Model: 7100i

Please Login to Remove!

o yea they need a cam like 3.3 mp
Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #42
Barrikin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Something that doesn't get me in shit with the wife.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #43
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrikin
Something that doesn't get me in shit with the wife.
It's actually rather funny that you should mention this, because it was the basis of my switching from a Treo to BB. My Treo 600 did not have very good reception, only it turns out that my BB 7250 is only marginally better.

I am not really sold on the BB's yet, I think they leave alot to be desired; such as:

Expandable Memory - It blows my mind that in this day and age that anyone would develop a device without it!

More Built In Memory - My opinion on this is that RIM plays into the hands of developers that offer "Subscription" services. This is really only necessary because there is not enough built in memory to fit a reasonably full application. It is forces (sort of) us BB users to purchase unlimited data packages - Why? Because you need the extra data bandwith to use all the damn subscription services ........... Helloooo!

More *Usefull* Built In Apps - Like some decent "Office" programs would be nice so I don't have to use the crappy attachment services just to look at a d*mn document. Again, something else that eats up data and also because the built in memory is so low, downloading multiple "Complete" emails would overload the memory. Not Good!

I hate those stupid cameras in phones .......... *RIM! if you can hear me ........... don't put in useless cameras!!!!!!!

I truly beleive the hardware for the cameras (albeit small) take up valuable space and resources that could have been put to better use, like better receivers. *Palm! ....... Did you hear that! get rid of the damn cameras and put in better receivers.

Don't flame me! These are my opinions and I truly beleive that RIM has a good thing going, it just seems that their development process is too slow. I AM Canadian and want nothing more than to see a Canadian company such as RIM do well. I do however think that if they don't get off their laurels soon, Microsoft and Palm are going to leave them in their dust trail.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 06-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #44
ItsAllVerbatim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inphektion
That's not a bad idea. I bet they could make one today as slim as the razor but in a credit card sized square. And just does emails and pins and costs $50. that would sell like mad.
I say this all the time...does no one remember the craze that was the Motorola 2 way pagers?

Both the Timeports and the T900's were small and basic. Monochrome, tiny little keyboards, pocketable and sold like hot cakes. Everyone from healthcare to realtors to rap artists (and, more importantly, consumers who imitated these three main telelcommunications consumers) was getting one at one point.

Some hospitals are just now switching over to Treo's and Blackberries from the Timeport T900's (the small blakc clamshell models, mostly sold through SkyTel.)

Blackberry.

You'd make a killing with a basic, sub-$100 model with a color screen the size of a credit card, the width of a RAZR, and a QWERTY keyboard. It doesn't even have to be QWERTY...the 18-34 market segment alone would devour it. Blackberries are still not as adoptable as camera phones because you can get a cheap camera phone for $29. I know not all segments nor conusmers are the same - I'm just saying for explosive market growth, they are going to have to, perhaps in parallel to the business line, release devices WITHOUT cameras but with multimedia features. Pinging should be a household word by now. Text is a convienence we should have made affordable.

I own a 8700c, a 7105t, a 7520 with a plan and a old 950. I can afford BB's.

They need to target those who previously couldn't. The would truly be an unstoppable force. And Microsoft couldn't do a damn thing.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #45
DoomBringer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T

One with an OS that doesn't break. I can't tell you how many times during a dev/deployment/whatever cycle of tests the thing broke.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #46
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBringer
One with an OS that doesn't break. I can't tell you how many times during a dev/deployment/whatever cycle of tests the thing broke.
You must be talking about a Treo because in my experience and many other's on this forum, the OS is rock solid. I have never had mine "break" no matter what program, OS, or theme I've installed.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #47
devlol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

My 8700 + better bluetooth + better speaker / mic + expandable mem slot
Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #48
HuwSy

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

7130g with more memory, around the 512mb mark.

Some easy way to sync music and video and documents and images to it.

