Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #21
raven71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
PIN: 249F7DCD
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks the one thing I do think is for the corporate world a Android is not for them. I do think that the torch will be an improvement. It will give the corporate people a better phone.
I stayed with blackberry for a keyboard. I played with my sons storm and didn't have a good experience.
I was very leary to get the Captivate or any phone with a touch screen. It's hard to give up old habits, but this is so easy to use. I really never used the BBM, most of my message sending is sms.
You really need to try one of these to realize what it can do. I do hope Samsung fixes the gps. Yet if I use wireless location finding, it gets my location about 70 yards away. I hope amaze comes out with a gps app for it soon.
We shall see how fast the the 2.0 os system for it, but all in all the phone has been easy to get use too.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that RIM is just going to gradually update their phones, play it safe and by 2012 you will probably see OS 7. I can only imagine how far behind they would be at that point.

when I think about a blackberry compared to an Iphone, it's like a pager compared to a cell phone at this point. RIM makes really smart pagers that happen to make calls and run a few apps. An iphone (or android) is a smartphone or personal computer in your pocket.

I mean invent like a 3 day battery life phone or some other gimmick because I really don't know what these guys are selling anymore for the same price as everything else.

Anyway it was fun while it lasted but unless RIM or carriers start giving these things away I can't see why anyone would want to pay 200 dollars for the latest BB. 200 dollars is a really expensive pager in my book.

i nsee your point and i agree agree with you from a business point of view . but as far as people wanting to leave RIM for other phones that will be a little harder to do . alot of people lilke rim because it does the job perfect and the way you need it done. i find the iphone to be a little weak in the business area and email . as for media its a great phone. i think everyone needs to ask themself before buying a phone what do i need it for the most . as for me i needed battery life instent email and the keyboard everything else came 2nd .

as far as rim falling behind everyone they are in a way, but to this day if your a professional your going to use a blackberry and i am not going to take anyone serious if they pull out a iphone : lol i mean to me i will see that he will get the email the min i send it to him and i can see that he might reply right away .

peope need to relize apple made a phone for the mass not just the business people. where rim start off for the business people and then expanded for the masses, and over all i feel they have done a great job at doing it with the curve and there hard work on the first storm and 2nd storm. i feel they could have made a major splash if the storm just had a touch screen like an iphone or the smasung galaxy and and keep the blackberry os . i think people would have really seen rim as a major player that can keep up with the game .

if Rim does come out with the blackpad or an blackberry pad and they play thgere cards correct apple can have some major issues. i think the next step for the cellphone market is that it should not be locked down to just that form factor something that has to be held in your hand . i would use the i pad as a cell phone at work if i was aple to use it as a phone . able to read full emails reply and talk on the phone via bluetooth headset and holding a nine inch screen then your talking about a major communcation device .

well thats my 2 cents . lol
Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #23
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven71 View Post
Let me say I went and got a Captivate and I do not regret it. I posted in the android forum about it. So all you RIM folks make fun and deal with your antiquated phones.
Even the torch ain't going to compare. I saw a demo and it's still the same old phone. So I hope the 6.0 os is the answer for you, but it can't compare to what the screen looks like on this.
Plus I don't know why but I have better reception even in the areas where I use to complain to att about. It works in downtown ny, where I would not have reception.
i returned mine on friday and went back to my 9700 and i am so happy . i just felt that the droid OS still needed some work, but when it does get that work done it will become a major player. yes yes they 200000 a day numbers dont mean crap if your OS is crap .
Old 08-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #24
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

There will always be something new to try, thats why we have a market for the things.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #25
raven71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
PIN: 249F7DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERK350Z View Post
i returned mine on friday and went back to my 9700 and i am so happy . i just felt that the droid OS still needed some work, but when it does get that work done it will become a major player. yes yes they 200000 a day numbers dont mean crap if your OS is crap .
What did you find not working for you? I had doubts the first day, but after reading on other forums and finding short cuts things are getting better. Like I said I wish I could say a name and have it dial for me. I can't believe they don't have it or an app. Their voice recognition is so good I an talking to post this.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #26
sharpycl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Lu920
PIN: is where your heart is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
OH NO!! I love kittens.. please for the sake of the kittens lets not ever make another thread on this again. :'(
Closed Thread