Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Deepazul

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Curve 8520 won't get internet?

Please Login to Remove!

I was on Orange (which became EE recently... why I don't know) and they were awful. I didn't get services I was paying for, top-ups took forever to come through and I got charged for absolutely everything. So after they messed my internet up AGAIN and almost put someone close to me in serious danger, I decided it was time to ditch them.

I had my phone unlocked at a market stall in my city after requesting my PAC code from Orange (the one thing they were prompt with, kind of ironic). I then switched to o2 straight afterwards. This was earlier in January. I had a temporary number for the new SIM card until my old one came through from Orange, and I could get internet on that number. However, the second my old number came through, all traces of internet disappeared and now it will only give me 'cannot connect to the Internet, contact your service provider if this problem persists'. Which it has, for two weeks now.

I went into the o2 shop and they explained a server error hadn't added my internet to my account, and rectified this, however still no Internet came through. I went back in today and no luck still, they were only able to suggest an appointment with a Guru to take a closer look at it. I've had the phone for a year and a bit now and I haven't had problems with it at all (apart from the network provider... *sighs*). I really don't want to have to buy a new one because I'm quite fond of it.

Can anyone suggest any reason why my BlackBerry won't get internet? The Guru at the o2 shop thought it might need a software update, but confirmed all the settings were fine and I was registered as having internet by o2. It's running on whatever software BlackBerry's told me to run, as far as I know.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Curve 8520 won't get internet?

Did you specifically cancel your BIS account with the previous service provider?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread