Old 06-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
mlong219

Model: 8700C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Question Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I just upgraded from platform 4.6 to 5.0. I performed a complete backup before I did the upgrade, and the upgrade process also backed up my data as well. Once the upgrade was complete, I noticed my contacts were in the list. Later I noticed that I couldn't get any emails from our BB Enterprise server. I was told I had to re-activate my email, which my BB Admin did, and now my email works, but now all of my contacts are gone!

When I tried to do a restore, it doesn't restore my contacts. How can I restore my contacts from my backup file(s)?

I even added a new contact, backuped up my data, then deleted the contact, then did a restore, and my contact list was empty. The restore didn't work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by mlong219; 06-02-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong219 View Post
Hi All,

I just upgraded from platform 4.6 to 5.0. I performed a complete backup before I did the upgrade, and the upgrade process also backed up my data as well. Once the upgrade was complete, I noticed my contacts were in the list. Later I noticed that I couldn't get any emails from our BB Enterprise server. I was told I had to re-activate my email, which my BB Admin did, and now my email works, but now all of my contacts are gone!

When I tried to do a restore, it doesn't restore my contacts. How can I restore my contacts from my backup file(s)?

I even added a new contact, backuped up my data, then deleted the contact, then did a restore, and my contact list was empty. The restore didn't work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Do a selective restore from your pre-upgrade backup file. Its an option in either Desktop Manager or Loader.exe (found in C, program files, common files, research in motion, 'apploader' folder)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
mlong219

Model: 8700C
Carrier: ATT
Question Re: Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Dreams View Post
Do a selective restore from your pre-upgrade backup file. Its an option in either Desktop Manager or Loader.exe (found in C, program files, common files, research in motion, 'apploader' folder)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Which Data Type do I select? The following is the only ones that are enabled for me to select in the restore process?

WAP Push Messages
Visual Voice Mail Options
Trusted Key Store
SMS Messages
RMS Databases
Random Pool
Purged Messages
Policy
PIN Messages
PGP Key Store
MMS Messages
Map Locations
KeyStoreManager
Handheld Key Store
Folders
Folder ID
Device Option
Content Store
Certificate Options
Browser Messages
Browser Data Cache
Attachment Data

Don't see anything related to Contacts. I'm using BB Desktop Version 6.0.2.44

Thanks!

Last edited by mlong219; 06-02-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Closed Thread