mdlissner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Preview Pane

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelW View Post
Any other beta testers have comments/opinions on my suggestion that he add a "Preview Pane" at the bottom, so that simply scrolling to one of the listed To Do's would bring up details on that item, displayed in a small, say two line window at the bottom of the screen?

It would eliminate having to open the To Do, to view many of it's most important details, but you'd have to give up a few To Do's in the list (perhaps two lines?)

For me, it'd be nice to just scroll to hightlight an item, and quickly see it's details.

You could also add a hot key, say, the "op" key, to toggle the Preview Pane on/off. That way, you wouldn't even have to reduce how many to-do's are displayed... toggle the Preview Pane off, you'd have, say, 15 or 16 tasks displayed, toggle the Preview Pane on, and it would be reduced to 13 or 14, but dispaly critical info on the highlighted item.

Thoughts?
I would go for a preview pane. Especailly if there was a way to go in to the pane and edit or at least mark as complete from the menu key or trackball.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 09-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #42
mdlissner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrr View Post
Hi there,

can you please try downloading again?

Thank you for letting us know!

The Link2 Team

I am still getting the following:

Error: Unsupported authentication scheme on my BB8800 [Cingular]

Followed by:

A problem occurred while trying to render the page.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 09-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #43
jjrr

Model: 8700
Carrier: v

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
I am still getting the following:

Error: Unsupported authentication scheme on my BB8800 [Cingular]

Followed by:

A problem occurred while trying to render the page.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark,

can you please try again? - we have checked the link and uploaded the app again.

Thank you so much!

The Link2 Team
Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #44
mdlissner

Default Still getting the error

Still cannot download from the OTA site.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 09-16-2007, 09:38 AM   #45
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

this update didnt implement different levels of priority right? say like high is marked red or a red star next to it or anything.

any way to see the tasks for the next two weeks without getting rid of the this week? i want to see tasks due within the next two weeks.

also, i'd like to see the year 2007 removed from the date, because filtering the task i would think i know that it's the year 2007. only time u'd really need the year is from the 2nd week of december to january 2008.

and also, for marking the item complete, you should change the formating of it, say made it italics or no bold face. you cant really differentiate between the completed and uncompleted tasks when you show all.
finally, any thoughts of implementing check boxes? and checking the ones that have been completed?
just a thought.
keep up the good work. it has gotten much better from when it was first launched.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #46
9thtee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Hi,
When I bring up the filter popup, it is really slow scrolling between the selections. Like 1-2 seconds between them. I am using a 8300 with MagicTask .91. Also, scrolling thru the categories is pretty slow as well, although not as slow as scrolling thru the filters.

Might want to think about moving Show Completed to the menu button. For me, I will be using that very seldom and that would add another line for tasks or something important. I would even try to put filter and category on the same line to save space.

Somehow, I would like to see tasks that have a due date that is already past as well as today. Maybe have a menu option that says "Show Prior Tasks in Filter" yes or no. Then if you select today, you can see just today's tasks or today plus all past due. Same with selecting Tomorrow, it would show just tomorrow's tasks or tomorrow plus today plus all past due. I am afraid the way it is setup now, I will "loose" some past due tasks if I am not careful.

Keep up the good work. This is turning into a really nice application that I have been looking for. I will certainly purchase when it is finished.

Mark

Last edited by 9thtee; 09-16-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #47
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

another thing, when u open and close the app, it automatically shows completed tasks and all tasks. it'd be nice if you could sorta save it so you can set it to say, "this week" and show completed tasks on start up.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #48
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thtee View Post
Hi,
When I bring up the filter popup, it is really slow scrolling between the selections. Like 1-2 seconds between them. I am using a 8300 with MagicTask .91. Also, scrolling thru the categories is pretty slow as well, although not as slow as scrolling thru the filters.

Might want to think about moving Show Completed to the menu button. For me, I will be using that very seldom and that would add another line for tasks or something important. I would even try to put filter and category on the same line to save space.

