saymen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default Facebook Profile Pictures -> Outlook 2010 -> Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

with Outsync you can sync your facebook friends from facebook to your Outlook and they will be stored in the Contact Picture.

However i would like to syncronize my Outlook Contacts to my Blackberry as well. i remember i used to do that. it used to work. That was before i had 5.0 OS on my 8900. Since i use 5.x i dont remember it working anymore.

I istalled Desktop Manager 6.0 and tried to sync. Profile pictures are not shown in my BB. i tried the one way sync to the BB from Outlook. Also that didnt work.

In the fields however the Picture <->Contact Picture or as set now <- (please see picture attached)is beeing shown, that means to me that Desktop Software should also sync the photo of Outlook.

Does anybody have an idea how to get that working?
???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mapfields.JPG (29.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
saymen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ah, by the way. i dont want to sync my fb contacts with my blackberry since then all bb contacts will be uploaded to FB and you can´t delelte the contact list from fb afterwards.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
PVKH82W8

Model: 8350
Carrier: Sprint

Use BlackBerry App World to install the free Facebook application. Choose the option to install the <BlackBerry Contacts application>, which will periodically match your BB contacts to Facebook friends.
To delete any old (or wrong) BB contact pictures, just <edit> the BB contact. Highlight the existing picture and press the BB trackball. It displays the option to <delete picture>. Once the old picture is deleted, the BB Facebook application will download the friend's new picture from Facebook
If you subsequently use Desktop Manager to sync your Blackberry to MS Outlook, it wll upate the Outlook contact with the new BB contact picture (which was synced from Facebook).

Last edited by PVKH82W8; 09-18-2010 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #4
saymen
Thumbs Must Hurt

hi, well, yes. this is an option. however to upload ALLLLLL your bb contacts on FB is a little risky. also i know that people get invited from FB. FB is using the uploaded contacts to send emails to them in order to make them sign up if they arent yet.

i think this would be very unprofessional towards your business contacts on your bb.

also try to delete contacts on your fb. its not possible. you get many errors and then also you get a message that it can take some time and nothing happens.
are they doing this on purpose???? but of course.
Closed Thread