BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Replaced 8320 curve because of rebooting issues...

Please Login to Remove!

and the first thing i noticed was that the new phone i got from t-mobile had larger font on the keys... i thought this was strange

now the entire key is practically filled with the letter.

i did like the other style better, but if this new phone doesn't randomly reboot i can definitely live with the larger letters

and on the same day i received the replacement phone, i got my clear case and screen protector from seidio. and it's pretty awesome. i got the screen protector on there perfectly. i couldn't tell that it was there even after i had just put it on.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
onyx00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am about to return mine for a replacement; I was getting resets while on the phone with people. Hoping a new one will fix my issue.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

i am now on my 4th one and it's still doing it... it was working fine for about a week... and yesterday and today it started rebooting randomly.

i would take it out of my pocket and it would be asking for my pin

i would just have it on my table, and i come back and see the hour glass going.

what the heck
Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Besides the base OS, what programs do you have installed on it.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

currently, the google apps and 2 free games (sudoku and circle popper)

i'm with tech support right now to see if i have to return this one too... this is crazy...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Try wiping it out and running it with just the base OS. No third party apps. Try and isolate a cause.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

each time i called them, they told me i could get a new phone under buyer's remorse... which falls within 14 days of the purchase...

and when i got my first one, i asked them what if this new one i get is bad too... do i get another 14 days and they assured me i would.

and then that one was crap, so i called again and got another brand new one under buyer's remorse, and she told me that i would have 14 days from the day i receive my replacement phone...

and now i'm on the phone with a blackberry tech who wants me to try and test a new battery out at a tmobile store or have them send me one... and he had the nerve to tell me that i wouldn't be guaranteed a new one because i'm not within the 14 day period because it's from when i purchased my original phone... that's BS

and after some arguing, he finds out that whenever i get a new phone, they write up a new contract or something, so it actually starts again from the new phone...

but now, he's saying... in order to send me a new phone... i would have to provide a tracking number to them showing proof that it has shipped, and then they would send me a new phone... unlike the other 2 times i've gone through this and they were happy to send me a new phone and let me switch them out and send the defective one back...

what in the crap
Old 11-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Try wiping it out and running it with just the base OS. No third party apps. Try and isolate a cause.
i'll try it... but i'm pretty sure i've done that before with the other phones... it's just that i don't have the time before the remorse period ends...

if no one else has problems with the google apps, then i'd like to at least get that on there... and no games... because i'd really like to have those
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I have a ton of apps on mine with no rebooting....
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #10
heyheycoolgirl

Quote:
please tell me what youre doing because i am having this same issue and it is driving me INSANE.

I have a new phone coming to me, and i was hoping this issue would be reolved with the new phone. but it looks like im not the only one, and this second phone doesnt mean much.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheycoolgirl View Post
please tell me what youre doing because i am having this same issue and it is driving me INSANE.

I have a new phone coming to me, and i was hoping this issue would be reolved with the new phone. but it looks like im not the only one, and this second phone doesnt mean much.
driving me insane as well... i'll be goin on my 4th or 5th phone... i think i lost count... and t-mobile is being suspicious of me because of it...

anyway... as suggested.. i deleted all the games and some other stuff i don't need but left google apps. it was fine for the weekend and then today, i left my phone on my desk, came back and it was asking for my PIN ... so it rebooted again.

WTH!

one of the reps had told me that i need to test my battery, but for each phone i received, i used the new battery, so i find it highly unlikely that all the batteries have been faulty.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
lucky
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I also have many apps but the only issues I have are with UMA/WiFi. I do occasionally lock up and have to do a battery pull, but that's only once every couple of days and it's usually when I have a few apps open at the same time.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Have you tried to fully wipe the device and then load a new OS on it from scratch? Granted you shouldn't have to do this with a new device, but it would let you isolate hardware failure from software failure.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
Have you tried to fully wipe the device and then load a new OS on it from scratch? Granted you shouldn't have to do this with a new device, but it would let you isolate hardware failure from software failure.
are you talking about going into security options and choosing wipe handheld, and then just restoring my information from a backup?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
Blaziniflo
Thumbs Must Hurt

what OS is everyone running? I have had hourglass issues with .171 and currently on .175 and still get lag. My battery has been also draining 70% more than normal the past 3 days. Just called Tmobile and they told me to do a hard reset and try it. I'm about to do that and will post when I talk to them again.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

the hard reset (battery pull) is usually just a temp. fix for these things... they always suggest that while troubleshooting, or doing a hard reset every couple of days or even every day.... there is no way i'll be doing that every day.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
matt2meyer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Thumbs up

I had the same issues, they sent me a new Curve and still happened. Finally stopped when they sent a new battery. PROBLEM SOLVED (for me at least)! Might be worth a try if you're usign the same battery with every new Curve they send?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
XBGM3R
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

I have no problem with my curve. My instinct always believe that software has some issue like glitches/ bugs. not directly hardware's problem.. I believe that you have no understanding what is about curve.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #20
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
I have no problem with my curve. My instinct always believe that software has some issue like glitches/ bugs. not directly hardware's problem.. I believe that you have no understanding what is about curve.
The one who has no understanding is you. Do not tell him he has no understanding. You don't know if he's wrong. He said he replaced the battery and problem was solved. It wouldn't be the first bad battery I've seen.

Last edited by John Clark; 11-05-2007 at 10:41 PM..
Closed Thread