Somehow, I would like to see tasks that have a due date that is already past as well as today. Maybe have a menu option that says "Show Prior Tasks in Filter" yes or no. Then if you select today, you can see just today's tasks or today plus all past due. Same with selecting Tomorrow, it would show just tomorrow's tasks or tomorrow plus today plus all past due. I am afraid the way it is setup now, I will "loose" some past due tasks if I am not careful.

Keep up the good work. This is turning into a really nice application that I have been looking for. I will certainly purchase when it is finished.

Mark
Hi there,

thank you for your positive feedback!

We totally agree on the filter issues - thank you for pointing that out!

Please stay tuned for another update (coming soon).

Again, thank you for your insightful feedback!

The Link2 Team
Old 09-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
9thtee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk1 View Post
another thing, when u open and close the app, it automatically shows completed tasks and all tasks. it'd be nice if you could sorta save it so you can set it to say, "this week" and show completed tasks on start up.
Ohhh, I just noticed that.
Maybe an option to remember the settings from the last time you used MagicTask.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #50
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

also, could you show the day on the "due date" in new tasks.

it currently only gives the date say "september XX XXXX" i'd be SO much better if it said "Friday, September XX XXXX"
Thanks

also, i'm having issues with new tasks. some of the task that i input from the built-in BB tasks, does not show up on magictask, anyone know what is going on?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #51
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

also, the "marked completed" option doesn't work until after you restart the application. anyone else have that issue?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #52
jjrr

Quote:
also, could you show the day on the "due date" in new tasks.

it currently only gives the date say "september XX XXXX" i'd be SO much better if it said "Friday, September XX XXXX"
Thanks

also, i'm having issues with new tasks. some of the task that i input from the built-in BB tasks, does not show up on magictask, anyone know what is going on?
Thank you for keeping us posted - we will investigate these issues now and get back to you later on today.

Thank you so much - we really appreciate it!

The Link2 Team
Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #53
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8703e: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I really like the format/view...much improved over standard.

I keep getting an uncaught exception error whenever I attempt to mark a task competed.

-simpson

-Young MC
Old 09-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #54
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Very odd. I updated to the latest version but removing program and modules and now all I see are two of my many tasks! I do not see anything in common except they were the first two in the task list. I also created a new task with the app and it does not appear but it is in the BB task list. Also still do not see the complete date associated with the task. I am on an 8800.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #55
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsimpson View Post
Wirelessly posted (8703e: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I really like the format/view...much improved over standard.

I keep getting an uncaught exception error whenever I attempt to mark a task competed.

-simpson
Thank you so much for keeping us posted!

Regarding the error - what version of the app are you please running?

Thank you
The Link2 Team
Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #56
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis View Post
Very odd. I updated to the latest version but removing program and modules and now all I see are two of my many tasks! I do not see anything in common except they were the first two in the task list. I also created a new task with the app and it does not appear but it is in the BB task list. Also still do not see the complete date associated with the task. I am on an 8800.
That's odd indeed - are you running v0.92?

Thank you!
The Link2 Team
Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #57
jjrr

Also, here is an explanation of all the "Due" filters:

- Today - all tasks which are due today
- Tomorrow - all tasks which are due tomorrow
- Due - all tasks which are either past-due or due today
- This week - all tasks which are due this week
- Next week - all tasks which are due sometime next week

Please let us know if you would like any additional filter and we will include them in the next version.

Thank you!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #58
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrr View Post
Also, here is an explanation of all the "Due" filters:

- Today - all tasks which are due today
- Tomorrow - all tasks which are due tomorrow
- Due - all tasks which are either past-due or due today
- This week - all tasks which are due this week
- Next week - all tasks which are due sometime next week

Please let us know if you would like any additional filter and we will include them in the next version.

Thank you!
i'd like to see filters that you can see "this week and next week" so, perhaps a way to customize the number of days ahead you'd like to see.
that'd be totally awesome!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #59
jjrr

Quote:
i'd like to see filters that you can see "this week and next week" so, perhaps a way to customize the number of days ahead you'd like to see.
that'd be totally awesome!
No problem

What about something like

- Next 14 days
- Next 30 days etc.. in the dropdowns?

Thank you so much!
The Link2 Team
Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #60
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt