BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Tutenstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att
Default Order status for Sprint BB...am I just wasting my time?

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered the BB 8703e from Sprint on Friday, and can't for the life of me get a status of my order.

I'm sure it will arrive with no problems, but just want to make sure.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've called the tele-sales number, they transfer me to customer support....nothing!!

I guess I am just eagerly awaiting my first ever BlackBerry.

I'll try to be patient!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Usually its next day air. maybe you order to late on friday for it to be processed and sent out. You should defintely receive it by tomorrow
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
Tutenstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
Usually its next day air. maybe you order to late on friday for it to be processed and sent out. You should defintely receive it by tomorrow
Thanks for the reply.

I definitely ordered it late Friday. Around 7pm EST.

But the sales person said Nextel phones could be shipped Next Day Fed Ex, but not Sprint phones. (??)

Sprint phones, she said, are shipped UPS.

My main concern is, I meant to have the BB shipped to my work.
But, in all my excitement of ordering the BB, I forgot to tell them that.

So the BB might be left on my porch for a bit.

I hope you are right, and it will be delivered today.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
gixxerfreak

Model: 8703
Carrier: Sprint
Default Bearer of bad news...

Well I hate to you but I ordered mine on Thursday after noon and i still haven't gotten it...
Here's my story.
Called after 8703 was released. Rep tells me. I need to pay my cancellation fee of $200 from Nextel and pay $499 for the BB, because I'm not entitled to the rebates. I asked if he was smoking crack and he said "Lot's of it". I've been a Nextel customer for over 5 years now. So I said no thanks.

Called a week later in hopes of getting someone that would know what they are talking about. This person tells me that the 8703e is not available yet for another week. Enough said, I laughed and hung up on her.

Called a week later (Nov 2) got someone who was on the same level as me. Told me I didn't have to pay the disconnection charge. For obvious reasons. And told me I could get the phone for $350. And that I can port my number over to Sprint. FINE I ordered it.

Now I woke on Monday morning to find out that now I get the phone for $200.WTF!!! Still waiting for the phone and praying that I can call back and get the additional rebates...

All this for BB!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
gixxerfreak

Default Finally!!!

Was able to get a tracking number, but of course it hasn't been shipped yet...Should get it tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
gixxerfreak

Default Holy Cow!!!

How funny is that just as I posted the last message, my doorbell rings...UPS!!!

The worst part is that they told me that they couldn't track the number because it hadn't shipped yet.

Last edited by gixxerfreak; 11-07-2006 at 01:32 PM..
Old 11-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Tutenstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Talking to the reps at Tele-sales is the reason I want to find out the status of my BB.
I just don't feel too confident about the transaction.
At one point she wanted to confirm that I wanted to purchase the TREO!
So now I'm thinking the phone that will arrive will be a Treo 650!
Ahhh....the wait!

PIN: 23E1953E
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
Tutenstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I received my BB today!
I love this BB!

PIN: 23E1953E
Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

and we all lived happier ever after. Enjoy the phone, i love it
Old 11-08-2006, 07:13 AM   #10
FroogleThis
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Same thing happened to me with Cingular. I ordered a family plan, one BB 8700c and one Samsung phone. Apparently someone else is using my SSN so they put my order on the fraud shelf and neglected to tell me. I finally called and fixed the issue, and I couldn't track the package or get order status until the day it ended up on my porch. :( Ah well, life happens.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #11
9thfloormaniac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30CB26D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerfreak
Well I hate to you but I ordered mine on Thursday after noon and i still haven't gotten it...
Here's my story.
Called after 8703 was released. Rep tells me. I need to pay my cancellation fee of $200 from Nextel and pay $499 for the BB, because I'm not entitled to the rebates. I asked if he was smoking crack and he said "Lot's of it". I've been a Nextel customer for over 5 years now. So I said no thanks.

Called a week later in hopes of getting someone that would know what they are talking about. This person tells me that the 8703e is not available yet for another week. Enough said, I laughed and hung up on her.

Called a week later (Nov 2) got someone who was on the same level as me. Told me I didn't have to pay the disconnection charge. For obvious reasons. And told me I could get the phone for $350. And that I can port my number over to Sprint. FINE I ordered it.

Now I woke on Monday morning to find out that now I get the phone for $200.WTF!!! Still waiting for the phone and praying that I can call back and get the additional rebates...

All this for BB!!!
How were you able to get the phone for $200? Was this with telesales or retentions?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #12
peterparker123

Model: 8730

Ahhh man. I am frustrated beyond belief. I switched from Nextel to Sprint and they promised me a phone the next day. Did not come for 4 days and I got a 7130 instead of 8703. The day was late Friday so could not do anything until Monday. On Monday, I spoke to sales support and got them to exchange. I got a order number. I called today and they tell me that there is tracking number but I cannot track it on UPS. Then they told me that it is just ordered today. Plus they ported my number over and so my nextel blackberry has not been working over a week. I am ticked!!!!! Can I write to anyone at Sprint?>
Old 11-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #13
Tutenstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker123
Ahhh man. I am frustrated beyond belief. I switched from Nextel to Sprint and they promised me a phone the next day. Did not come for 4 days and I got a 7130 instead of 8703. The day was late Friday so could not do anything until Monday. On Monday, I spoke to sales support and got them to exchange. I got a order number. I called today and they tell me that there is tracking number but I cannot track it on UPS. Then they told me that it is just ordered today. Plus they ported my number over and so my nextel blackberry has not been working over a week. I am ticked!!!!! Can I write to anyone at Sprint?>
Hopefully You and I won't have to call Sprint Customer support very often!

