Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Bult816

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help for a Blackberry NEWB!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I've had my BB for about a month now and I love it. But i have a few problems I can't seem to solve.

1. My call log seems to always consist of the last 20 entries. I have over 15mb of memory left, so I don't think that is the reason for the problem. Is there any way for me to see ALOT MORE entries than this? I've checked the settings everywhere.

2. I cannot get my blackberry to sync calendar items with my Outlook 2007. The tasks and contacts sync perfectly, but it does nothing on the calendar. Any ideas?

3. Where can I download the latest software for this thing? I have Verizon, and have read threads about VZW, but don't know where to access it. I have version 4.3.0.60 now.

any help is greatly appreciated. My main issue is number 1 above.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

1 - If you select view folders from your messages folder menu, then call logs, do you see many more entries?

2 - Not sure. I assume you have double checked your settings in Desktop Manager. Outlook is selected? Sync is selected? The correct folder is selected?

Last edited by aiharkness; 04-16-2008 at 04:37 PM..
Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Chillin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bult816 View Post
Ok, I've had my BB for about a month now and I love it. But i have a few problems I can't seem to solve.

1. My call log seems to always consist of the last 20 entries. I have over 15mb of memory left, so I don't think that is the reason for the problem. Is there any way for me to see ALOT MORE entries than this? I've checked the settings everywhere.

2. I cannot get my blackberry to sync calendar items with my Outlook 2007. The tasks and contacts sync perfectly, but it does nothing on the calendar. Any ideas?

3. Where can I download the latest software for this thing? I have Verizon, and have read threads about VZW, but don't know where to access it. I have version 4.3.0.60 now.

any help is greatly appreciated. My main issue is number 1 above.
1a. Go to your Call Log, highlight any item and hit Menu>View History and it will show you the whole history for that contact. It only shows the most recent call in your Call Log

1b. Go to messages and hit Alt>P (or Menu>View folder>Phone Call Logs) for a full standard style call log.

2. Do you have you calendar set to sync on BES? Did you try going to Desktop Manager>Syncronize>Configuration>Configure Sync?

3. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that will show youwhere to download it, but the newest is only slightly newer than what you have.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Bult816

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Ok thank you

I found that call log (alt-P) from the messages list. That is exactly what I was looking for. The way I was viewing call logs before was just by pushing the 'green' phone button. That shows you the last 20 calls apparently. Not sure why they don't put the whole list here.

I checked all of my settings on the device manager, and I'm not sure what's going on with the calendar. The contacts and tasks are set up the same way, and they work. The calendar does not.

Not sure really......

Thanks for the tips on the call log. Anybody else ideas on the calendar issue?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

OS Downloads http://www.blackberryforums.com/wiki...stem_Downloads

Desktop Downloads
http://www.blackberryforums.com/wiki...ager_Downloads

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

If you are using Desktop Manager 4.3, you might be wise to uninstall and try 4.2 SP2. Who knows, but may be the cure. From posts on the forum, many have trouble with 4.3 and many of the mod's recommend 4.2 SP2.

You could also try, in no particular order, a hard reset, then try syc'ing again. Or use advanced in backup/restore and 'cleare' the calendar data base on the handheld, then re-sync. FWIW. Just stabbing in the dark.