BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
illegalspeeds

Model: Pearl
Default Please help with custom ring tones!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, this is making me crazy. I have my phone set up so that in "Normal", the default ringtone is a certain tune. (Superstition by Stevie Wonder). I am trying to make custom ring tones for other certain callers. I have tried everything I can think of, but when the phone rings, no matter who calls, I still hear Stevie Wonder. When I go into their name in the address book, it lists their ring tone. When I go into "advanced" in the Profiles menu, whether I check "Use this profile except..." or leave it unchecked, still the same song. Please help me, what am I doing wrong?
Old 01-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalspeeds
Ok, this is making me crazy. I have my phone set up so that in "Normal", the default ringtone is a certain tune. (Superstition by Stevie Wonder). I am trying to make custom ring tones for other certain callers. I have tried everything I can think of, but when the phone rings, no matter who calls, I still hear Stevie Wonder. When I go into their name in the address book, it lists their ring tone. When I go into "advanced" in the Profiles menu, whether I check "Use this profile except..." or leave it unchecked, still the same song. Please help me, what am I doing wrong?
Not sure what the problem is. Have you gone into your address book for each caller and set the custom ring tone, but saved it too?

When in the contact, press <edit>

Then scroll to the applicable phone number.

Press <menu> key [dotted key to left of trackball].

Scroll to <Add custom phone tune>

Pick tone or tune and make sure to save.

You can also select the tune by clicking the <set a picture> icon. When clicking that <add a custom tune> appears on the menu.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-01-2007 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Also, have you made sure that to do a battery reset? That may set up the tones, on reboot.

When setting up the tones on the callers, do the tones sound off? If not, then maybe your tones are not in the proper folders [chip versus on the Pearl's memory].

Also, not sure on this, but I thought the phone had to be on either a custom profile or even "loud" for the custom tone notifiers to work. When I put my phone profile in "Normal" mode and press edit, it does not have the ability to select or use check boxes for the custom tones [that is, that appears at the bottom of the edit options].

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-01-2007 at 01:53 PM..
Closed Thread