BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #281
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I don't run Ramble, but I would guess that if you see Ramble in the BB task manager (alt esc) then it's possible.

Mark
Old 07-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #282
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

The same situation actually happened to me today. I opened my BB and noticed that the data traffic was running non-stop. Once I closed the PD application, it stopped. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #283
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
The same situation actually happened to me today. I opened my BB and noticed that the data traffic was running non-stop. Once I closed the PD application, it stopped. Has anyone else run into this problem?
...and again just now.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #284
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless

I did not nor do I have this issue with PocketDay and I have been using the program since March (I believe). However, when I installed Ramble (and no I have no axe to grind and no issue with the app) and left it running I saw constant traffic and an appreciable drop in battery level. I shut down Ramble and all was well. Of course IM is more of a "nice to have" item whereas Pocket Day is really indispensable to me.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:39 AM   #285
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

dkmadrid,

It's very odd becuase there's just no way for PocketDay to do that. If there's no service, it will just get an error back from the BB and do nothing.

I don't have any expanation right now. Probably time for a reboot when this happens.

Mark
Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #286
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
I did not nor do I have this issue with PocketDay and I have been using the program since March (I believe). However, when I installed Ramble (and no I have no axe to grind and no issue with the app) and left it running I saw constant traffic and an appreciable drop in battery level. I shut down Ramble and all was well. Of course IM is more of a "nice to have" item whereas Pocket Day is really indispensable to me.
Exactly my thoughts. I can't say that Ramble is the cause of this constant traffic as here are the facts:
1. I rarely use Ramble on my BB as if I want to be contacted via IM it's when I'm at work and run it on my laptop. Otherwise, please don't bother me.
2. EVERYTIME it's happened, the second I close/log out of the PD application, it immediately stops. There has never been a scenario where there is constant data traffic and PD is NOT running.

It is frustrating because Pocket Day has become an increasingly valuable and indespensable application for me, as well. For the last day or so I have not run it to see if my theory is correct, and it's been difficult for me to go back to managing my BB without it. Just frustrated, I guess.....
Old 07-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #287
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Bluetooth error

Has there been any progress on the error that occurs when you have Bluetooth assigned as a hotkey? It would be sweet to be able to turn it on and off from pocketday, since the bluetooth option is buried in one of the submenus on the BB by default, which I always thought was a dumb place for it.
Closed Thread