Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:38 AM   #121
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Well I paniced after i got mine and it quit working thats when I made the mistake of calling Nextel to see what happened. Howeve I like space man spiff fixed it by deleting all service books restarting going to HRT reregistering doing a one time undelete and not a problem since.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:53 AM   #122
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_AB
It is still unbelievable that Nextel would roll something this huge with such poor communication inside their own company. WOW that terrible.
its nothing new with nextel .. this happens with everything and anything they roll out, introduce or offer.. no rep, technician or manager are on the same page and not all know what you are talking about.

I have been with nextel for about 7 years now, same account same phone number and its always always the same.. thats why forums like this and hofo, etc are the best thing that happened to nextel users .. atleast if you do have to call nextel, you can call them with a great idea of what you need done and guide them .. sounds backwards, but thats what its like and has always been like..

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120
Old 05-05-2005, 06:58 AM   #123
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnetgeek
its nothing new with nextel .. this happens with everything and anything they roll out, introduce or offer.. no rep, technician or manager are on the same page and not all know what you are talking about.

I have been with nextel for about 7 years now, same account same phone number and its always always the same.. thats why forums like this and hofo, etc are the best thing that happened to nextel users .. atleast if you do have to call nextel, you can call them with a great idea of what you need done and guide them .. sounds backwards, but thats what its like and has always been like..
I agree I have been with them since around 96 and its always the same, like I said in another post they dont even work for Nextel they are a private company hired to do tech supportthats why theu dont know everything. The tier 3 people are the only true Nextel employees. Thats why they go home at around 8pm. The others are A 3rd party company that are half trained if they cant see it on a screen they have no idea what you are talking about
Old 05-05-2005, 07:05 AM   #124
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t

is there anyway to go directly to T3 support?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:08 AM   #125
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Nope not that I have found. I use the service centers alot instead of tech support
Old 05-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #126
NXTL*BRIAN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Fixing the HTML Browser...

Today when I came back into the office my co-worker was on the phone with Nextel Data Support. Her 7250 had been doing the same thing that several of you all have been seeing. Last night I talked to Nextel for her and this woman that I talked to didn't know anything at all. So, being frustrated with her I asked her to turn a ticket into Data Support to call me today. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the office before my co-workers. Good news, I know that she talked to Data Support and her's is fine now. Bad news, I have no clue what Data Support done to fix the problem. When I asked her what they did to fix the problem she said, "Something was not configured in the webclient correctly." So whatever that means I guess! LoL My co-worker is defnitely not the smartest when it comes to the Blackberry, she finds it hard to send/recieve mail. However, her and Data Support managed to fix the problem in only 15-20 minutes. Sure would have been nice to know exactly what they did, or possible who she talked to at Data Support. I'll see what I can find out...
Old 05-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #127
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Nextel

If anyone is having issues with the HTML browser and can't find the correct answers here, I suggest emailing Nextel if you are thinking about calling them. I've documented my initial experiance above. Nearly an hour worth of calls, it was a complete waste of time.

So last night, I decided to email customer support with a detailed message. Early this morning, Nextel emails me back and advised taht someone will take care of the problem. It must have been around lunchtime when I received my lost HTML browser icon and since then, all is good.

On a note with Nextel CSR: The path in getting to talk to Tier 2 support is difficult. CSR asks you a myriad of questions first before transferring your call to the 'appropriate department' despite stating that Tier 2 has been helping me with the same issue. It would be nice if they documented the last CSR you spoke with and then direct you to that department as such if you mention you are still experiancing the same issues.

Tier 2 support are also clueless. I don't even know if there is such a thing as Tier 3 since Tier 2 insists on being able to absolve the issues I have been having. It seems that by emailing them, someone who knows what they are doing can help you out with your issues.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #128
resqchamp

Smile I am back up and running.

