BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
jprincipe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile
Default who's happy with t mobile in the us?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm sick of AT&T dropped calls. I wanna go to t mobile but wanna check around. Do u guys get a lot of dropped calls with t mobile. I could get the world edition blackberry on verizon but I want the camera. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Love them, and have been with them for going on 6 years now

Get My Themes Here! | [email address] | Twitter
Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
gbnemail07
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

I have only one complaint with T-Mobile

WHERE IS 4.5!!??

Other than that they have the best customer service by a landslide (it is their competitive advantage) and the coverage is better than AT T.

If you want the BMW of service then go Verizon. That is what they specialize in. But I think T-Mobile has the best overall package and the best prices on service.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprincipe View Post
I'm sick of AT&T dropped calls. I wanna go to t mobile but wanna check around. Do u guys get a lot of dropped calls with t mobile. I could get the world edition blackberry on verizon but I want the camera. Thanks.
I get just the opposite. I have not had a dropped call with ATT in Jacksonville for months.

I tried T-Mo and had to go outside to make or receive calls! Their little map said I had excellent service at both my house and office. Only if you went outside!

It is all about coverage. If you are getting lots of dropped calls on ATT you are either not in an area covered well or you have hardware problems!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
ctuttle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t mobile

I'm new to T-Mobile, previously a long time att customer. I had lots of issues with att at home - Oklahoma City area, but found the network to be good everywhere else so put up with att for years. I can even tell you where on the highway you will lose signal on att, and areas around the airport that for some strange reason are att dead zones.

Switched to T-Mobile this summer, no issues at home at all, even in the att dead zones. I was in San Jose with a coworker who still had att. We were in the Convention Center and he couldn't make or receive calls until he went outside. On the other hand I had no issues.

I know it has been said before but T-Mobile's customer service is great. My experience was att's was at best a joke, and a bad one at that.

I know you are supposed to hate your wireless provider, but I'm very happy with my 8320 and T-Mobile. The WiFi is great, and T-Mobiles rates and service are so much better than what I used to deal with at att.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
michaelcorrao

i've been with tmobile since 2001 (back when they were "voicestream"). i joined when they were the only company to offer international roaming. t-mobile has GREAT 24/7 support (at&t isn't), coverage where i live in nyc is usually fine, and they have the best blackberry prices. another thought, if your service at home isn't the best, get one a model with wi-fi and set up a home network. i love using mine at home because i can be on the phone and email or surf the web at the same time. t-mobile has a 30 day guarentee and i think at&t has a "welcome back" clause in which they would waive the early termination fee that they charged you if you come back. ask around.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
sgtcasey

I've also been with T-Mobile since 2001 when they were Voicestream here in my area (New Mexico). I'm happy with their service. My phone has worked when I wanted it to.

I can't remember any times I wasn't able to get a signal in the places I go to most often. Even traveling around the country it's worked great when I needed it.

Dave
Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
DomBB

I've had T-Mobile for a while now and have had a few problems with it. I sometimes won't get service inside a friend's house. I have no clue why that is. Also, my service is never too good while I'm in a car. It can get quite annoying for me.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
nchavez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: ATA

I have had Tmobile for about 4 years now and I would have to say that I love the service that they provide. Every now and then, I will switch my plan due to work, personal issues, etc. and I never get the run around at all. I have had time in which I have gone over my minutes, texts, etc. and they always have either waved my fees to help avoid paying a ton of money or worked with me to try to get it down as much as possible. I used to have Sprint and there was no way in hell they would have done that for me. I love Tmobile a lot. < ---- My .02
Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
harper828
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T (Formerly Cingular)

I had T-Mobile and had to drop them since I couldn't get coverage in my home or at work. Now with AT&T, no dropped calls, no standing by window at home to speak to someone.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
TXLady

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprincipe View Post
Replies to a general question like this won't do you much good. It depends on where you are what your coverage, etc., will be.

I am on TMO in San Antonio. I get great coverage. I love it. that is only a valuable refernce to you if you also live in San Antonio....and if you live on the far south instead of far north, it may be a diffent story even here. (I don't know.) Coverage on all carriers can vary a mile or so away.

You need to check out coverage specific to where you live.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
garthfan0523

I've had T-Mobile since June of 2005 and am very happy. Just renewed for two years when I bought my Curve last week. Coverage has been just fine and service has been great.

A while back, when I was going through a financial crunch and was short on cash, they sent a disconnect letter. I called and asked for an extension on my disconnect date of a few days to get to my next paycheck and the rep was only too happy to oblige and was extremely gracious and polite to me. It made me feel so good that I rearranged my bills and paid down my entire balance in full rather than just the past-due amount. Now that the money situation is much better, I'm only too happy to stay with them.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
velocity92c
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

I've been happily with T-Mo for a few years now. They gave me a great deal on my first Curve, have always had great customer care and I don't remember ever having a dropped call. The coverage is great as well.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

I have T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. I'm located in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area of CA. In my area, Verizon is the worst. The minute you go inside my house or if you travel outside of the main area of town, you lose connection. T-Mobile would be the middle-of-the-road where I'm at. I get 2 bars in my house. The best carrier here is AT&T. I get 5 bars in my house and when I drive along the coast to work, going in and out of the coves, I keep my call the entire way.

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Great customer service, affordable plans, rare drop calls (at least in my area).

Will stay with them for quite a while.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
sjsilverman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile & China Mobile

all depends on the service you get where you use your phone the most. Yes, Tmo has the best CS, and if you travel internationally, UMA is a lifesaver. However, if you can't get a signal where you would use it most, it won't work for you. I've lived in NYC, LA, Pittsburgh and Miami. Been a customer since 1997 (was Omnipoint back then). Have no interest in switching.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
MajSingh
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 24b2b982
Carrier: ATT

I am very happy with the coverage, prices, and customer service. I am not so pleased with the choice of handsets nor their slower EDGE network. Thankfully, TMO is slowly rolling out their 3G network and thanks to GSM technology it isn't too hard to get an unlocked phone I like. In addition, TMO tech support is very kind with helping me set up data settings on a non-tmobile, unlocked, gsm phone. Which reminds me - TMO gladly provides you with the unlock code and instructions for any TMO phone.

Before I shutup, just thought of something else - thanks to UMA (wifi) calling, I can make calls over wifi if the cell signal is iffy or m.i.a.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #18
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24B4032B
Cool T-Mobile Survey

Couldn't be happier... been with them since Voicestream. Customer service is top notch (and no long waits on hold), not a dead spot in the county where I live, and I haven't had a dropped call in about 5 years! Plus the T-Mobile BB Unlimited plan is one of the most inexpensive I have seen.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #19
lovescakemix
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: 2800d27f
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
Great customer service, affordable plans, rare drop calls (at least in my area).

Will stay with them for quite a while.
i love their CS. i enjoy talking to them, its pretty awesome when people at customer service actually know what they are doing lol.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #20
Mill1978

Model: 9550
PIN: 311BAFD7
Carrier: Big Red

I love Tmo there CS is the best and I dont have any complaints about there coverage. Go Tmo Go.
Closed Thread