I have found that it is hit or miss. I'll call and get someone who has no idea what they are talking about then I'll call back and get someone competent.

I swear that happened, six times. Three knowledgeable, three who had no clue.

I would call the Sprint Customer service, not the Tele-sales.

As for the tracking number not working, I had the same problem. In my case, for some reason, the way they looked it up, the last 6 numbers were cut off.

The rep I talked to had to hightlight the tracking number and paste it in another program to get the complete tracking number.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #14
peterparker123

Model: 8730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutenstein
Hopefully You and I won't have to call Sprint Customer support very often!

I have found that it is hit or miss. I'll call and get someone who has no idea what they are talking about then I'll call back and get someone competent.

I swear that happened, six times. Three knowledgeable, three who had no clue.

I would call the Sprint Customer service, not the Tele-sales.

As for the tracking number not working, I had the same problem. In my case, for some reason, the way they looked it up, the last 6 numbers were cut off.

The rep I talked to had to hightlight the tracking number and paste it in another program to get the complete tracking number.

Good luck.
You know what really upsets me is that I called the sprint corporate store in our city and they told me that I could get it from them but I would have to pay full price.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
gixxerfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
How were you able to get the phone for $200? Was this with telesales or retentions?

I didn't get that yet... What I meant was I checked the site and found out that had I waited a few more days I would have gotten it for $200. I actually paid $350. I'm going to call back and see if i can get the additional rebates.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #16
ezyproductions

Model: 7100
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerfreak
Here's my story.

All this for BB!!!

WOW

your story is the same as mine, i thought i wrote this?? weird.
i ordered my 8703 today and noticed 3 days ago it was $350 and now $199.

nextel did give me a $200 credit on my account to offset the new phone charge from sprint. I am hoping the transfer from nextel 7520 to sprint 8703 is smooth. i still cant get a tracking number, but i am supposed to get the phone friday.

the sales dept said the 8703 is far superior than the 7520. i just need the telenav to work and i will be happy. telenav is useless on the 7520.

what other cool features does the 8703 have that the 7520 lacks?

thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 AM   #17
gixxerfreak

Default What!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezyproductions
WOW

your story is the same as mine, i thought i wrote this?? weird.
i ordered my 8703 today and noticed 3 days ago it was $350 and now $199.

nextel did give me a $200 credit on my account to offset the new phone charge from sprint. I am hoping the transfer from nextel 7520 to sprint 8703 is smooth. i still cant get a tracking number, but i am supposed to get the phone friday.

the sales dept said the 8703 is far superior than the 7520. i just need the telenav to work and i will be happy. telenav is useless on the 7520.

what other cool features does the 8703 have that the 7520 lacks?

thanks
The 8703 completely blows away the 7520. I had 7520 then the 7100i and now the 8703 and I think I have found my last Blackberry (NOT). This thing is awesome. First off the modem tethering works like a champ. Today I got over 1mb download when I ran some bandwidth tests. Finally and Finally it plays MP3's. I downloaded like 15 different ringtones.
And if you're a Telenav user. FORGETTABOUTIT!!! 10 times better than the old version. I've been using Telenav since it was first released. i still remember all my friends saying that thing isn't going to work. But then I whipped my i720 and was Yeah,,, How you like me now!! It now uses 3D maps like all the expensive GPS units have (ie, TomTom and Garmin). Maps load much quicker obviously. I can't say anything bad about it. The only thing it doesn't do yet is change my daughters diapers yet!

As a bonus... Where ever my Nextel didn't work or i got dropped calls my Sprint now works.

Last edited by gixxerfreak; 11-10-2006 at 01:01 AM..
Old 11-10-2006, 03:37 AM   #18
ezyproductions

Model: 7100
Carrier: nextel

dude you are the man! great reply! i am siked now! thanks! where the hell is my tracking #!!!

what about the diffrent email accounts? can i silent all emails from my bellsouth account by get alerts from my yahoo?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
gixxerfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezyproductions
dude you are the man! great reply! i am siked now! thanks! where the hell is my tracking #!!!

what about the diffrent email accounts? can i silent all emails from my bellsouth account by get alerts from my yahoo?
Don't understand your question but I think the answer is yes...
I have my BB setup on my companies BES server. I also use the webclient for my other 3 email accounts. So on my Blackberry I actually have 4 inboxes. The nice part is when I reply to any email I can reply using that email address that received it on. Awesome, Awesome. All I'm waiting for is the extended battery door. I have an extra cap battery from my 7100i that I want to start using.
Closed Thread