Old 12-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #41
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
I'll admit to skimming over this thread quickly so I might have missed if this was mentioned, but is anyone having rebooting issues using a media/memory card in the 8320? If so, see if removing the card helps any. I've seen this on Windows Mobile devices where the handset would reboot every so often until the memory card was removed.

Belkin routers also seem to cause things to reboot so if you're using one of those maybe stop using it and see if the issue goes away.

Dave

well... if all that is true... than whats the point of having this phone?

i happen to be using a media card and my router is a belkin... wtc is that.

i got my latest phone and used it for a few weeks and then it happened, my first reboot. i decided to keep a log of it now, don't know what good it'll do.

happened at 11/28/2007
and then again on 12/03/2007

just another thought, is anyone on the myfaves plan with this phone?.

i'm gonna try copying all my data on my card off, and then format the card and see if that will help. there's nothing i can do about the router theory unless i get a new router.

Last edited by bluejae; 12-03-2007 at 12:09 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #42
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

woke up this morning to find that my curve had rebooted again. it's starting up again
Old 12-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #43
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

i know there are people who have their curve and it's working great with no problems. whether they have apps installed or not.

but what if the problem with a particular curve is that it won't work well with one app. does that mean it can never use that app even though other users can use it?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #44
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I think it's the Belkin router. I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention they're doing ok with that brand and an 8320.

Here's another thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...me-8320-a.html

The other possible problem may be the sim card. I just can't imagine you got 4 defective units with the same problem. More likely it is something you didn't change when you exchanged the units like the media card, sim card, or the router.

Oh, that link in the other thread to the BB website used to have an article that said the solution was to go to OS 4.3. It's not there anymore, so my guess is it is a known issue with this brand of routers. But since 4.3 is not out yet, they probably removed that info temporarily.

Last edited by monkeypaw; 12-04-2007 at 11:56 AM..
Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #45
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

well i had no problems with the belkin router for over 2 weeks and then it just started a couple of days ago. it seems awkward.

the only thing that i kept the whole time would have been the media card and the sim card.

also, i've listened to music on the phone for hours without a problem. i've never had it reboot while in use. always idle, so it's hard to believe it's the media card
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #46
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

rebooted again.

took battery out for a hard reboot. see if it helps.

i can't believe all this is happening again.

Last edited by bluejae; 12-04-2007 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #47
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

I say try a new router and/or sim card.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #48
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
I say try a new router and/or sim card.
i'll mention the sim card to a tmobile tech but i don't understand how it can be an issue. if i'm connected to it at home, ok. but this started when i was out of town, over 200 miles from my router and never connected to a wifi connection while there.

but to further test the theory, instead of automatic, i put the wifi on manual. so it won't connect to the router/wifi and will stay on EDGE. i'm assuming if it's not connected to wifi through the router, it should be fine if in fact it's the belkin router

Last edited by bluejae; 12-04-2007 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #49
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Tmobile

I'm on my second 8320, first was returned due to broken USB port. This one, with no outside apps installed at all, never even connected to a PC (I activated and synched wirelessly), is rebooting 1-2X per day. Thus far, only happens when I'm using Edge and Bluetooth together.

It's annoying...always happens when I'm on a concall and the reboot takes 5 minutes or more to recover.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #50
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck View Post
I'm on my second 8320, first was returned due to broken USB port. This one, with no outside apps installed at all, never even connected to a PC (I activated and synched wirelessly), is rebooting 1-2X per day. Thus far, only happens when I'm using Edge and Bluetooth together.

It's annoying...always happens when I'm on a concall and the reboot takes 5 minutes or more to recover.
that sucks, should contact your carrier right away... i'm glad mine has never done it during a call
Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #51
johnyguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

mine also did it today when i was in the car and try to get the bluetooth working with my car stereo wich also has stereo bluetooth, i mean to play my sonsg over the head unit.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #52
dunk50
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Why

This is my post on another thread,
"
OK, 12-13-07 I called AT&T warranty department and found a sympathetic ear. He sent me out a replacement and even shipped it over night. How great is that? Soooooe today 12-14-07 FedEX is at the door with new (to me) phone. I swithed the sim and media card and start setting up the ringtones etc. phoe shuts off and starts rebooting. Blew it off and started entering some new contacts, phone shuts off and starts rebooting. it did this 4 times in an hour. SOOOOE i called Warranty department and there sending out another new to me phone..
Now i have read alot of problems with the Curve (8310) bout does anyone know what percentage of phones actually have a problem. Am I just the most unlucky customer or what. Love the phone but i am seriously starting to question my choice. We'll see what number 3 acts like."

I am going to ask you all this question. If you buy a NEW Curve and have a problem, and they send you a used / refurbished replacement what would you expect. My point is, if a problem is sporadic how could they possibly find and fix it if they don't think it had a problem to begin with. I think we are all getting the same used / problem phones and were just passing them around via the warranty department.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #53
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Some advice for rebooting. Wipe the handheld and reload the software using the desktop manager. Then use the device like it was brand new without anything loaded. See if any rebooting happens. If it doesn't, go ahead and load things by on, and see if it reboots. If it does, its some corrupted data.

Another thing I've noticed in my days working in the Sprint/Nextel service center. Take out your battery and look at the battery contacts on your phone. The 4 prongs. They should all be leveled/even. If one or more is broken off, or some are higher than others (or lower) its not getting a good contact with the battery, can cause charging problems, phone not turning on or rebooting.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 AM   #54
flamerbeastie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N\A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Had The same issues. T-mo sent me a new one a few days ago. Tried to connect to a friends network and it rebooted instantly. Once I left, the reboot stopped. I just found out he has a Wireless N router, and I read somewhere that the curve has "issues" with any Wireless N device. I am now lead to believe that this has been the issue all along......

Verizon Wireless BIS. Tour 9630. v4.7.1.40
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #55
nrkelly

mine was doing fine until 2 weeks ago when I downloaded opera mini. since then it's been restarting 2 -4 times/week. I just deleted it, hope that works.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #56
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile

My 8800 have re-booting problem too, until I do a clean OS install without any backup restore, now I have zero reboot problem.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...nally-fix.html
Old 08-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #57
DumbUglyDragon

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RR View Post
My 8800 have re-booting problem too, until I do a clean OS install without any backup restore, now I have zero reboot problem.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...nally-fix.html
I hate to bump another thread about reboot issues, but has anyone else tried what CBR900RR did? My phone was originally a pearl and when I upgraded, I loaded most of my backup info on to it.
Closed Thread