post
This is happening to me! I took off the hard shell of the case and the typing goes back to normal. When it's on, I start having typing issues. I haven't figured out how to put it on without having this issue. It must be pressing one of the side buttons while it's on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to put on the hard cover case without getting the typing problem?
in order to solve my problem i cut the button off the camera and also used a hole punch to make the headphone jack bigger and it helped out alot. the problem was that since the camera on the 8900 has autofocus and that piece of **** button sits on it the keys freeze. other than that ive dropped my phone off ladders and this case has saved my life. a few design flaws never hurt anybody :P
Old 05-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
bfdtpkt

Carrier: MOVIL Panama

This case looks good, but I don't see any available holster for it.......

I just ordered the SEIDIO Innocase ll combo at a great price on the SEIDIO website.

My choices were down to 3:
SEIDIO Innocase ll Combo
VAJA Balance leather case (BEST looking of the bunch)
INCIPIO silicrylic

They all have pro's and con's.........
Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #25
DEVO!
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by catattoo View Post
I cut the volume button out of the silicone and it reveled that the hard plastic shell was the problem.
I contacted Incipio even though I bought the item elswhere and WOW they have some first class customer service.
Perhaps I just had a defective case, I will try another.
What a great company A-1
I called their office and was told they are aware of the problem and should have new a new silicone design in about 6 weeks, very nice person on the phone and terrific customer service. My SILICRYLIC case is great I dropped it on a hill that is my drive way it slid about 9 feet and hit the curb and only scratches on the case none to my 8900 seems like a very good company to deal with i guess customer retention matters to some people!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
imports

Carrier: Rogers

thats a nice looking case and the price is not bad either.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Is this case hard to take apart like the SEIDIO case is for my pearl?

I mean in case of having to pull battery for resets. My Seidio case finally broke all the tabs after 2.5 years of resetting the battery. (Ha just to discover T_Mo coverage stinks south of Houston....!)
Closed Thread