Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
Keith.W

Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Default BES Sync Delays

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone, I have an issue with a BES I administer.

Long story short is that the initial install was done all wrong (under the admin account) so I had uninstalled and re-installed BES. Unfortunately that didnt seem to solve the main issue the users were having and that is that wireless sync is delayed. As an example a user will get an email through exchange and see it in Outlook but not receive it on their phone until 2 hours+ later. If I check the user list in BES Manager I can even tell which users will be missing emails because the last contact time is at least an hour old while others are within the last 5 minutes.

I cant see any config issues with the BES and its installed the exact same way as the other 8/9 BES installs I've done that work perfectly.

Any ideas?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Keith.W

Just to add to this. If I do a "Reconcile Now" on the users phone it will sync right away. It seems like there is a setting that is not right or that there is a communications issue?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Keith.W

I see everyone is as stumped as me. In testing the device I figured out that if I disable the data connection and reenable it then it syncs right away. So it appears to be a device issue?
Closed Thread