More open development system, so someone can make a video player which supports divx and tomtom type software, also relys on more memory above.

Finally built able to withstand a tank driving over it, lol.

But no camera, and no memory. Need to keep it governmentaly acceptable.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #49
emperorMA

Model: 7130e

I would like a full-featured device similar to the 8700 with more internal memory, a memory card slot and multi-media capability. I would really like it if this device were made to run on something other than those cheapy, slow GSM networks that BB is so fond of. I know that Europe uses that and so do the lesser carriers here (BIG markets), but Asia and enlightened carriers here know that data's future runs on superior (and more expensive) CDMA technology.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #50
Bscott

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I would love to see a memory card slot, better GPS and a phone that would not have to be replaced everytime something locks up on it ( I am on my third phone in a year and a half) and tech support that knows more about the phone than I do.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #51
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Wow. Three phones in 18 months. Hmm.. Never had to replace one myself.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:09 AM   #52
HuwSy

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

Oh something thats not quite the phone needing changing so is possible.

Google maps to use gps snd display 3d mapping for navigation either in road view or satellite view, with onscreen and possibly voice direction where supported. Then have the keys assignable so i could press say P and it would show me on the map the local petrol stations then press it again and it would add to the route a detour via the nearest petrol station. Being a live connection it should also have the most upto date library of places and speed cameras, including any mobile sites that are active that day.

Edit: Maybe i should add this to the 3rd party softare forum.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #53
forevergreen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: vzw

I don't know if this has been offered already, but I think a dedicated NUM LOCK button would be great. I know you can num lock with two key strokes, but i never bother. It would be handy when you can only use one hand to type.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #54
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Here's what my users are asking for:

More memory, so the following could be possible:
Sync ALL messages in the past. (It would be nice if BES/BIS culd at least store the Subject and From fields. If it had to download the message bodies, that would be accpetable, but we'd prefer to store them all. This might be possible with several hundred MBs of memory.

Remote access to file shares.
This is not feasible without some sort of MS Office viewer (with at least somewhat to embed comments or do redline mark ups) or an Adobe Reader.

Access to threaded discussions in Lotus Notes databases.
Probably not likely without a full Lotus Notes client running on the BB. But maybe some Notes APIs would give this ability?

At least 7-day battery life under heavy use conditions.

More bling-bling and more sex appeal. (for the BB not the users, although it wouldn't hurt the users).

Better webmail integration
Two-way wireless email reconciliation between GMail and a BB handheld using BIS.
Two-way wireless email reconciliation between HoTMaiL and a BB handheld using BIS.

Ability to view Lotus Notes encrypted email.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #55
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

I think a BB is perfect right now, with the exception of a toilet, a fridge a 60inch plasma and a vagina...
Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #56
brokendreams

Model: 7100i

iDEN
decent camera (1.5 MP and above
Voicerecord support
PTT support
The size of a 7100i
Military spec
mp3 ringtones (not that important, but I'm dreaming here, right?)
Bluetooth support
WiFi support
IM support
expandable media slot!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #57
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

My perfect BB is not a BB at all I am using a nextel motorola i930 and dang I love this phone. Never dreamed I would leave the BB world but I havent missed it at all.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #58
wortmanb

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

It may just be that I am new to threads and to bb's as a whole, but I want to be able to send email with attachments. If there is a way an I am just not able to figure it out let me know. Also expandable memory.

"Curve"
Old 10-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #59
Impaler80s
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: 31B54365
Carrier: Sprint

For me, a long-time Nextel user, would be durability. I've had the 7510, 7520 and now 7100i. Nextel is big about providing padding for their phones, and this would be nice, too.

Would like to see a Pearl and 4.2 version BB for Nextel, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #60
hcheun

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I'll just wait for the Crimson to come out for Verizon/Sprint. It pretty much sums up my perfect blackberry. After it's released, i think i can die and go to Blackberry heaven. LoL
Closed Thread