BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
jobowyer

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Outlook only receiving recurring calendar appointsments via Blackberry Professional

Please Login to Remove!

Techie info:
Using a blackberry 7250
Server is running Windows 2000 server, Blackberry Professional Software 4.1, Microsoft Exchange 2000 service pack 3

I'm using the free download from Blackberry, the one that only allows one user. I followed the instructions on installing Professional via the flash videos on blackberry's site, all of that went well. SQL installed, followed the instructions for giving the bpsadmin login it's proper permissions all that good stuff.

I did a sync via USB cable, not wireless because the email account from exchange server is not a public email account, i.e. the exchange server does not host their internet email. Everything syncs fine, contacts, phone log, etc EXCEPT calendar. When I open up outlook on any client pc i am ONLY seeing recurring appointments.

If I go onto the blackberry and a) open an existing non-recurring appointment and simply save it or b) make a new non-recurring appointment it syncs perfectly with outlook. Outlook can schedule appointments and it will sync too and when there is a conflict whoever I have set up in the professional software to win will win. It's like the syncing works fine AFTER the initial sync, it's just not grabbing the initial non-recurring appointments. The client has a TON of them too, and simply saving them isn't an option because there are hundreds (unless someone knows of a way to re-save all apointments quickly)

I've gone into the professional software and messed with all the bidirectional permissions, I've deleted the Desktop SYNC and Desktop CICAL service books from the blackberry and resynced... still no go.

I'd like to use the forums before I blow my one free call to RIM tech support on this.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
jobowyer

Anybody got any suggestions on this?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
jobowyer

Is this an issue that no one else has ever run into?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Did you install Blackberry Professional Software? Is that what you downloaded? If so, that should allow wireless sync, and part of the problem may be with the conflicting installation that you have.

You may also want to go to this link and check out what it has to say about permissions on the server:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...s-outlook.html

And welcome to the forums.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
jobowyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
Did you install Blackberry Professional Software? Is that what you downloaded? If so, that should allow wireless sync, and part of the problem may be with the conflicting installation that you have.

You may also want to go to this link and check out what it has to say about permissions on the server:

And welcome to the forums.
I have actually visited that forum post and confirmed everything on it was correct. The bpsadmin is starting all the services, .dll files are correct, the user is not hidden from the Global Address List.

I am running Blackberry Professional Software 4.1. The devices does sync wireless just fine, i.e. if I schedule an appointment on the Blackberry or in Outlook it will sync just fine wirelessly, in about 20-45 seconds.

The problem is the initial sync did NOT pull over non-recurring events. So I have a blackberry with say:

800am - 1000am: (recurring) breakfast with staff
1000am-1030am: (nonreccuring) confront tech for not having blackberry issue fixed

And after the initial sync all I have in outlook is:
800am - 1000am: recurring breakfast with staff

If I simply open up the 10am appointment on the Blackberry and just save it, making NO changes, it will pop up on Outlook.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm really guessing here, and actually I hope that a more experienced user will chime in with better advice. I suspect that the fact that you did a wired sync as a part of this process is what has caused the snafu. When I initially installed BPS the entire device got wiped, and then activated, and then everything synced wirelessly.

But that is just a guess. I'm guessing, from the way that you have described this, that you hadn't used Outlook in the past and that a part of your goal is to get appointments migrated from the BB to Outlook. While this solution would be a pain for already completed legacy appointments, it may be simpler if less elegant to get future appointments transferred to Outlook by simply scrolling through the BB and quickly openeing and re-saving them. A pain, no doubt, but it would solve the problem.
Closed Thread