HRom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi HRom,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Does this happen with all your emails or just some of them? - best place to follow up on this would probably be our support line: [email address]
That's where we are most responsive

Thanks,
eZainny.
Only some. Still also having a problem with a lot of the images not showing up but showing as a link.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Yeah, I could see that happening. I'll fire off an email to them sometime soon and see what comes back
Thanks! BTW...a very elegant piece of coding
Old 06-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #23
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Well, Version 2 sold me and I registered and received an activation code. Only problem is where do I enter it? Don't seem to see the option. Excellent work and look forward to more additions.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #24
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRom View Post
having a problem with long emails. Bottom of screen says "retrieve more" but then get an error "Sorry. Mroe could not be retrieved. Please check your connection status and try again alter" but there is no connection issue as the first part opens fine as do others and I can use other connected apps.
I have seen this before, but only on "older" emails. Well, not old per se, but more than a few days old.

While testing SV, I would have to go back to try to find emails with graphic images in them to test with. I get a fair amount of emails daily but most of them are plain text. Every so often I go to eBay and "Watch An Item" so that I get emails with embedded images. ;)

Anyways, back to the topic. If the email is very recent, I can retrieve more, but if the email is say, a week old (I didn't nail down the exact time frame) and it was a long email, then I would get that same error PLUS have an ugly looking red X next to the message in the list when I closed it.

I would suspect that emails get deleted from RIM's servers after a couple of days (perhaps someone can confirm). When reading short emails on your handheld, you don't have to access RIM's servers but for long ones, you do; as the entire email isn't downloaded automatically if it's more than a certain length I guess. So when you go to the bottom of that email and the BB tries to retrieve more but can't, I think that's why you get that message. There is nothing more to retrieve [any more].
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #25
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis View Post
Well, Version 2 sold me and I registered and received an activation code. Only problem is where do I enter it? Don't seem to see the option. Excellent work and look forward to more additions.
When you have an email open, click your menu button and scroll down to Activate!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #26
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Now that V2 is out, I have a suggestion. Any chance of you working with CRS (Pocketday) to use BBSmart as an optional Pocketday email viewer? I see the two applications as complimentary versus competitive. It could be a nice win/win for all concerned.
I'm also a PD 4.2x user, and found (as you have too, no doubt) that if you launch PD's message viewer to read a specific new message, then you get a default email viewer. But if you use the section header to go to it (click the Unread Messages bar and Go To...), PD shells out to the message list. From there, all emails can/will use the viewer. So, not so bad but for those of us happening to be using both PD and SV, it'd be nice indeedy.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #27
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R

Quote:
But we're not resting yet! Version 3.0 is already being planned out now with more very cool features - and as always, will be available as a free upgrade. At BBSmart, we are committed to regular release cycles - meaning as we (or you) come up with more and more cool ideas, they're never far away.

Have a great day all and we really hope you like it! This release is the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication: A lot of late nights and sore thumbs

Check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed

Cheers,
eZainny.
Wow! Regular release cycles...at this rate you'll be at version 12 in less than a year! ;)
Old 06-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #28
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R

One more thing...How is the speed with the new upgrade? I'm still sitting on the fence on whether or not to buy it. Can anyone chime in on that?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post
One more thing...How is the speed with the new upgrade? I'm still sitting on the fence on whether or not to buy it. Can anyone chime in on that?

Personally, I find it fairly fast on plain text and emails with cached images (duh).

For emails with embedded images, it's going to vary for everyone depending on data speeds, network/internet speeds, size of the images, etc., just like it can on our desktops; where we've all waited for those slow loading pages/graphics. It *can* happen with SV too, but that doesn't mean the blame lies there for slow loading.

The majority of my emails don't have images in them, so in that regard it's fast.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

While I love the improvements over the first version, any chance of implementing the SureType shortcuts?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #31
Sabrina3131

Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t
Question Images

I just downloaded version 2.0 and I cannot display images. When I check my Connection Options it says "Connection Failure! Please check your radio coverage and review your selections". Help!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #32
myridom
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Alltel

Great job! Zaney!

myridom
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #33
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

I love this program, but does it have any options you can change (i.e. Font, color, etc...)? If it does, I cannot find it (I am currently using the Trial version). I am using a 8703e with Sprint, version 4.1 OS.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited by myet01; 06-27-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #34
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
I love this program, but does it have any options you can change (i.e. Font, color, etc...)? If it does, I cannot find it (I am currently using the Trial version). I am using a 8703e with Sprint, version 4.1 OS.

Thanks,

Tony
From your messages List, click the Menu key and scroll to BBSmart Options, you can change the colours, fonts, etc. there.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #35
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
From your messages List, click the Menu key and scroll to BBSmart Options, you can change the colours, fonts, etc. there.
Excellent - found it, thanks!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #36
wcberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: AT&T

Ver 2 is great but I do have a problem.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned yet. I found it today when I sent a PIN message to another BB user and attached an address from my address book. He could not view it or save it. Even after toggling back to text. The only way to view it was uninstall the program. We tried to email it next, that did not work either. With other attachments, we can open them. This only occurs when we attach an address from our address book. This is on 8700, 8830 and 8300 models.

Setup? Bug?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #37
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: vodafone

sorry if this is a very stupid question but I cant find the answer..is this a whole new email program or does it just change the look of the original..more importantly is it an 'always on' type program i.e. will it rack up my data usage or not? It looks good by the way.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #38
eZainny

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN View Post
While I love the improvements over the first version, any chance of implementing the SureType shortcuts?
Hi DiRN,

Let me know what shortcuts are missing (I thought we got most of them) and I'll put them in in the upcoming release.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #39
eZainny

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcberry View Post
Ver 2 is great but I do have a problem.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned yet. I found it today when I sent a PIN message to another BB user and attached an address from my address book. He could not view it or save it. Even after toggling back to text. The only way to view it was uninstall the program. We tried to email it next, that did not work either. With other attachments, we can open them. This only occurs when we attach an address from our address book. This is on 8700, 8830 and 8300 models.

Setup? Bug?
Thanks for letting us know wcberry - we'll look into that one and see if we can reproduce.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #40
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm late out of the gate on this 2.0 version (busy today!!), but just downloaded the trial...and I am impressed. I will certainly buy this version. It was well worth the wait...

Thanks, eZainny!
Closed Thread