Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #21
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I am surprised that it would be a battery issuebut I am glad that the issue was solved.

It does bother me a little when people usually complain about devices AFTER they have added all types of thrid party applications. Try using the phone without all the extra add-ons that you really don't need anyways. It IS a stable phone...9 times out of ten any problem is caused by something done by the user...
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #22
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I agree with that, as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #23
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejae View Post
are you talking about going into security options and choosing wipe handheld, and then just restoring my information from a backup?
No, I was talking about wiping the device using the JL_CMDR method or just load the OS through application loader and make sure you do not restore anything to the device. Easy way to do this is by upgrading the stock .171 OS on it to .175 or .180, then just tell it NOT to restore your data when doing the upgrade.

Make a backup before you start all of this so you can recover your messages and such when you're successful.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #24
timmyc123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

I believe it has something to do with google maps because this is my second curve and after I installed google, it began to happen again.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM   #25
XBGM3R

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The one who has no understanding is you. Do not tell him he has no understanding. You don't know if he's wrong. He said he replaced the battery and problem was solved. It wouldn't be the first bad battery I've seen.
John Clark, Huh, Me? Ahh interesting. If I had no understanding what is about curve nor bb. I wouldn't buy curve nor bb series at all, therefore I would existing member of sidekick.

I acknoweldged the one coming is you trying to put me down, you like to see me put bb down? Huh? I never let you knock me down.. anyway I notice and aware that you and I are sometime not get along since as once you were upset that I did put you down after you bashed me for no reasons. For he truth, I have't in·ti·mat·ing by you nor honoring you. I don't care if you banned me again and not return this forum for good. go for it. yawn..

Last edited by XBGM3R; 11-06-2007 at 01:07 AM..
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 AM   #26
John Clark
BBF Moderator

in ti mat ing????

Last edited by John Clark; 11-06-2007 at 02:15 AM..
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #27
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

At first I thought you were from out of the country, but then I saw NOR-CAL and T-Mobile as your carrier.

What the heck were you trying to say there? Even I had trouble reading it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #28
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I let my 13 year old daughter read it and she just laughed.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #29
DreyDey

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default rebooting issue

i have the same rebooting issue when i try to do a 3 way call or i get an incoming call while im on a call, its really annoying, i tried the hard reset , soft reset, i even updated the software through tmobile.com but it happened again it probably happens about twice a week tmobile said a warranty exchange, but they dont know if i get a new phone, which i bought mine new so im gonna contact tmobile and get a new battery and see if that solves the problem, if so i will be happy cause i lve the phone, also has anyone expanded and got a memory card does that help thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #30
matt2meyer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I was just as surprised (and annoyed) that switching the battery would solve my rebooting issues after all the time I spent with TMO tech and waiting for a replacement phone that rebooted just like my original one.

I put the old battery in back in and sure enough, same old UMA issues and reboots!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #31
XBGM3R

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

ATTENTION: I try to talk you as man to man.

bluejae <-- I want to saying " I am truly sorry what I offend and critize you" on my thought. I glad those answer your post for battery's issuse that solve. I do respect you and others come to thread for their help whomever can solve it. I will not put you or other down. I will learn how to respect your thread and learning something from you. I am very sorry. I hope you have enjoy with sweet curve.

John Clark <-- I am truly sorry for my lacking respect you and rule. I am here to feedbacks and learn from expert bb users and novice users. I will respect other's thread include posts. I certianly am moving on and forget about past. I give my peace on this and the forum. I will follow the goldern rule for certain.

thanks for read my post!

Enjoy stay in forums.

Good luck!

Last edited by XBGM3R; 11-06-2007 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #32
dentalrep
Thumbs Must Hurt

Interesting typing style, where are you originally from? I am glad you came to your senses because they did nothing wrong.

