Carrier: Telia

Please Login to Remove!

thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #202
kw*

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

After using this theme for a while, I have only one wish to realize: the today screen,no weather and only the calendar view (with more entries), no messages. Is this possible?

Kind regards
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #203
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

The days of OS5 themes are nearing their end and so I've responded to the calls here to get the profiles OFF the 0 key and I've reassigned it to ALT+A (Which is the asterisk) to bring up profiles.

For now I'm in the process of updating the other incarnations of this, but the normal Today 9700 theme has been updated and I'm working on the weather one as well.

I think what I'm going to do is release the source files for these themes right here on this thread in hopes people will make the little tweaks here and there that they would like. I have noticed that the theme file takes FOREVER to load in theme builder for some reason, not sure what it is, but it started doing that one day and has stuck with the save file since then.

Anyway, I'll release the source files for these themes here and I will create a new thread for my other theme that I never released. (Friends and I have been running it for months with no problems or oddities) That theme is somewhat of a PITA to build as I'm pushing theme builder pretty hard to keep the file size down. In the end I have to build the file multiple times before I get a build where theme builder doesn't crash making it. It's time consuming and one of the main reasons I didn't make it public earlier.

So, the regular download links are now live for the Today-9700 theme and you can grab the non-weather versions here (Same links posted throughout the thread, but they have the latest version on them now):

Normal: http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/tod...today-9700.jad

No Animations: http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/tod...700-noanim.jad

EDIT:

Wanted to add that it blows me away there's still a demand for this (type) theme! It's been quite a long time since I originally released the 8900 version that spawned this updated version and yet there are still posts in here to keep it on the front page of the theme forum! THANK YOU for the support and encouragement on this project!

I wouldn't be coming back and updating it now if I wasn't getting messages and posts here requesting changes and additions.

Also, once the other files are complete, I'll post the source here for all of them so you all can add your tweaks and changes as you see fit.

Last edited by HaTaX; 11-10-2010 at 08:01 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #204
kamel79

Carrier: PLUS
Default Re: Today Plus Theme - 9700 Clean, stock look

Hi this theme is realy specially for me, I use it for long time and i don't need any else. But I have one question, if it is possible of course: how to change a wallpaper in menu with all icons, because when I change a wallpaper is only changing a today one. Thanks for your time, and please answer

Walpaper best for me is :Black
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	18921  
Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #205
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

In keeping good on my promise, here's probably my last significant post in this thread. This post will have EVERYTHING related to the Today-9700 and Today-9700-Weather themes. Sorry this took so long, but a few months ago the weather theme got corrupted and I've finally got around to rebuilding it, as well as tweaking the source files for the non-weather version so that it didn't take 15 minutes to load in Theme Builder.

First of all I've changed the shortcut keys around and this time it should make everyone happy, here's what I've come up with:

Space = Quicklaunch
ALT+A = Profiles (This is really mapped to the "*" key)
Currency Key($) = SMS/MMS
ALT+T = Clock (This is really mapped to the "(" key)

I've also made some tweaks to the menu and pop up backgrounds, they should look black when you look at them head on and then fade to a semi-transparent slight blue as you tilt your screen away from you.

Otherwise, here's the links for the new versions!

Open these links up on your BB browser: (Same links as posted previously, files are updated though)

Today-9700-Weather

Today-9700 (No screen animations)

Today-9700-Weather

Today-9700-Weather (No screen animations)

And here is the promised source code for the Today-9700 series themes:
Today-9700-Source.zip
Today-9700-Weather-Source.zip

ALX Files for desktop manager installation are below if anyone needs non-ota links:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (442.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (442.1 KB, 166 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-Weather-ALX.zip (444.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-Weather-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (444.0 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by HaTaX; 11-28-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #206
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

It's been about a week since I got this out there and as of yet, no posts in here as to how people feel about the new shortcuts. I'm kind of holding out posting the new version of this theme (The screenshots posted earlier show the new layout, 3 icons across the top and a today area that changes content based on the icon).

Once I know that this shortcut layout works for everyone and at least doesn't cause dialing issues for people, then I'll be good to go and can get the new theme posted up!

Let me know how it's working for you!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #207
samsenteur

Carrier: Vodafone
Smile Re: Today Plus Theme - 9700 Clean, stock look

Sorry HaTax, we should have congratulated you!
Yes, it now works perfectly, I'm using the weather animated version.

The only thing that is strange is that when someone calls me, its name overrides the caller picture on the left... Maybe the font is too big on the caller name. But as soon as I answer the screen change and the display is normal. This doesn't annoy me very much anyway... This theme is really the perfect one for me and I owe you thousands of thanks!

Last edited by samsenteur; 12-08-2010 at 04:46 AM..
Old 12-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #208
xfelix

Carrier: CMCC

this theme looks great.
but the customized shortcut keys not working sometime. ALT+A, ALT+T not functional while others built in shortcut keys work well.
Seems conflict in the the shortcut keys assignment. Is there any way to restore the shortcut keys to default through theme studio ?
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #209
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

I'll take a look at the text placement, it's possible that when I moved over the theme files something was goofy with the incoming call screen. I've seen that happen before (It's a bug in theme builder that can be a pain), and it's a fairly easy fix if it is what I think...

Also the shortcut keys can be easily edited in the source files I made available, if you look in the SVG file with a text editor, it should be pretty obvious where to edit to change the mappings. Remember that the shortcut keys do NOT work on the icon menu! They only function on the home screen itself, not the icon menu. Let me know if the shortcuts aren't working on the home screen as something is going on there if that's not functioning...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #210
bikeclimber2000

Hey does anyone know why the theme won't show up in my theme list? I'm trying to install it on my 9700 but I can't seem to use it. I've tried another 3rd party app as well and have the same problem. I'm really excited about this theme, but it just won't work.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #211
BB19

Carrier: 3

Hi HaTax,

I love this theme, thankyou so much!
But can you please tell me how I can hide the 'messages' part. And instead just have the calender showing.

Also is it possible to have more calender entries showing (if I get rid of the messages part)

And finally how can I make the writing bigger?

I've just recently purchased my blackberry so I'm not too sure how to edit the themes. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #212
adixis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Three Mobile

thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #213
engHK

Carrier: vodafone

Hi
there's some news regarding capabilities to use it on OS 6 and on 9700???

I used this theme before upgrading to OS6, unfotunately it doesn't work on OS6...

Hope hatax you can help us!

Thx
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #214
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

I had thought about porting this over to OS 6 but got frustrated by the fact that you lose a good amount of the functionality the OS 6 theme style offers.

Is this something people would like? I could probably give it a shot, it might not take much work at all. But I'm 99% sure things like the drop down menu at the top and the notifications screen would not be accessible.....
Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #215
sg60611
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
I had thought about porting this over to OS 6 but got frustrated by the fact that you lose a good amount of the functionality the OS 6 theme style offers.

Is this something people would like? I could probably give it a shot, it might not take much work at all. But I'm 99% sure things like the drop down menu at the top and the notifications screen would not be accessible.....
I'm looking for a Zen Today theme without the sliding trays for my 9780 OS6. Ideally I'd like 7 or 8 icons on the bottom but need 6 for sure.

Do you have something like this?

Thanks
Closed Thread