If it helps anyone, my browser stopped working after I downloaded the Rambler IM program. After spending a while on tech support, I gave up and deleted the Rambler app. After the Rambler app was deleted, my device reset and my browser is working again. If you have recently downloaded that app, I suggest you try it. It might not be the app..it could just be the reset...but it worked and didnt have to call nextel service back.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:02 PM   #129
nowucy

Just updated a friends 7520. No Prob.

Great Posts.
Pin #40083117
Nextel Model 7520
Jabra BT 200 BlueTooth Headset
Chicago IL

Whats really good?

Last edited by nowucy; 05-14-2005 at 12:30 AM..
Old 05-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #130
brwntiger

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

I had the same problem with the HTML browser and my solution was solved by calling Nextel Tech. Support and the rep did a reset on my data services, then I deleted ALL of my service books, powered down the unit, performed a hard reset (removing battery), and then when it powered back up there was the icon.

I've been back and forth with tech. support all day (about 6 phone calls), trying everything from HRT reregistrations, to hard/soft resets. But this time it actually worked it less than 10 minutes.

I hope it works for you guys. Now if I can just get my TeleNav to work!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #131
Incognito

Did exactly what the one guy said on here a few posts back. Deleted service book, turned it off, took batter out for a few mins, popped it back in, undelted service book thing once, and did register now on HRT.

Everything works fine. HTML broweser icon came up (almost looks like a bowling ball and pins). Works. All my other apps work too. Nothing got deleted.

I am in central NJ. No HTML browser icon before this. Updated new software 2 days ago.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #132
lpd293

Model: 8703e
Default HTML Browser Fix

I posted a while back and had to get an exchange for another Blackberry 7520 cause the HTML browser locked up my whole handheld...The fix is three steps to retrieve your HTML Browser after updating the handheld software...

Update the handheld software on the Blackberry site...

1. Perform a Master Radio Reset found in Security under options...
2. Delete every service book except for Web Client. EVERYONE...
3. Register Now under Host Routing Table...and all service books apper
again... and viola there is your HTML browser for the 7520...

I've done this process with 3 of my friends already and found it worked for all...Good Luck and let me know if this works...
Old 05-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #133
thomasanderson

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpd293
I posted a while back and had to get an exchange for another Blackberry 7520 cause the HTML browser locked up my whole handheld...The fix is three steps to retrieve your HTML Browser after updating the handheld software...

Update the handheld software on the Blackberry site...

1. Perform a Master Radio Reset found in Security under options...
2. Delete every service book except for Web Client. EVERYONE...
3. Register Now under Host Routing Table...and all service books apper
again... and viola there is your HTML browser for the 7520...

I've done this process with 3 of my friends already and found it worked for all...Good Luck and let me know if this works...
Thanks Ipd293! Worked like a charm. This new browser is fast as ever! Blows Webviewer out the water!
Old 05-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #134
rohn_s

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Frustrated, have tried every tip given, no luck. Guess a dreaded call to CS will need to be done.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #135
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hmmm, I have logged some info when I lost my browser after deleting the service books in an attempt to retrieve error data access to the web. I'd like to post the info here but it's a lot of info thus it's easier to direct you to my blog:

http://chilee.typepad.com/punching_b..._my_.html#more

good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #136
kbert

I got my html browser on my 7520 finally. Was waiting like everyone else until I read these forums and found out that I had to upgrade my handheld to version 4.0.0.319. After doing the upgrade, there it was and is working fine so far.

Ken
Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #137
MrE

Model: 7510

How do you get BBWeather to work on Nextel 7510?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:36 AM   #138
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Well, I've been going to BWC everyday for the last week and yesterday "Send Internet Browsing Service Book" finally showed up. I clicked the button and within 2 minutes I had the browser again.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #139
MarkII

Erasing service books and then registering the HRT did the trick. Thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #140
Hoth

Model: 8830

Wandering question here. Nextel 7520 with os 4.xxxx
How did the browser appear and did you have to do some sort of push for it?
And they all play nice on my hip!!
Closed Thread