There is no need to bash one another in this forum. I mean we are all here because he have common interests. Or no life? Or I have been married too long....I haven't figured it out yet.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #33
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
ATTENTION: I try to talk you as man to man.

bluejae <-- I want to saying " I am truly sorry what I offend and critize you" on my thought. I glad those answer your post for battery's issuse that solve. I do respect you and others come to thread for their help whomever can solve it. I will not put you or other down. I will learn how to respect your thread and learning something from you. I am very sorry. I hope you have enjoy with sweet curve.

John Clark <-- I am truly sorry for my lacking respect you and rule. I am here to feedbacks and learn from expert bb users and novice users. I will respect other's thread include posts. I certianly am moving on and forget about past. I give my peace on this and the forum. I will follow the goldern rule for certain.

thanks for read my post!

Enjoy stay in forums.

Good luck!

dang i missed a lot... but yes, i think the curve is sweet... and i love the phone... and right now... i can't believe i was actually told by a CSR at t-mobile, a supervisor at that, that even after i get this phone returned, that i will likely not be able to get a new curve because i will not be allowed one or something..

he actually suggested strongly that i go with a different phone. WTF...

i really don't want to post my long story of what i've been through today... but at the end of the night, i received justice in some sorts so i'll be getting another new phone by this friday.

now, in response to 3rd party apps, i've tried taking all those off, i've tried wiping the handheld, i've tried using the phone with nothing on it but what's there... and yes, it rebooted twice today just being idle

but something new happened today which shocked me, i couldn't scroll up with the ball... i could scroll side to side and down... but all of a sudden i couldn't go up. the phone had never been dropped or anything, but this problem is also random. i would leave it alone for a while, and then i can scroll up again... and then i try to see if it will happen again by scrolling everyway possible really fast and slow, but nothing, looks like it works perfectly.

i'm just afraid that tmobile will now have me flagged as a curve returner... when i actually do try everything possible.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:25 AM   #34
Blaziniflo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just got my new Curve today. I'll mail back my old one tomorrow. The new curve came loaded with .180 which was a plus. The phone seems to be much faster right now, but I haven't installed some of my staple programs yet such as quick compose, viigo, and some themes, custom caller id pix and tunes. I'll keep everyone posted on the performance of this new phone.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #35
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziniflo View Post
Just got my new Curve today. I'll mail back my old one tomorrow. The new curve came loaded with .180 which was a plus. The phone seems to be much faster right now, but I haven't installed some of my staple programs yet such as quick compose, viigo, and some themes, custom caller id pix and tunes. I'll keep everyone posted on the performance of this new phone.
i'm waiting on my new phone still... and i just experienced another reboot with no 3rd party apps on it. mine came with .180 also, and when i received it, i wiped the handheld, and then restored my information to just try and start fresh but still problems.

i'm gonna try my best to keep this new one with no problems. any suggestions on what to do with it before i restore my information onto will be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #36
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

got the new phone.

what should i do first? with the last phone, i wiped the handheld through the security options and then restored my info on it.

is there a better approach or should i wait and see if anything happens
Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #37
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

so i decided to use the new phone as is and just restore my information. it got to around theme settings and when i looked at my phone to see why it wasn't installing, it read "app error"

so i'm trying again after the phone as booted back up. not the best way to start fresh
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #38
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

now i can't set up my blackberry email on the new phone because the link on the tmobile site is down

*edit* called tmobile, got it done...

no 3rd party apps on my phone, and we'll see if anything happens.

although i really would like the google apps

Last edited by bluejae; 11-14-2007 at 12:08 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 AM   #39
jacknjob
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Singtel
Default Rebooting Issue

mine is from Singapore Telecom -> v4.2.2.175 (Platform 2.5.0.33) Kernel v3.8.4.47.

The BB unit keep rebooting itself randomly, can be as many as 20 times a day.

The Blackberry support guys told me to disable WIFI totally and see what happen. It is a little irritating as the reason why I get an 8320 is due of the WIFI availability, now I have to take it out (o_O)...

Let see what will happen.

Last edited by jacknjob; 11-21-2007 at 04:29 AM..
Old 11-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #40
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 06:41 PM..
Closed Thread