BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with Verizon's 3G service ?
Very satisfied 81 65.32%
Somewhat satisfied/indifferent 27 21.77%
Very dissatisfied 16 12.90%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #21
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
love the coverage but hate the stupidity associated with some employees. Also i hate the prices that they charge, i mean i don't mind paying for quality service but don't cripple the phones that we pay an arm and a leg for with the services we like, AKA Blackberry GPS capabilities
I could not agree more!!! Love the coverage, hate going to the VZW store! I have had Sprint and AT&T as well and neither have come close to VZW coverage and reliability. Also, agree to a point with the pricing. However, now that the GPS is functional with Google Maps, I am much more appreciative of the service.

BTW, the unlocked GPS with Google Maps is ONLY for the Storm for the time being so this may help in your decision with the device and the service provider.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #22
RandyBass

PIN: N/A
Default Love My Storm!

I have only had my Storm for about a month, absolutely love it. Primary reason for buying was staying in touch with news and the office. Currently running AP Mobile News, Viigo (Awesome Program), WSJ and Fox News mobile. All are running well. The applications such as sheet to go and word to go work well. Synchronized with my business Outlook. I have bookmarked multiple mobile friendly sites from news to sports to weather. Even doing a little blogging! Never had an issue with service from Raleigh, NC to Charleston, SC.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

thanks everybody for the added opinions !

i see alot of ppl satisfied with 3G & verizon, and i wouldn't mind switching over in july when my time is up with tmo. but i'm also going to set up a poll about verizon customers and how satisfied they are with Billing....

i bought the 9530 new, unlocked it, and am using it with tmo. so far no complaints, and over the past 2 yrs i've had no issues with tmo's billing. but sometimes i don't get a response when i send an email to customer support...
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #24
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: noyb
Carrier: VZN

Honestly, I'm carrier agnostic. I'm more concerned with the technology.

That said, VZN's customer service has always been spot on. at&t absolute sucks in every way imaginable. If I had the ability to get rid of them in every capacity, i would in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, where I live, there aren't many options for landlines and such...yet.

Only think I don't understand about VZN is why I cannot use data while on a phone call. I thought that was the whole premise behind 3G.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #25
zero7404

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRAT View Post
Only think I don't understand about VZN is why I cannot use data while on a phone call. I thought that was the whole premise behind 3G.
that's news to me....

is simultaneous data/voice possible with at&t & tmo 3G ?
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #26
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

It's always been this way.

Yes, simultaneous voice/data is available on TMO and AT&T's 3G network. Not with Verizon.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #27
withanhdammit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Vancouver, USA (no, the first Vancouver, in Washington...no not DC, the state)
Model: 9700
PIN: check
Carrier: AT&T

I think it's because Verizon really isn't 3G, it's 1xEVDO. They advertise it as 3G so they can try to compete with AT&T's true 3G service which does allow simultaneous voice/data.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: noyb
Carrier: VZN

Yes, that wouldn't surprise me. I recall seeing an actual matrix comparing the different 2.5 and 3G services, but didn't recall what the outcome was.

i do know, between at&t and VZN, VZN is a heck more reliable, as far as call quality and data connectivity. Even if I can't speak and data at the same time.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #29
withanhdammit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Vancouver, USA (no, the first Vancouver, in Washington...no not DC, the state)
Model: 9700
PIN: check
Carrier: AT&T

I travel quite a bit for work, in the midwest mostly, and have an AT&T BlackJack for my personal phone and the Storm for my work phone. I have found both to be about the same for service/reliability.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #30
zero7404

ok, i created another poll, this time about billing, i'd love to get all your opinions....

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...s-billing.html
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #31
Phrehnck

coverage seems to be getting worse
Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #32
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
ok, i created another poll, this time about billing, i'd love to get all your opinions....

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...s-billing.html
You get what you pay for. What is there to ask. IF you pay for premium level service you get it. 73
Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #33
hudres

Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb Re: Verizon 3G

I have 3G coverage over 90% of the time. I trael around a lot so it is purely location dependent. 73
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #34
zero7404

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
You get what you pay for. What is there to ask. IF you pay for premium level service you get it. 73
i did not ask about getting what you pay for, i asked to find out how many ppl are not getting what they are paying for...this includes billing errors/inconsistencies.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #35
dbetman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Default I am confused

I think the phone service is as good as I have had and I have had them all and I travel a lot all over the US.

I am confused about 3G.

My Storm always says 1xEV

That is not 3G is it?

If you look on the Verizon Website they combine 3G & 1xEV on a coverage map so you can't actually see the 3G coverage.

You would think in Manhattan if nowhere else I could get 3G and I have never seen it. Surfing seems fast but my last Curve/AT&T did too.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #36
Blackberry_Stormer

PIN: 305A2E00

I live in Portland, OR and have had no dropped calls and I also recently moved from St Louis to here (Portland) and i had 1XEV practically 90% of the drive except in mountains but dont think any carrier has service there lol
Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #37
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbetman View Post
I am confused about 3G. My Storm always says 1xEV That is not 3G is it?
Search is your friend.

Yes, 1xEV *IS* Verizon's flavor of 3G.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #38
RobPuba

Talking

I love Verizon......... Way Better Than T-Mobile
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #39
Terrigno

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hmm. Well........considering the fact that I had PERFECT service in NJ and came to TN on vacation only to have PERFECT service here to, makes me think that Verizon is acceptable with me. And I will never switch!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #40
adorkable

PIN: Ask.

I am satisfied with Verizon; though, I voted 'indifferent' simply because I don't have any experience with 3G on other carriers.

The point lindros2 was trying to make was that you shouldn't really make a decision to go with Verizon based on the results of this poll because the service you receive varies A LOT from city to city. It's a very legitimate point. However, if the results are overwhelmingly in favor of Verizon's 3G service, then there's a good chance you may also end up loving Verizon if you go with them.

Perhaps if he/or she had reworded their post to be informative without being insulting, fewer people would be disagreeing.

I've had AT&T/Cingular, T-Mobile, and now Verizon. When I started out with Cingular, I was living in SC a few years ago. I got great service in most areas, but I couldn't get any signal at all in my parents' neighborhood. I then moved to Virginia. For the most part, Cingular was good, but I did experience quite a few dropped calls. I then switched to T-Mobile. They were great...in Virginia. They were nonexistent in SC, so whenever I came down to visit my parents, I would be roaming on Cingular/AT&T. Still, I couldn't get a signal at my parents'. Shortly after I moved to VA, my parents decided to get a cell phone, and they went with Verizon because my brother never had a problem getting a signal at their house with VZW. Flash forward three years and I'm able to get a signal while roaming on AT&T at my parents' house, however, it's piss poor and only exists about 15% of the time. Within the last few months, T-Mobile came to SC. When I came to visit for Thanksgiving, I was no longer roaming and I couldn't get a signal at my parents' with T-Mobile. While waiting for my husband to return from deployment and for our house to be built, I've moved in with my parents to save money. I NEED MY BLACKBERRY and a decent signal at all times, so I decided to switch to Verizon. While still up in VA, I got a signal everywhere. Here at my parents' house, I always have a signal. Out where we're building our house, I always have a signal. With T-Mobile I could only get a signal out there about half the time.

Long story short: it really matters where you are, so you're better off asking people in your area if they are happy with their Verizon service. ;)
Closed Thread