Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
blueruby16

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Cool Blackberry 9630 TOUR - Wallpaper removed after Reset

Please Login to Remove!

HI there, I have a question about my blackberry Tour 9630. I have been finding that when I reset the phone (battery pull), the wallpaper that I set defaults back to the carrier wallpaper (Telus wallpaper). I went to my media files and could not find the Telus Wallpaper in there - is there anyway to remove it? And why is it resetting? I've used the curve for over 2 years and have never had this problem. I have also been finding that with a reset, my application permissions are also resetting (ie. those for google maps and google mobile app)

Please help or provide insight!

Thanks
B.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

As far as the wallpaper is concerned... where do you store the image (device memory or media card)? Just a guess, but if you keep the image on the media card, it may be loading too late in the boot up process, so the BlackBerry thinks it has been removed since it can't access the media card.

I always keep my wallpaper and ringtones in the device memory to avoid this issue, although I can't honestly say that it is absolutely required. But I have never had the wallpaper reset, for what it's worth.

As for permissions... no idea about that one. What specifically is being reset?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

This happened to my Tour as well. I did a battery pull, and upon restart I had the default wallpaper back.

The carrier wallpaper is locked in the device memory and cannot be deleted by the handheld. In fact, I'm not sure removing it through the Desktop Manager would be a good idea. I believe this defaulting to the original carrier wallpaper is a glitch, and as long as it exists I don't know what the BlackBerry would do if it restarted and couldn't find the default wallpaper. Probably best to leave it there until an update to the OS comes along and clears this up.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Well there you go.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
blueruby16

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS

Thank you, Rambo. Are you having the same issue with the application permissions being reset when you reset the phone too? For example, in my google mobile apps, it asks for application permissions to be reset for google maps before i can use it. So it is a major pain to have to reset the permissions every time i reset the phone and want to use my google maps!

Cheers,
B.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:45 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Nope, no apps permission issues. I recall having problems with Google Maps on my Bold continually asking for permission to access things, and the cure was to re-install it. Seems there were a couple of versions, with only subtle differences, all called the same version. Which version you got depends which hosting server you downloaded from, and that's something you don't control. Randomly assigned by the network. IIRC, one version was signed and another was not. The Bold needed the unsigned one as, at the time, it was so new that many apps had not been properly updated to function on it.

So, to make a long story short (oops! too late for that!), delete Google Maps and download it again. Maybe several times, until it stops asking for permission each time and remembers the settings you assigned.

I'm on Sprint and Google Maps doesn't work with the GSP. BlackBerry Maps works perfectly though, so I just use that.

Last edited by rambo47; 09-15-2009 at 05:47 AM..
Closed Thread